Port of Miami to Fort Lauderdale Airport

cruizinmama

We go on a cruise that ends in Miami. I have been checking for flights to get home and it looks like flying out of FLL airport would be cheaper then Miami. I have been searching for shuttles from the port in Miami to FLL airport and they say to reserve ahead of time. Is this necessary or would it be fine to get off the ship and find a shuttle? The flight we're looking at does not leave till 6:30pm so not any issue for time. What have others done, what shuttle service is recommended and about what is the price? I did look at Express Shuttle and they look to be about $45 for 2 adults. That sounds like a good price but do we really need to book that ahead of time? Has anyone used this company. Sorry all the questions ths is just our first time booking everything on our own and not with a TA. If its too much of a hassle we'll probably just pay more to leave from Miami

You should post this on the Florida Departures Board.

I would recommend checking with your cruise line about about a port excursion on disembarkation day that provides you with a tour and then transportation over to the airport. I say this because you have a lot of time that day. Another option is to rent a car.

If you go the shuttle route, I would book that ahead of time.

Again, come over to the Florida Departures Board for more information.

Keith

• 4 weeks later...
We go on a cruise that ends in Miami. I have been checking for flights to get home and it looks like flying out of FLL airport would be cheaper then Miami. I have been searching for shuttles from the port in Miami to FLL airport and they say to reserve ahead of time. Is this necessary or would it be fine to get off the ship and find a shuttle? The flight we're looking at does not leave till 6:30pm so not any issue for time. What have others done, what shuttle service is recommended and about what is the price? I did look at Express Shuttle and they look to be about $45 for 2 adults. That sounds like a good price but do we really need to book that ahead of time? Has anyone used this company. Sorry all the questions ths is just our first time booking everything on our own and not with a TA. If its too much of a hassle we'll probably just pay more to leave from Miami

check out SAS transportation. we used them to get from Fort lauderdale airport to our miami hotel and it was really reasonable. the price goes down the more people they have booked for their vans. we paid 15 dollars each. dont have a number but you can google it. you pre book your ride and they are there waiting for you.

check out SAS transportation. we used them to get from Fort lauderdale airport to our miami hotel and it was really reasonable. the price goes down the more people they have booked for their vans. we paid 15 dollars each. dont have a number but you can google it. you pre book your ride and they are there waiting for you.

www.ridesas.com We have used them as a private shuttle for our family of 6 adults..Very dependable, great service and priced right.

Archived