**** Time vs. Port Time

SAC69

I'm on the CB later this month and I'm trying to set up a snorkeling excursion in Aruba that leaves at 9:00AM. We are scheduled to arrive at 8:00AM but I assume that is 8:00AM ship time (FLL) so it would be one hour earlier then Aruba. In other words I would miss the tour. This seems to be the case on any excursion I look into not sponsored by Princess. Wouldn't you think the tour operators would adjust for cruise ships in port, the majority of which are from a different time zone? Am I incorrect?

I'm on the CB later this month and I'm trying to set up a snorkeling excursion in Aruba that leaves at 9:00AM. We are scheduled to arrive at 8:00AM but I assume that is 8:00AM ship time (FLL) so it would be one hour earlier then Aruba. In other words I would miss the tour. This seems to be the case on any excursion I look into not sponsored by Princess. Wouldn't you think the tour operators would adjust for cruise ships in port, the majority of which are from a different time zone? Am I incorrect?

I suggest you speak with the tour operators. They should know what time the ships arrive one way or the other. Bedsides, it makes no sense for a company setting up excursions from cruise ship passengers to schedule excursions that leave before the passengers get off.

All you have to do is ask them....

CB adusted the ship time to local time a full day before our stop in Curacao on the 11/10 sailing.

geesherry...How was your experience on the CB? We are booked on the January 19th sailing in cabin E731, the last starboard cabin with the large balcony. We have never sailed Princess...typically prefer Celebrity and also good experience on HAL. Concerned about the larger number of passengers.

just off CB last week, we adjusted time ahead one hour on sunday night and back one hour thursday night to match curacao and aruba time. the excursions were matched to us. so no worries. we enjoyed the cruise and had aft cabin baja 752. everything was good and fun.

geesherry...How was your experience on the CB? We are booked on the January 19th sailing in cabin E731, the last starboard cabin with the large balcony. We have never sailed Princess...typically prefer Celebrity and also good experience on HAL. Concerned about the larger number of passengers.

I havent sailed with Celebrity yet, so I can't give you a comparison. I loved "my" cruise, solo in a window suite, you cruise will be what you make of it.

If you tell us what you like, we can suggest similar things on Princess.

Anytime dining seems to be hit or miss, I did traditional and enjoyed it.

No problem getting seats at the shows, I went to the 7:00 show a few times.

Could always find a chair on deck when I wanted one, but that wasn't often.

The longest lines I encountered were for tenders from princess cays, and getting off at Curaçao, because we were late in arriving. I wouldn't plan an excursion too close to arrival time there.

Look for eastoftheboston s review. He scanned all the patters, so you can get an idea of what will be going on each day.

I'm sure you will enjoy Princess. I do.

Archived