places to have lunch upon boarding the Allure

the kids

Sailing on the Allure next week. Read many negatives regarding places to have lunch on boarding day.

Too crowded in Windjammer, no place to sit, etc.

Can anyone recommend a place to eat, free of charge, upon early boarding (11:30 ish) without to much of a hassle.

Thanks to all for responding

At 11:30am, the Windjammer was not crowded on boarding day. We had no problem negotiating the buffet stations or finding a seat (there are usually plenty of seats in the rear of the WJ). Because many people didn't leave and turn over the table when they finished eating (presumably because they were waiting for the cabins to become available), it did get very crowded around 12:30.

Park Cafe--Hands down. Try their roast beef sandwiches. Yummy:)

Try to eat at the Park Cafe everyday! It is the best lunch on the ship! Roast beef and salads, yummy! My mouth is watering. Was on for Thanksgiving and my dh and I ate there most days. Would run in to my mom, sisters, kids, uncle and aunt there. The BEST choice!

We were on The Oasis Oct 20 2012 and had no problem getting a table at 12:30 on departure day. We had my father in law(85 years old) with us and as far as he was concerned the only place to eat was the buffet for breakfast or lunch and MDR for dinner. It took most of the week to get him to try the park cafe or a Johhny Rocket breakfast. Even if Windjammer is busy if you go past the desserts there is more seating and lots of room. Usualy there are waiters that will take you to a table and bring your beverages.

Thanks for the assist, Molly 361, we are on deck 11 this time and that is pretty close to us. I have heard to concierge lounge is not open on embarkation and that is almost outside our door. So excited to be boarding next Sat. Deb

The concierge lounge will be open, but they will not be serving. You could still get a cup of coffee or tea while you wait for your stateroom to be ready.

We went to the Boardwalk Dog House and had our hot dogs with a soda at a little table near the Boardwalk bar area between Rita's Cantina and Johnny Rocket's. Not crowded at all and a great way to start our cruise!!! Went to the Park Cafe for lunch most other days though. Too crowded on boarding day.

Thanks, also good to know. I thought he would be out and about and I thought someone had posted they couldn't get in. It is right outside our room so convenient to wait there for sure. Deb

We usually book deck 11 for the same reason. When we were on Allure on 11/4, they had a gentleman in the Concierge Lounge making reservations for the speciality restaurants before the staterooms even opened. That was very convenient!

Thanks for the info. Is Johnny Rockets open for lunch on boarding day. Is it a pay lunch or no cost on boarding day.

Johnny Rockets is always a pay lunch, but I don't recall if it's open on boarding day.

Park Cafe--Hands down. Try their roast beef sandwiches. Yummy:)

Park Cafe fills up fast. If you are Platinum or Higher you should not have trouble finding a seat, but by the time the ship is open to everyone Park Cafe is usually crowded.

You can also check out the Dog House and Wipe Out Cafe, they were not that crowded last week on boarding day

Yes, park cafe for sure. The roast beef samich is excellent. There will probly be a long line, but it is worth it. I thought they were all hype before my Allure cruise. No hype at all. I think it is the bread that does it.

• 3 years later...
Sailing on the Allure next week. Read many negatives regarding places to have lunch on boarding day.

Too crowded in Windjammer, no place to sit, etc.

Can anyone recommend a place to eat, free of charge, upon early boarding (11:30 ish) without to much of a hassle.

Thanks to all for responding

This thread is old, but I will be sailing on the Allure this Sunday. I wonder what options are available for lunch on boarding day- both free and pay.

Thanks