I need some ideas on what to tuck in.

dulcimergirl

Background: Three mature (read old) ladies cruising together in Jan. We have 2 cruises booked with 3 days in between. I've ordered cute, small, long strap canvas zippered top beach bags, with monograms. (beans) Now I need some ideas on what to add inside. So far, I have,

1. folding rain poncho's.

2. little flashlights.

3. Kleenex pouches.

These bags will be used to carry our Nook, book or Kindle to the pool, lounge, and possibly ashore. Now what else can I add cheap?

One of the ladies is my BFF and the other I've never met. We will be having fun...

Thanks for the helpful ideas.

I second the lip balm and sunscreen...maybe one for noses or faces?

How about a couple of pouches of Crystal Light singles? to flavor up your water bottles?

also a little first aide kit nothing fancy just bandaides, individual wipes...that sort of think.

You are a fun friend and I know they will enjoy the special gift

What a nice thought for your friends! They'll love it.

Second the chapstick, kleenex and sanitizer! I also use eyedrops and saline nasal spray since the AC can be drying.

You might throw in a little bag of some snack like M&Ms or almonds since chocolate and nuts aren't handy onboard (although are in some forms of desserts).

Also in the cabin have found a battery-operated tealight handy for nightlight.

Background: Three mature (read old) ladies cruising together in Jan. We have 2 cruises booked with 3 days in between. I've ordered cute, small, long strap canvas zippered top beach bags, with monograms. (beans) Now I need some ideas on what to add inside. So far, I have,

1. folding rain poncho's.

2. little flashlights.

3. Kleenex pouches.

These bags will be used to carry our Nook, book or Kindle to the pool, lounge, and possibly ashore. Now what else can I add cheap?

One of the ladies is my BFF and the other I've never met. We will be having fun...

Thanks for the helpful ideas.

Some packages of almonds or cranberries or little snacks, some handiwipes, Little tubes of sunblock and sun protecting lip gloss. and a water bottle with lid and each a different color (fill in room and chill in fridge saves a ton of money -- does not have to be huge bottle and can carry through TSA airport check if empty. )

You can get these little fold flat square containers (easy to pack) at the Dollar store. That way each of you would have your own container to put your cosmetics in, I assume you are sharing a cabin. A small packable sunhat ? just have fun go shopping. Enjoy the cruise.

Cori

Boca Clips!!! Towels always blow around on a cruise or at the beach and these clip on and hold the towel to the chair. They also work to clip your bathing suit to the shower rod while it dries or to keep your curtains closed tight if you want to sleep late! We have purchased from Amazon, but you can sometimes find them at Bed, Bath and Beyond. :) They also have their own website. http://www.bocaclips.com

36000-3.jpg

The website has a package of 3 on sale for $18 which is a pretty good price, but you have to pay shipping. If you find them at BBB, with a $5 off coupon, that would be your best bet!

Have fun!!!:D

What terrific ideas you all have!

ok,

I will add

sunscreen/lip stuff (chapstik probably)

hand sanitizer

will bring some glowsticks but I have no idea why.. lol

hilighter

waterbottle with flavors.. I like this idea alot.

large hankerchief (another excellent idea)

Boca clips probably not, we will sit and read and people watch, but no sunning so won't need to secure our beach towels.

I also thought about adding

a disposable camera (for those, Dang where's the camera when I need it moments)

Thanks I will keep thinking and adding stuff.

I will get some cheap sunglasses and "bling'em"

Get some cheap visors at Michaels and bling them.

Oh boy, thats exactly what I will do. Its great that when your way old you can bling up all you want and the most you get is people rolling their eyes at the strange old ladies.. LOL I also ordered monogramed Tervis tumblers. That will work with our Bon Voyage Scotch..lol I am so stoked, its a good thing I have a B2B next month with the hubby, or I would go crazy waiting for these two cruises with my Ladyfriends.

Different colored big drawstring bags for each person's dirty clothing would be useful if you can find them

Gum or mints for when you fall asleep on deck and wake up with bad breath

Shower caps

Single serving soft drink powder sticks like Crystal Light on the Go

Thanks for this thread!

I have decided to make some "tropical" stockings for the girls who are cruising together...all family...and put a few goodies in them too!

Since we are cruising the week before Christmas I thought it would be a festive thing for fun!

Gotta find some "tropical" fabric to make them from and maybe some crazy fake fur for the cuffs! LOL:cool:

Oh boy, thats exactly what I will do. Its great that when your way old you can bling up all you want and the most you get is people rolling their eyes at the strange old ladies.. LOL I also ordered monogramed Tervis tumblers. That will work with our Bon Voyage Scotch..lol I am so stoked, its a good thing I have a B2B next month with the hubby, or I would go crazy waiting for these two cruises with my Ladyfriends.

Wow...I really want to be your friend!! You sound like a lot of fun! Have fun on your cruises!

Just got the 24oz Tervis glasses and had our names put on with cute sayings.

1. Sonja, staying out of the sun, emblem is 3 cabanas

2. Betty heading for the sun, emblem is 3 palm trees

3. Barbara Loving the sun, emblem is 3 sea shells.

Got both tops along with straws, so we can do coffee, or drink. They are wonderful!

I love that we can keep them forever to remind us of our fun cruise. hmm wonder if I need to get handles for these.

It's a good thing they aren't on CC. lol

I love to get carried away with things... LOL over the top? yep thats me.

Just got the 24oz Tervis glasses and had our names put on with cute sayings.

1. Sonja, staying out of the sun, emblem is 3 cabanas

2. Betty heading for the sun, emblem is 3 palm trees

3. Barbara Loving the sun, emblem is 3 sea shells.

Got both tops along with straws, so we can do coffee, or drink. They are wonderful!

I love that we can keep them forever to remind us of our fun cruise. hmm wonder if I need to get handles for these.

It's a good thing they aren't on CC. lol

I love to get carried away with things... LOL over the top? yep thats me.

You'll love these! Toss in some Propel or crystal light single serve packets and your set to go! I know you said you were going to use them for your scotch, but probably not all day! :eek:

BTW, You can get handles! I found these at Amazon: :)

41bSZGIdumL._AA160_.jpg

Archived