Where do you see if the ship is full?

DCP

I have read in several places where folks have *checked* to see if the ship is full or not....can someone share how this is done? We leave tomorrow in our UPGRADED mini suite, and would like to see how full the ship is if possible! (just nosey, I don't really care, I am having a blast no matter what!)

I would go to ncl.com and pretend to book your same cruise and see what pops up. Although if you did it today, I don't know if I would rely on the info, I don't think you can book a day before it leaves, but I could be wrong. We also leave tomorrow, have a great cruise!! We were also upgraded, then we got a call to upsell which we jumped on, cause the price was right!!:D Bon Voyage...

Neverthought

Sorry that we're not allowed to list the link to the site I use or I'd post it here for you ;), but in checking it (if I'm reading it right lol) it shows that it's 91% sold out - and the only cabins left are in categories MA, MX, OB, OX, IA, IB, IC.

Sorry that we're not allowed to list the link to the site I use or I'd post it here for you ;), but in checking it (if I'm reading it right lol) it shows that it's 91% sold out - and the only cabins left are in categories MA, MX, OB, OX, IA, IB, IC.

Why are you not allowed to share the link? The only thing I'm aware of is that you can't share TA information. I share links all the time to stuff. :confused:

I would go to ncl.com and pretend to book your same cruise and see what pops up. Although if you did it today, I don't know if I would rely on the info, I don't think you can book a day before it leaves, but I could be wrong. We also leave tomorrow, have a great cruise!! We were also upgraded, then we got a call to upsell which we jumped on, cause the price was right!!:D Bon Voyage...

Neverthought

This is going go give you only the cabins that are available through NCL. At least one of the big online TAs purchases cabins for resale that are not available through NCL. When I booked my cruise, I talked to a PCC and she told me that she would be unable to book the specific cabin that I'd looked at with the online TA as that TA had already purchased it and it was unavailable to her for sale. This is how the special deals that you sometimes see with from the online TAs happen - they buy the specials from NCL and resell them.

This is also the reason that a cruise (or a hotel) will sometimes look sold out on once booking source and not on another.

I just checked the site that is listed in the other thread above, it only shows jr suites full on my cruise where NCL show everything full but insides.

Can you tell me where on that other site it shows how full the sailing is, I can't seem to catch it...even with a big fishnet.

Why are you not allowed to share the link? The only thing I'm aware of is that you can't share TA information. I share links all the time to stuff. :confused:

One of the links noted in the mentioned thread will certainly get you a note of warning from the mods. The other web page is another cruise forum that tracks prices. Not sure how many notices you get before you are banned from CC.

Can you tell me where on that other site it shows how full the sailing is, I can't seem to catch it...even with a big fishnet.

I just chose my cruise date and it showed which categories were full. I didn't see a percentage full of the entire ship, but it might be on there somewhere.

I have read in several places where folks have *checked* to see if the ship is full or not....can someone share how this is done? We leave tomorrow in our UPGRADED mini suite, and would like to see how full the ship is if possible! (just nosey, I don't really care, I am having a blast no matter what!)

Are you concerned with how many cabins are sold out or how many people approximately will be on board? There is a difference and the Cruise Line Industry has a formula for determining Pax #'s which I will share if anyone is interested.

If you want to know after you have boarded the ship, you might find a sign near the customer service desk.

When I was on the Sky, there was a sign that read something like, "The shis is fully booked. Room changes can not be made."

I have seen this on every one of my 49 cruises.

Checking prices and availability give you chance of grabbing an upgrade by calling(free or paid depending on price).

knowing availability above you in the suites is handy if the upsell fairy calls with an offer, it makes it easier to counter offer on price or cabins.

for cabin availability the .uk or other eu site are much quicker tthan .com

until 2 weeks to go when they stop online bookings.

always a good idea to chck UK and EU prices especialy laye bookings sometime thye drop in one region only.

On my last cruise we had an SF suite from the start. As we got closer to our cruise date, I watched both the NCL site and the other site and saw that prices on the SF suites suddenly dropped - even below the EBF that I paid - I also notice that the inventory went from only 3 remaining to 9 remaining (there are 12 total). My TA figured that another large TA had locked up several suites and then could not sell them so they were turned back to NCL. This was just after final payment was due. While NCL would not refund any of the difference - they did give me a future cruise credit of equal value. BTW the hotel desk also had the sold out sign up :D

I would go to ncl.com and pretend to book your same cruise and see what pops up. Although if you did it today, I don't know if I would rely on the info, I don't think you can book a day before it leaves, but I could be wrong.

To my knowledge, you're correct. You cannot book that close, because there are requirements for leaving the country to have information in a certain amount of time before departure.

KC

Archived