Best photo hosting site?

bucks724

I have been a CC member for a few years, but have recently become obsessed with reading reviews. I see that you can't post pictures directly and that you have to use a hosting site for pics. Which one does everyone suggest? We'll be on Breeze in January and I'd like to do a picture review this time around. Suggestions? TIA

I use Photobucket. It is free up to a certain bandwidth (basically image size times the number of views). After I post a photo review, I have to upgrade to "Pro" for one month at a cost of $3.00 paid through Paypal. I only need to pay for one month, as the views go down shortly after the initial posting.

Thanks, all. Forgive my questions again but when I post a link to a pic and it posts in my post as an image, does each view of my review count as a view on Photobucket? I have been using the Internet forever but have always been able to just directly upload things so I've never dealt with this! Thanks.

Thanks, all. Forgive my questions again but when I post a link to a pic and it posts in my post as an image, does each view of my review count as a view on Photobucket? I have been using the Internet forever but have always been able to just directly upload things so I've never dealt with this! Thanks.

Yes, unless the same person views and they have cached the image. Each view uses bandwidth. Better to shrink the photos to something like 800px wide before uploading.

I'm going to give Dropbox http://db.tt/kETORoYK a try with a public folder.

e.g. https://www.dropbox.com/s/881ca4d6c0q9pkw/destiny.jpg

Edited by mcwebber

I used Facebook for my last review and thought it was pretty easy.

How were you able to get the photos from Facebook into your review? That would be ideal for me since I will be putting all my photos on Facebook anyway! :)

How were you able to get the photos from Facebook into your review? That would be ideal for me since I will be putting all my photos on Facebook anyway! :)

I just went into my album, right clicked and copied the picture, then pasted it into the review.

It was really easy! Plus like you I already had my photos on FB so I didn't have to bother with a third site like Photobucket like I did on a previous review.

Jenn :)

I just went into my album, right clicked and copied the picture, then pasted it into the review.

It was really easy! Plus like you I already had my photos on FB so I didn't have to bother with a third site like Photobucket like I did on a previous review.

Thanks for the quick reply! Let's test this out with a photo from my last cruise (taken in Tobago!)

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/155224_10100138549183129_4630426_n.jpg

There must be some trick to this because I've tried it several times by right clicking on my fb picture but it doesn't give me the option to "paste" or even control V to get it into my cc post. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to do a hyperlink or something?

There must be some trick to this because I've tried it several times by right clicking on my fb picture but it doesn't give me the option to "paste" or even control V to get it into my cc post. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to do a hyperlink or something?

I'm not sure how she got it to work, but what I did was I right clicked on my photo in FB and clicked to copy the URL. Then I clicked on the yellow square with a picture of a mountain above the cruise critic post, and pasted the photo's URL in there to insert the image. When I just pasted the URL directly into the post and hit submit, it didn't work and it just showed the URL code instead of the actual photo.

I have been a CC member for a few years, but have recently become obsessed with reading reviews. I see that you can't post pictures directly and that you have to use a hosting site for pics. Which one does everyone suggest? We'll be on Breeze in January and I'd like to do a picture review this time around. Suggestions? TIA

Picasa Web Albums - it's a Google product and for me Picasa makes it super simple to share photos here on CC. I also use the desktop version of Picasa for editing and easy automatic photo uploading to my albums.

• 1 year later...
I'm not sure how she got it to work, but what I did was I right clicked on my photo in FB and clicked to copy the URL. Then I clicked on the yellow square with a picture of a mountain above the cruise critic post, and pasted the photo's URL in there to insert the image. When I just pasted the URL directly into the post and hit submit, it didn't work and it just showed the URL code instead of the actual photo.

I think the trick is to open the picture in Facebook, don't just right-click on the version which is in a photo album.

I opened this picture, right-clicked on it (choose "copy"), then pasted it right into this post.

76541_10151292218785809_1922992534_n.jpg

The only things is that you don't seem to have control over the size. I use Flickr, and then have at least control over picking a small, medium, or large version of the picture.

I like zenfolio, but it is definitely geared more toward professional photographers, so I have no idea what all the features are.

The $30/year plan is worth it, especially when you get the next package up on black friday for that price :)