Thanks Celebrity

Texed

Now I am wishing I hadn't posted. I definitely didn't want anyone to feel slighted. I was just thankful.

Please don't feel that way--you know we're all happy for you!! It was a really nice thing for you to go on the Reflection.

Now I am wishing I hadn't posted. I definitely didn't want anyone to feel slighted. I was just thankful.

Hi Ed,

Please dont feel that way. I couldnt be happier for you, and I'm glad you had a nice time on Reflection.

Hi Texed, please don't feel bad that you were chosen. It is unfortunate that Celebrity could not invite every person who "feels" that they are deserving but in reality life does not work that way. You are thankful and appreciate the invite which is the appropriate reaction which isn't surprising given your personality. I hope we get to cruise with you again and maybe we will be able to spend a bit more time together!!:D

Snow bunny

Please don't feel that way--you know we're all happy for you!! It was a really nice thing for you to go on the Reflection.
Hi Ed,

Please dont feel that way. I couldnt be happier for you, and I'm glad you had a nice time on Reflection.

I am glad y'all feel that way. I just don't want anyone feeling bad. :)

Hi Texed, please don't feel bad that you were chosen. It is unfortunate that Celebrity could not invite every person who "feels" that they are deserving but in reality life does not work that way. You are thankful and appreciate the invite which is the appropriate reaction which isn't surprising given your personality. I hope we get to cruise with you again and maybe we will be able to spend a bit more time together!!:D Snow bunny

Bunny,

Thanks for posting. We enjoyed meeting/sailing with y'all also. Hopefully, we can do it again. ;)

I think we all may feel a little jealous but I am not slighted in any way and am glad that someone is getting these invites. It gives me hope that one day I may be lucky enough to get one (I may also win the lottery).:D

I think we all may feel a little jealous but I am not slighted in any way and am glad that someone is getting these invites. It gives me hope that one day I may be lucky enough to get one (I may also win the lottery).:D

I know what you mean. I have watched others get invites for years. :D

Ed, Don't let anyone here make you feel bad for your good fortune. It is like winning the lottery, some people are luckier than others. Glad you had a wonderful time on this short free cruise. We have sailed on Celebrity since 2001 and go a few times a year. This year after all these years we were invited to eat at the Captains table twice. Once on Summit and also just recently on Eclipse. I can't explain why I was chosen but I sure enjoyed it. Now it may be years before this comes again. We all have to enjoy what life throws at us. By the way I can't look at a waffle without thinking of you.:D

Pat

Ed, Don't let anyone here make you feel bad for your good fortune. It is like winning the lottery, some people are luckier than others. Glad you had a wonderful time on this short free cruise. We have sailed on Celebrity since 2001 and go a few times a year. This year after all these years we were invited to eat at the Captains table twice. Once on Summit and also just recently on Eclipse. I can't explain why I was chosen but I sure enjoyed it. Now it may be years before this comes again. We all have to enjoy what life throws at us. By the way I can't look at a waffle without thinking of you.:D

Pat

Totally agree with all your statements, even about the waffle machines, I have not cruised with Texed as yet.:D

My wife and I were fortunate enough to be invited to a two night cruise on the new, beautiful Reflection. I just wanted to pass along that I thought Celebrity cruises and the Captain's Club were very generous to offer this free cruise to quite a few folks. And, we appreciate being invited. :)

What a wonderful treat! I can't imagine something like that happening to me! From what I've seen of your posts, it couldn't have happened to a nicer person.:)

Hi Tommy,

I couldn't be happier that TexEd was invited. I've met Ed. No Waffling about it - he's a super guy !. However, I'm appalled to learn that you were not invited. I've also heard from others who have large cruise counts with Celebrity, and were also bypassed. No doubt, this is leaving many of their loyal Guests displeased. While I'd also love to know what critieria was used for the Captains Club invite list... what wasn't used was common sense, or consideration for those who have remained loyal to their brand, and no doubt - have spent plenty with Celebrity.

We also have a large amount of Celebrity sailings, and were also snubbed. To make matters worse, I heard the 2nd 2 nighter (the 12/3 sailing) was nowhere near full. I suspect that many of the invitees never bothered to show up, or Celebrity opted to sail at less than capacity. Either way, this only disappoints me further, as there are many Celebrity Guests who have a huge passion for the brand - who could have been invited, yet Celebrity could care less about any of this.

It deeply saddens me to say this, but I firmly believe that loyalty means little to nothing with Celebrity, and there's something seriously wrong with this mindset. IMO, it's beyond foolish for Celebrity to create such unhappiness over a 2 night sailing, but that's their decision. We have no choice but to accept a rapidly changing Celebrity - or to move our passion and cruise dollars elsewhere.

Tough decision, as we've loved Celebrity so much over the years... though currently not feeling the love. I can only hope things change for the better.

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply. I was on the Solstice "Reunion" cruise last month with the head of the Captains Club. She said there were 35 who had over 100 credits. Not sure if that was people or couples. Anyway even if they only used the balcony and above cabins I am sure the ship could accomodate 2000 passengers. Even if ALL of the 100+ cruisers were invited and came that would be 70 out of 4000 (between the 2 sailings) slots. I cannot imagine how they would think that was TOO MANY !!!

I have sailed over 20 weeks this year alone and spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on Celebrity. I am glad that the top cruiser was able to be on both free sailings, but I know that was not Celebrity's first offer.

In the UK the top 5 couples (all with under 100 credits) were sent with free airfare on the pre revenue cruises in Amsterdam.

It will be VERY INTERESTING to see what the changes to the Captains Club program are in 2013 !!!

Ed, Don't let anyone here make you feel bad for your good fortune. It is like winning the lottery, some people are luckier than others.I can't look at a waffle without thinking of you.:D

Pat

Thanks for posting Pat. We did feel lucky. I guess being remembered for waffles is better than being remembered for something bad. :D

My wife and I were fortunate enough to be invited to a two night cruise on the new, beautiful Reflection. I just wanted to pass along that I thought Celebrity cruises and the Captain's Club were very generous to offer this free cruise to quite a few folks. And, we appreciate being invited. :)

It was nice to meet you at the reception held in honour of Captain's Club invitees.

It was a shock however to see that there were only four invited couples and one single cruiser in attendance at our reception in Michael's.

With so much free space (100's of vacant cabins) I was surprised to hear that there were only 15 invited "cruisers" on board. The other people I met were company insiders, support staff, press, corporate partners, travel agents their friends and children.

Over the years few have done more than Host Andy to support the Celebrity cruising community both on line and by cruising on Celebrity ships. Celebrity did itself a disservice by ignoring the Cruise Critic community and it's most supportive host. I think that Celebrity could have and should have done more to thank the company's most avid and frequent cruisers who would have loved the recognition of their continued loyalty.

The concept was great, the experience wonderful, but the absence of many deserving this recognition indicates that Celebrity did not feel the need to reciprocate "the love" so many of us offer through our repeated sailings every year.

What a wonderful treat! I can't imagine something like that happening to me! From what I've seen of your posts, it couldn't have happened to a nicer person.:)

Hey, who knows? It can happen. And your post was very nice. Thank you. :)

I am glad y'all feel that way. I just don't want anyone feeling bad. :)

I highly doubt that anyone feels bad that you both were invited. It's wonderful that Celebrity extended the invitation, and that you had a wonderful time. It's well deserved.

Karyn

Over the years few have done more than Host Andy to support the Celebrity cruising community both on line and by cruising on Celebrity ships. Celebrity did itself a disservice by ignoring the Cruise Critic community and it's most supportive host. I think that Celebrity could have and should have done more to thank the company's most avid and frequent cruisers who would have loved the recognition of their continued loyalty.

I agree. Host Andy has helped hundreds of people get the proper information about Celebrity cruises. This is in direct contrast to the unfriendly Celebrity website (and people got paid for that). A little recognition for Host Andy by Celebrity would make a lot of Cruise Critic members pleased with Celebrity.

What a classy post. Thanks Mike. :)[/quote

Hey Texed, my name is Chass, of the mikechass... my hubby and I always travel together, but I am the only one on here. Should have thought that out more when I made my username.

Again, I am thrilled to read that you had a great time.

I also should repeat that it was lovely to see someone THANKFUL on here.

So often people come on here to complain. I loved reading about your trip.

Chass

What a classy post. Thanks Mike. :)[/quote

Hey Texed, my name is Chass, of the mikechass... my hubby and I always travel together, but I am the only one on here. Should have thought that out more when I made my username.

Again, I am thrilled to read that you had a great time.

I also should repeat that it was lovely to see someone THANKFUL on here.

So often people come on here to complain. I loved reading about your trip.

Chass

Agree, There is so much we can to be thankful for, unfortunately the gripes come out too often.:D

Hey Texed, my name is Chass, of the mikechassI also should repeat that it was lovely to see someone THANKFUL on here. So often people come on here to complain. I loved reading about your trip. Chass

Chass,

I apologize for "assuming" you were Mike. And thank you for your very kind post. :)

I highly doubt that anyone feels bad that you both were invited. It's wonderful that Celebrity extended the invitation, and that you had a wonderful time. It's well deserved. Karyn

Thanks Karyn. :)

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself! I hope that someday many of us CCers will get the same opportunity - but if not - I'm glad it can go to such a great poster :-)

I also hope others get an opportunity to enjoy something like I did also. And, thanks for the very kind post. :)

Archived