Excursions and Waitlisted.

swabs

Greetings All, another question from the UK.

Please can someone explain how a cruise line which includes excursions in the price, and a cruise which currently has all category of suites available (apart from H which is guarantee) has at least two of the excursions on offer Wait Listed?

I appreciate it is only 12 weeks until the sailing however back in the spring we booked only 8 weeks prior to our sailing and we had no poblem booking excursions.

Having looked through previous threads am I right in thinking we should be able to eventually go on the excursions requested?

All views and comments gratefully received.

Additionally, some of the destination attractions have their own capacity controls, as we learned when we waitlisted for an excursion to the Alhambra and did not clear. I also attempted to set up private excursions with independent tour operators I found on the Internet, all to no avail, as the Alhambra was "sold out" on that date.

Hi Swabs, The answer to your last question is no. We have been waiting for 4 mos. to move off a wait list in Aus- we are concierge level and tried to sign up the day the excursions were available. We missed by 3 hrs. The phrase capacity controlled does mean something and, therefore, it doesn't always work out. BTW we're not devastated-we got everything else we wanted.

You may still clear the waitlist. I have cleared right as the excursion was leaving before, as people simply didn't show up. (Yes, they were rude. If you don't plan to take the excursion, you should turn in your tickets so others can use them.)

We were waitlisted for all excursions except Perth on our forthcoming Christmas cruise on Voyager. The ports of call are very small with a very limited choice of excursions in the first place so I guess it was inevitable but we've paid for these "free" excursions so who gets the $$$

We were waitlisted for all excursions except Perth on our forthcoming Christmas cruise on Voyager. The ports of call are very small with a very limited choice of excursions in the first place so I guess it was inevitable but we've paid for these "free" excursions so who gets the $$$

Assuming this is not rhetorical.

Regent gets the $.

Aloha to all, we did a seven night Agean cruise on Voyager in October, and while we booked very early (Concierge upsell) and got all of our first choices, we met many couples who were waitlisted, and I would say that the majority of these passengers did get the excursion that they wanted. One or two Regent Choice excursions were cancelled due to low enrollment, so they may have added a few more sections of the included excursions to handle this.

Archived