costa supersizing

AnonymousCruiser69

• 2 weeks later...
I heard today, while onboard mediterranea that costa is planning a 5000 passenger ship :eek:

This was from a highly placed source who shall remain unnamed.

Also heard that the "Super Costa" inaugural cerimony will be in South America!

these ships carry around 3600 pax. the 'super costa', at 5000 pax, will be considerably bigger.

News from the Costa blog: the name of the new ship is COSTA DIADEMA! More details (in italian): http://blog.costacrociere.it/post/Al-via-la-costruzione-di-Costa-Diadema!-Posata-oggi-a-Marghera-la-chiglia-della-nuova-Ammiraglia-Costa.aspx

News from the Costa blog: the name of the new ship is COSTA DIADEMA! More details (in italian): http://blog.costacrociere.it/post/Al-via-la-costruzione-di-Costa-Diadema!-Posata-oggi-a-Marghera-la-chiglia-della-nuova-Ammiraglia-Costa.aspx

thanks for the link. i did not care for the way costa handled 2600 pax on mediterranea, so i expect 5000 to be an even bigger fiasco. highly unlikely i'll sail on this huge thing.

Carnival have got to get their money back from the Concordia insurance claims etc ,I believe they underwrot e the ships insurance in house. So they are building 3 biggies,I wonder what the deal is they have with Finncantari?, is the Italian government underwriting the costs to Finncantari.NCL went to Finland for a new ship but the government would not underwrite the shipyard.

Carnival have got to get their money back from the Concordia insurance claims etc ,I believe they underwrot e the ships insurance in house. So they are building 3 biggies,I wonder what the deal is they have with Finncantari?, is the Italian government underwriting the costs to Finncantari.NCL went to Finland for a new ship but the government would not underwrite the shipyard.

why would norway underwrite jobs in finland? that is so stupid that only the US government would do that.

• 3 months later...

I think what he means is RCCL (royal caribbean cruise line) and NOT NCL, which is a different cruise line!!!

And indeed, the Finnish government refused to financially back up the ship wharf that built both the Oasis ships in the past.

The new ship will be build in France. One would think that after having built two ships, there would be a treasure of experience to build a third ship . But that's not the way decisions are made at the top levels of a company.

Jan

Archived