After you have a window cabin i will never go back..

texasnana

After many cruises inside we decided on our TA we would get a window. We were on Deck 2 towards the back. We loved looking at the stars at night and looking at the waves. I told my husband we will never go back to a windowless room. On our Alaska cruise we booked a hub balcony.

There is a slight edge of panic reading your post ..... we have never ever sailed in an inside cabin .. we've done everything from an Ocean View to an Owners Suite (we got a fantastic upgrade from a Balcony to a Gty Sky Suite and ended up with an Owners Suite for less than what the balcony cost us:D ) .. Anyways, with additions to our family and taking MIL with us we will be sailing in 2 connecting insides for the first time ever on our upcoming cruise. ... and I'm nervous about it tbh. ... I am pretty claustrophobic and thats why we never sailed an inside before but this time it was 2 insides or nothing ... so tell me I will survive? Pretty please:o

After many cruises inside we decided on our TA we would get a window. We were on Deck 2 towards the back. We loved looking at the stars at night and looking at the waves. I told my husband we will never go back to a windowless room. On our Alaska cruise we booked a hub balcony.
Our first cruise was an inside, then we tried an outside. That lasted for two cruises, then we tried a balcony. That lasted for two cruises and then we tried a JS. That lasted for two cruises and then we tried a GS ...

I am pretty claustrophobic and thats why we never sailed an inside before but this time it was 2 insides or nothing ... so tell me I will survive? Pretty please:o

Hi, OnlyMe. I myself just recently cruised in an inside room for the first time after mainly having outside rooms, but a few balconies, also. I survived! The main difference I felt was waking up and having no reference of whether it was still dark out or if it was daylight (it could be 4AM, it could be 8AM). I started keeping my watch next to the bed so I could check the time. And the few mornings we had to be up early for an excursion, or disembarkment day, we set the wake-up call on the phone, because it's a lot easier to sleep late when you have no light coming in.

This also was the first time I got sick on a cruise and had to be confined to my room for 24 hours. It would have been nice to have a balcony that day, or at least a window! :(

There is a slight edge of panic reading your post ..... we have never ever sailed in an inside cabin .. we've done everything from an Ocean View to an Owners Suite (we got a fantastic upgrade from a Balcony to a Gty Sky Suite and ended up with an Owners Suite for less than what the balcony cost us:D ) .. Anyways, with additions to our family and taking MIL with us we will be sailing in 2 connecting insides for the first time ever on our upcoming cruise. ... and I'm nervous about it tbh. ... I am pretty claustrophobic and thats why we never sailed an inside before but this time it was 2 insides or nothing ... so tell me I will survive? Pretty please:o

You will survive. :) In February we will be taking our 5th cruise. All inside. We are that couple who when they wake up, pretty much gets up and goes. To watch the waves, we enjoy sitting out on deck. And we really enjoy those top decks at night watching the stars. We would spend no time at all on a balcony and can use the extra money in our shipboard activities. Have a wonderful cruise.

You will survive. Like you, we have stayed in a variety of cabins, and move between cabin types pretty easily. You be glad you got two connecting cabins for the extra baths and extra privacy. it appears yours is a E. med cruise, so probably very port intensive...If you are like us, you will be be very busy with excursions and exploring during the day. When you return at the end of your day in port, perhaps a snack, clean up, drink, dinner, show, collapse in bed. The next morning, clean up, have breakfast and off to the next port. That leaves little time in cabin except showering changing and sleeping...if there is a perfect cruise for inside cabins, there it is.

Of course, keep an eye out for price drops, maybe you will be able to upgrade for a song (easier if nearby cabins are acceptable as well as connecting ones).

Sure you will...I actually really like them and it's an inside or balcony only for us. A window that doesn't open and is likely covered in salt spray is of no value. Quick tip: leave your tv on tuned to the bridge cam even overnight. It will simulate a window and you'll always have a feel for what time of day it is.

Apologies for derailing your thread a bit OP:o:o

Thank you all for your reassurances .. we most likely would use a balcony as we will have an 11mo with us who will want a nap on sea days but we really really really want connecting rooms above a balcony and 2 balconies would be way way over our budget. The total price of the inside cabins is on the limit of our budget really so even stretching another $700 -$800 for the OVs is pushing it a bit ... but I am still a bit worried tbh. I'm watching for price drops but no sign yet anyways. ..

Just saw more replies .. am so sorry for the derail again OP.

I remember reading about leaving the TV on before but had forgotten about it - thats a fantastic idea .. will have some inclination for time of day then and may not feel so enclosed that way....

Having started that way, not all of us can afford a GS, JS, or Balcony all the time so my choice of room varies with length of cruise and ship. Up to a week on a I really do not care, but prefer the outside cabin on any other deck than 2. Longer cruise a week to two weeks, outside only, on over a 2 week cruises nothing but a balcony cabin will do if any are left and maybe other choices are available and I really want to do that particular cruise.

I always let pricing some what dictate my cabin selection.

And now you will never go back:eek:,,Enjoy,,,,,

You will survive. :) In February we will be taking our 5th cruise. All inside. We are that couple who when they wake up, pretty much gets up and goes. To watch the waves, we enjoy sitting out on deck. And we really enjoy those top decks at night watching the stars. We would spend no time at all on a balcony and can use the extra money in our shipboard activities. Have a wonderful cruise.

That makes two of us. We sleep; we bathe; we get up and cruise.:). We wouldn't spend our cruising money any other way. Never any regrets.

Happy sails.

Kathy

Out of 8 cruises, 6 were inside, one outside, one last year hump balcony. Yes I can go back to inside. In fact we booked an inside for our upcoming Mariner cruise in Jan but "upgraded" to a PR cabin. We too like to get up and get out. We usually come back to our cabin approx. 1am and are too tired to sit out and stargaze. We aren't breakfast in our robes on the balcony folks either. Did I mention we don't drink much? We sound like lots of fun, right? :rolleyes::p

There is a slight edge of panic reading your post ..... we have never ever sailed in an inside cabin .. ... I am pretty claustrophobic and thats why we never sailed an inside before but this time it was 2 insides or nothing ... so tell me I will survive? Pretty please:o

Don't know if it is similar or not, but I have vertigo and have done all but the suites. If I had to choose between not cruising and cruising inside I would choose inside in less than one heartbeat.

Clay

I've always sailed insides - LOVE the caves!! Was terrified after getting a great deal on an aft Junior Suite last winter that i'd never be able to go back to an inside... didn't miss it at all on my April cruise!

Luckily since the balcony prices on my next cruise are almost 3x the price of the insides...

By going inside on the Hawaii cruise I might just be able to squeeze something else in during the cold cold winter ;)

We started in an Ocean view and went balcony and watched the water, moon and stars. Now we have gone all the way up to Grand suite so I know we will never drop back to to anything less then a suite.:rolleyes:

Hello

We had an inside cabin, which we were more than happy with, on our first cruise. Nice and dark, but the wife wanted the bathroom light on, with door shut, just in case she needed to get up. We did not find it at all claustrophobic.

On disembarkation we noticed an empty balcony cabin, so we had a nose around and to cut a long story short next trip we had a balcony :D

We have booked balconies on our future trips, but nothing wrong with inside cabins.

Paul

Archived