partial cancellation

RubyDog08

We have reservations for 4 sailing in about 10 days. Due to a death in the family, one of our party has to cancel. :( We are well past any refund possibilities, and frankly do not care about that. My real question is this: Will the other three be allowed to board without the fourth person? Penalties? Other things I should be aware of? Thanks!

Are all 4 people staying in the same cabin? It used to be that everyone on the same Set Sail Pass had to check in together. I think that has changed now. Change your on-line check in to show the 4th person on his/her own Set Sail Pass. Then the three remaining people can board and the 4th will just be a no show.

The best advice is to call your travel agent or RCI and run it past them. As previously posted, you may be able to at least get taxes and port fees back. If the 4th is a no show, you won't get anything back.

At least one name must remain from the original reservation; that prevents people from selling their reservation to another family. In your case I am guessing three names will remain the same. If so, you easily clear that hurdle.

If there are four in one cabin, I expect your could get the port charges and taxes refunded if you cancel now. Also if by chance you cruise is now too full to allow more 3 or 4 bookings, canceling your fourth might allow some other family to add a loved one to their booking.

If it is two people in each of two cabins, are you sure you do not wish to change the 4th name to another friend or family member? You would probably be able to do so for free, so it is at least worth a brief thought. Depending upon the cabin capacities and relationships, you might well be able to rearrange people once on board...for example three people sleep in one cabin (if it is a triple) and the other has a cabin to themselves. if you do not wish to change names, you still might get port charges back if you cancel. make the call and find out.

For reasons i won't go into at this stage, hubby had to fly back home when we landed in Venice meaning i had 2 cruise on my own.

That was not a problem at checkin and the staff were very helpful.

I think my port taxes were refunded to me, because i remember some money going back on my account that i couldn't work out at the time (Thought it was a refund of an excursion before realising that was put back on my OBC)

As others have said, if you have another person you can take with you, then maybe give them a call and get the names changed over. Shouldn't be a problem.

We have reservations for 4 sailing in about 10 days. Due to a death in the family, one of our party has to cancel. :( We are well past any refund possibilities, and frankly do not care about that. My real question is this: Will the other three be allowed to board without the fourth person? Penalties? Other things I should be aware of? Thanks!

It couldn't hurt to call Crown and Anchor and even escalate it because Royal has been known to do the right thing under tragic circumstances........

Archived