RCI's Project Sunshine to Bermuda?

modelman

Today's Royal Gazette mentioned that they needed to update their piers for larger ships, the Breakaway in 2013 and the new Project Sunshine in 2014. So it looks like S1 could be the ship for Bayonne, heading to Bermuda in the spring-early fall, and further south during the off seasons, in direct competition with Breakaway. Would be interesting to have two of the newest and nicest ships on the BDA run..

Today's Royal Gazette mentioned that they needed to update their piers for larger ships, the Breakaway in 2013 and the new Project Sunshine in 2014. So it looks like S1 could be the ship for Bayonne, heading to Bermuda in the spring-early fall, and further south during the off seasons, in direct competition with Breakaway. Would be interesting to have two of the newest and nicest ships on the BDA run..

Interesting indeed. The lines waiting to get on the ferry and the buses will be even longer if both ships are there at the same time. Those line will also be impacted even if only one is docked along with any other ship. It was bad enough with both the Explorer of the Seas and the Dawn docked.

I read that this morning on a NCL thread. I know on the RCI boards, that everyone has expected the first Project Sunshine to be based in NJ, but I had not heard of thoughts of the route. I guess I just assumed NE/Canada. Maybe others assumed Bermuda all along.

I'm torn as I have never been to Bermuda and was thinking of looking for 2013 or 2014 on Breakaway. Now, I might have to see what the new Sunshine Class features are...

Alas, such a terrible dilemma in life :)

I read that this morning on a NCL thread. I know on the RCI boards, that everyone has expected the first Project Sunshine to be based in NJ, but I had not heard of thoughts of the route. I guess I just assumed NE/Canada. Maybe others assumed Bermuda all along.

I'm torn as I have never been to Bermuda and was thinking of looking for 2013 or 2014 on Breakaway. Now, I might have to see what the new Sunshine Class features are...

Alas, such a terrible dilemma in life :)

There's little overlap between the NE/Canada cruise season and the Bermuda season. The NE/Canada season is only a few weeks long in the fall. The same ship can do the Bermuda itinerary in the spring/summer followed by NE/Canada in the fall and Bahamas/Caribbean in the winter.

Archived