Sick passengers not allowed ashore...

You are right Aussieflyer,antibiotics don't work on viral infections.

I just want to say people,don't sanitize yourself too much! Using all this antibacterial kitchen sprays and wipes and antibacterial soap in our homes is doing us more harm than good in the long run as it causes us to lose our natural defence against germs.It is all marketing.

I am going to get myself the hand sanitizer for my upcoming cruises and land holidays though.

Regards Elaine.

I assume you are not a health professional to dismiss norovirus so easily. Norovirus can be fatal especially in the elderly. Although it is usually self limiting it is a lot worse than "symptoms are not nice..." Those people on land with norovirus are not in a confined space with >3,000 other people to potentially spread it to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norovirus

That is still no reason to go into "panic mode" regarding Norovirus. Embracing some quite reasonable and simple precautions is all we can really do about it. Although it can be lethal - so can driving in a car! :)

Barry

That is still no reason to go into "panic mode" regarding Norovirus. Embracing some quite reasonable and simple precautions is all we can really do about it. Although it can be lethal - so can driving in a car! :)

Barry

You are correct that we should embrace precautions to prevent the spread of norovirus. Your analogy of driving in a car being potentially fatal is not the same as people minimising the risks of norovirus. After all we have lots of precautions in place to prevent fatalities in cars. Speed limits, seatbelts, airbags and enhanced car design - we don't call that "panic mode" do we?

There are universal precautions in place to prevent the spread of infectious diseases of which norovirus is one. These include quarantining and handwashing. I have a problem with people who have no qualifications dismissing these precautions as unnecessary.

Archived