Sovereign's New Look

Our very first cruise was on Sovereign OTS in 1994, and that was the beginning of my love affair with cruising. When we were in Barcelona last year, I saw the Sovereign in port and brought back all those memories of our very first cruise.

It's nice to see her looking so beautiful.

I remember cruising past her while leaving Miami on the Carnival Holiday, many years ago. The Sovereign looked huge compared to the Holiday! I always wanted to try RCI after seeing how beautiful the Sovereign looked, especially with the VCL. Of course, once I started cruising RCI, I never looked back...

Eric

Sovereign was my kids' first cruise in 2002 & was responsible for their addiction & many wonderful cruise vacations since then. She was also my mom's first many years before that when Sovereign was still doing 7 day cruises. So glad to see she is well & still cruising!

They are photos from Pullmantur. Photoshopped or not it shows off her new look.

Yea, I can see some ovbvious editing, but regardless, the new look is great. Looks a lot better than the red scheme they had.

Any pictures of interior changes?

While I love the look....

Is it me, or do the pictures look poorly photoshopped?

It is you!

If it is Photoshopped, it is a great job! I've spent 15 years using the application to make $$$$$ with.

Otherwise I like the look, especially the hull color- well, everything about it!

Never sailed on her, but she was a trend-setting ship when launched. Relatively speaking even today, neither old or small. A real classic!

Yea, I can see some ovbvious editing, but regardless, the new look is great. Looks a lot better than the red scheme they had.

Any pictures of interior changes?

Don't have any of her interior but I don't think she had a new interior updates during this dry dock. This video shot a couple of months ago shows that she kept a lot of the interiors from RCI.

Archived