Marina after dry-dock!

LuAnn

We are on board now for the Rome to Rio cruise. Shower changes as expected...much better lay-out!! And, of course, the addition of the shower equipment in the tub.

Unexpected change: The Grand Bar!!! Carpet gone, replaced with marble and all new upholstery...in a black and beige motif...I'm told it is the same now as on the Marina.

Ship looks brand new...not that it didn't just this past March when we did the spring T/A!!...entire hull painted, all the railings refinished...OH...and the bottom of the grand staircase in the atrium has been re-worked so no more black and yellow tape on the step!!! :)

We have a PH on the Marina for the first time...and it will be hard to ever look back to a balcony cabin...we are just LOVING it!!! So much space and the butler is so attentive...and so is the concierge in the Executive Lounge!...just felling spoiled rotton!!! :p:D

Let me know if you have any questions regarding any other changes. Not paying for internet on the ship but can check in when we reach the Canary Islands! LuAnn

LuAnn,

So glad you're having a PH experience!

How easy (or difficult) was the experience of setting up the Meet and Greet? Did the crew help? I hope so...you all had a very large CC group.

Have a wonderful rest of the cruise! :)

LuAnn,

Enjoy your cruise and the PH - they are great.

We'll be back on the Marina from Valpa to PPT - can't wait!

Is the trivia still in the theater :eek:?

Paul

With loads of teams!!! over 20!!! But we have won 3 times so far...not because of us but our really smart friends we are travelling with...David's questions are still hard...but not as hard as the previous times have been when we have been on board with him!...and that's GOOD news!!! Enjoy your trip....should just be awesome!!! LuAnn

Have they put in a thalaso pool in the spa area like Riviera and done away with the jaccusi?

but something is going on back there!! We have friends in 12006 and there has been super construction going on "on the spa"...all the people in that area have complained to mgmt....I guess whatever they are doing didn't get done in dry dock!! Once "it's done" and we can get back there I'll let you know...that would be SUPER if it was the case!! LuAnn

LuAnn,

So glad you're having a PH experience!

How easy (or difficult) was the experience of setting up the Meet and Greet? Did the crew help? I hope so...you all had a very large CC group.

Have a wonderful rest of the cruise! :)

Another CC member took the reigns on this one...but she worked with David, the CD...at first he said they would NOT provide an area in Horizons for us (we had over 120 on the R/C) but then said ok and they roped off the port side for us and did put up a sign that said "Private Function". David did show up as well as the GM.

I have set up a CC Luncheon last year and this year with full co-operation from the staff....this year NO....I was told they could not reserve any tables for a special group...I asked if this was a change in policy and was told that no....they had just made an expection for me in the past!!!

SO....we are just going to pick a sea day and show up...:p..I don't understand why this seems to be a problem for them...the MDR is usually pretty empty....even on sea days...and we only want to be able to sit at tables together in the same area...nothing else special!!! Not a happy camper on this one!!! :( OH...and they also said they really didn't want us doing a Cabin Crawl...

Over all....I would say O continues to not be very welcoming of CC members....and we make up 10% of the passengers on this cruise...with MANY members having sailed numerous times with O. I really think they should take look at Azamara's play-book on this...as well as Celebrity!! LuAnn

Another CC member took the reigns on this one...but she worked with David, the CD...at first he said they would NOT provide an area in Horizons for us (we had over 120 on the R/C) but then said ok and they roped off the port side for us and did put up a sign that said "Private Function". David did show up as well as the GM.

I have set up a CC Luncheon last year and this year with full co-operation from the staff....this year NO....I was told they could not reserve any tables for a special group...I asked if this was a change in policy and was told that no....they had just made an expection for me in the past!!!

SO....we are just going to pick a sea day and show up...:p..I don't understand why this seems to be a problem for them...the MDR is usually pretty empty....even on sea days...and we only want to be able to sit at tables together in the same area...nothing else special!!! Not a happy camper on this one!!! :( OH...and they also said they really didn't want us doing a Cabin Crawl...

Over all....I would say O continues to not be very welcoming of CC members....and we make up 10% of the passengers on this cruise...with MANY members having sailed numerous times with O. I really think they should take look at Azamara's play-book on this...as well as Celebrity!! LuAnn

Thanks for the information, LuAnn. It helps to know for future plans. (The part about O discouraging Cabin Crawls is really mind-boggling!)

Glad you all are having a good time...you guys did a LOT of planning ahead.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise. :)

You know LuAnn, last summer on the Marina in the summer, they had all of starboard side roped off for a "Purdue" group, and yet we requested the same and they told us they did not do this for groups. We ended up having forward because some of the CC group showed up early and saved the area. I arrived with the badges only to find this out. We had over 80 as I recall.The CD (a female--no names mentioned) showed up for the Purdue group, also announced them and thanked them for traveling with O, but NEVER mentioned us nor did she come to meet any of our group.

We are on a transatlantic on another line in a few days, and we have 223, and we have a special area with the staff looking forward to our arrival. Also on HAL a couple of years ago, it was such fun as they competed one ship against the other.

What is the mindset of the O management? We are trying to promote them, but they hold us back.

You know LuAnn, last summer on the Marina in the summer, they had all of starboard side roped off for a "Purdue" group, and yet we requested the same and they told us they did not do this for groups. We ended up having forward because some of the CC group showed up early and saved the area. I arrived with the badges only to find this out. We had over 80 as I recall.The CD (a female--no names mentioned) showed up for the Purdue group, also announced them and thanked them for traveling with O, but NEVER mentioned us nor did she come to meet any of our group.

We are on a transatlantic on another line in a few days, and we have 223, and we have a special area with the staff looking forward to our arrival. Also on HAL a couple of years ago, it was such fun as they competed one ship against the other.

What is the mindset of the O management? We are trying to promote them, but they hold us back.

Have a great time on your crossing!!! Looking forward to seeing you when you get back to Houston.

Anne and Bob

After making a comment on the "What can we do better" comment card about not being allowed to have a CC luncheon I was contacted by the restaurant manager and told "of course we would love for you to have a luncheon! We chose a date and not only was an officer at each table, including the GM, but red and white wine was offered as well!! So we all had a lovely time and I was so pleased that O and the GM really came through for us!! LuAnn

A cabin crawl is a bit like a progressive dinner. Roll call members volunteer to let group visit their cabin to see different categories. The group moves from one cabin to another. Often the person hosting the cabin will provide a snack or glass of wine

It's also possible to add a poker run. Everyone who wants to play throws $5 in the kitty. There would be cards in each of the 5 cabins on the cabin crawl. The players pick up one card per cabin and see who has the best hand at the end. That person wins the pot.

Hope that helps a bit!

Archived