Celebrity Snubbed

Jane2357

I'm in the U.S. and just got an e-mail from Celebrity that showed and detailed (under a UK ending):

Best New Ship

Celebrity Reflection The fifth and final ship in the game-changing Solstice class, it takes what for many was already a perfect design to a new level, with a brand new suite complete with outside shower, new spa accommodations, and a games area with interactive electronic board games. The only downside to this class of ship? There won’t be another one.

Best Dining

Celebrity Cruises On its Solstice-class ships, Opus is arguably the finest main dining room on any large cruise ship; Qsine is the most innovative dining concept on any cruise ship; Murano defines fine dining; Tuscan Grille is a superb Italian steakhouse; Silk Harvest offers wonderful Far East flavours; and the Lawn Club Grill -- on Reflection and Silhouette -- is the ultimate stylish outdoor BBQ venue at sea.

Checked the listing for the U.S. and nothing was shown for Celebrity. Don't know how they put it together these ratings, lists, etc. It's called an "Editor's Choice". Interesting!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 111,256 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Boogs - you crack me up :)

Yes, I too was perplexed at the discrepancy between US and UK "choices". However, this is just like reviews we read on CC - one person's opinion:confused: Won't take it too seriously (though I'm sure the cruiselines like to boast about these awards).

There's a tab "ÜS"and a tab "ÜK" at the top of the list

http://www.cruisecritic.com/editors-picks/uk/

I don't put much stock into those ratings..

Best for Cruising with Kids Thomson Cruises. Best Value for Money, Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines... ya right

I work for fred olsen, and i cruise both lines, celebrity, and olsen, and can confirm that olsen indeed is excellent value for money, drinks are £3 - £4, bottles of wine from £15 etc, bingo £2 for all the games, complimentary shuttle buses at most ports, £2 per person per day tip for cabin/waiter... I could go on, i still love to cruise celebrity for the big ship feel, but olsen is worthy of that award!!

Thank you, rant over!! :D

I work for fred olsen, and i cruise both lines, celebrity, and olsen, and can confirm that olsen indeed is excellent value for money, drinks are £3 - £4, bottles of wine from £15 etc, bingo £2 for all the games, complimentary shuttle buses at most ports, £2 per person per day tip for cabin/waiter... I could go on, i still love to cruise celebrity for the big ship feel, but olsen is worthy of that award!!

Thank you, rant over!! :D

LOL, you go girl!!!!:D

Archived