Specific Alcohol Prices?

JEDMELK

Hello and Happy Thanksgiving to All!

First, I will apologize in advance but I have done a search and can not find a specific answer so, I have decided to start this thread.

My question is: Does anybody have a current dink/bar menu or know current prices? I am most interested in Jack Daniels, Makers Mark and Grey Goose costs.

Thinking about changing my beverage package but not sure if I should go classic or premium. Since I only drink one of a few different things, thought I would ask.

We're leaving in just over 2 weeks on the Equinox and thought I might take advantage of the current sale.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Jed

Or, perhaps check out the Celebrity site (http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages#onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab/onboard/asrPanel.do%3Fpagename=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic&ComponentTypeId=30&categoryId=&currencyCode=USD)

directly - if you click on the "pay one price" link for both the classic and premium package, it lists the different brands for each package. It is not quite a complete list, but it does show most brands for each package. Grey Goose is a "Premium" brand and Jack Daniel's is a "Classic" brand. As for Makers Mark, couldn't tell you.

There are some nice vodkas on the classic list.

Good luck.

Thanks to all -- unfortunately, the exact pricing for Grey Goose is not listed in any of the posts however, as Reedprincess suggests, one can get a view of most of the labels included in each package on the Celebrity website.

Bottom line is that it helped make my decision to take advantage of the premium package. Now, all I need to do is stay focused on the prize (11 days on Equinox) to get me through the next 2 weeks at work!

Thanks again cruisestich, flipper133 and reedprincess.

Jed

Hi Flipper, yes great list on that link, leave us some of the 'cheap plonk' on Solstice will you? LOL.

Hi Les

Been really tossing up about the "packages".

Classic at $44 per day and an extra $10 per day for the premium.

We are both wine drinkers(although a midday beer on a warm sea day is not unheard of) and its a bit frightening to think of what the upfront committment would be. I expect that the "house" whites and reds would be quite acceptable but Shirley prefers the Bubbles, and it looks like they are all a bit exxy.

Our cruise has quite a few sea days so I might go for a classic pac for me and a premium pac for Shirley... that way there will plenty of the house stuff left over for the next mob on board. :D

cheers

Last year on our AUS/NZ cruise on the Century management took a lot of complaints from the passengers about the selection of spirits available. The Australian Cruise Director copped a lot of flack about the absence of Bundaberg Rum and Wild Turkey on board. He spent fourteen days apologising to passengers for omission as, in every of of the Aussie's opinion, he should have known better.

While I have no expectation that Celebrity management listened to the complaints it will be interesting to see whether the complaints this year from a larger group of passengers will be at noticeable.

Hi Les

We are both wine drinkers(although a midday beer on a warm sea day is not unheard of) and its a bit frightening to think of what the upfront committment would be. I expect that the "house" whites and reds would be quite acceptable but Shirley prefers the Bubbles, and it looks like they are all a bit exxy.

Our cruise has quite a few sea days so I might go for a classic pac for me and a premium pac for Shirley... that way there will plenty of the house stuff left over for the next mob on board. :D

cheers

The premium package allows one to linger in the Martini bar without having to pay extra. :D I had a standard bev package last year and my Martinis cost me $2.00 each. (it was pretty hard to bear). :rolleyes:

The premium package allows one to linger in the Martini bar without having to pay extra. :D I had a standard bev package last year and my Martinis cost me $2.00 each. (it was pretty hard to bear). :rolleyes:

Hi Jacinta

Not sure if I follow your comment. Was your package the "Classic" ? Are you saying that your Martinis were $10 and you then only pay the difference? Thats not how I understand how it works...Diff payment only available with Premium Pac.

Anyway it will be nice to be able to experiment if, as it is with us, you do not usually drink Martinis.

Really looking forward to Solstice as "destination"- bet you are too :D

cheers

Was your package the "Classic" ? Are you saying that your Martinis were $10 and you then only pay the difference? Thats not how I understand how it works...

cheers

Last year Robert and I had a Classic Package each and yes I only needed to pay the difference for my Martinis which was the $2.00.

I didn't try any drinks that were more expensive than what the Classic package allows for in any of the other bars as I discovered my favourite cocktail was a cheapie and our sommelier in the main dining room seemed to be able to make recommendations that fitted our package. Perhaps it was just a Martini Bar thing.

Doesn't matter as we have upgraded to a Premium package this year - I got tired of signing off on the $2 chits in the Martini Bar. ;)

Yes, I am looking forward to seeing how the Solstice stacks up against the Century as a destination in itself.

Hello and Happy Thanksgiving to All!

First, I will apologize in advance but I have done a search and can not find a specific answer so, I have decided to start this thread.

My question is: Does anybody have a current dink/bar menu or know current prices? I am most interested in Jack Daniels, Makers Mark and Grey Goose costs.

Thinking about changing my beverage package but not sure if I should go classic or premium. Since I only drink one of a few different things, thought I would ask.

We're leaving in just over 2 weeks on the Equinox and thought I might take advantage of the current sale.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Jed

We don'ttake drink packages. We just buy as we go and that works out well for us. We like a martinin or two before dinner maybe a glass of wine with dinner and usually and a night cap. Not to sound pretentious but we drink top shelf and for the two of us on a 15 day cruise our alcohol tab runs around $1600.00 with tips. We have looked at packages and didn't think we would save much, if anything. Enjoy our cruise:)

Hi Les

cheers

Hi again Flipper, we will not be buying the drink packages/wine packages. We generally have one drink before dinner in a bar, then a bottle of the cheaper wine in the MDR, does us. We would not get the value out of a package. I drink less on a ship then I do at home, LOL.

Strange that, maybe it has to do with the prices!

Thanks to all -- unfortunately, the exact pricing for Grey Goose is not listed in any of the posts however, as Reedprincess suggests, one can get a view of most of the labels included in each package on the Celebrity website.

Bottom line is that it helped make my decision to take advantage of the premium package. Now, all I need to do is stay focused on the prize (11 days on Equinox) to get me through the next 2 weeks at work!

Thanks again cruisestich, flipper133 and reedprincess.

Jed

Since your getting the Premium Package pass up the Grey Goose and try Stoli Elit

Archived