Hotel Near Honolulu Airport

sayvan

Will be having a 12 hour layover in Honolulu and wondered about a reasonable hotel. Our flight will arrive in Honolulu around 6 pm and then we need to be back at the airport by 6 am for a flight to Sydney. Any information would be appreciated.

There is a hotel right at the entrance to the airport. Don't remember the name, but if you do an internet search for Hotels at Honolulu airport, it will probably pop up.

Edit- I did the search for you. The two closest are a Best Western and the Airport Honolulu Hotel. Both are within 2 miles of the terminals.

There is a hotel right at the entrance to the airport. Don't remember the name, but if you do an internet search for Hotels at Honolulu airport, it will probably pop up.

Edit- I did the search for you. The two closest are a Best Western and the Airport Honolulu Hotel. Both are within 2 miles of the terminals.

Thanks...

We were recently on Oahu and passed the Best Western "The Plaza" hotel en route to our rental car. It is right outside the airport. If you had more time I would say go to Waikiki but with such a short layover this might be a good option. If you want to eat before going to the hotel there are two good restaurants inside the terminal, Stinger Rays, and the Kona Brewing Company. I think that if you do not claim your luggage immediately it will be kept safely for you so no worries about not being able to get your luggage after dinner. The Kona Brewing Company is especially nice because it is open on one side to the nice gardens. Hope this helps. Cherie

The area around the airport is not the best. If you do plan on staying at one of the hotels near the airport, definitely plan for dinner someplace else and get yourself into the hotel for the night. I wouldn't wander around the area looking for food...

We were recently on Oahu and passed the Best Western "The Plaza" hotel en route to our rental car. It is right outside the airport. If you had more time I would say go to Waikiki but with such a short layover this might be a good option. If you want to eat before going to the hotel there are two good restaurants inside the terminal, Stinger Rays, and the Kona Brewing Company. I think that if you do not claim your luggage immediately it will be kept safely for you so no worries about not being able to get your luggage after dinner. The Kona Brewing Company is especially nice because it is open on one side to the nice gardens. Hope this helps. Cherie

Thanks... We will be returning to Hawaii after Australia and staying for a week or so and Waikiki will be the area we stay at. Was there 2 years ago and loved it...

Archived