taxi availability @ POM

K L B

I'm debating whether or not to hire transportation in advance, or if we just wing it and get a cab. There are only 3 of us, so usually we can all get into a cab with our luggage. To pre-hire will probably be a bit more expensive, but may be worth it if getting a taxi is a pain.

It's been a few years since we were in the Miami port. How easy is it to get a cab out of the port and back to the airport after disembarking? We have a noon flight so there isn't a lot of time to waste, and I hate fighting for a cab. Are they ample, and can we easily just pick one up at the port and be on our way?

thank you! exactly what I need to know. our flight isn't overly early. 11:50am. That should be no problem to make in time- we dock at 8am. Right?

11:50 should be fine.

I would though check since you are flying to Canada what time you must check in for your flight. If one hour no problem. If two hours it's a problem.

Keith

thank you! exactly what I need to know. our flight isn't overly early. 11:50am. That should be no problem to make in time- we dock at 8am. Right?

If there are not delays you should be fine

We were delayed on one trip did not get to the airport until 11:15 for a 12:30 flight

Not many taxis & we were the only ship in port on a weekday

Not sure why the lack of taxis but so stressful for people

the ship was only 1250 passenger cannot imagine the chaos on a larger ship :eek:

This time I am booking a private car

YMMV

If there are not delays you should be fine

We were delayed on one trip did not get to the airport until 11:15 for a 12:30 flight

Not many taxis & we were the only ship in port on a weekday

Not sure why the lack of taxis but so stressful for people

the ship was only 1250 passenger cannot imagine the chaos on a larger ship :eek:

This time I am booking a private car

YMMV

interesting...that was kind of my concern. thanks for sharing your experience.

interesting...that was kind of my concern. thanks for sharing your experience.

I am sure most of the time there is not a problem but I am not taking any chances this trip

I would rather be at the airport earlier than at the dock stressing if I will make the flight

Others may not agree

It is MY personal choice

Lyn

RELAX! There are tons of taxis at POM. The most you will wait for one is 15 minutes. The past few cruises from POM when I needed a cab I did not wait at all.

Yogi

I agree 100%.

I am one who tends to error on the conservative side and recommend bookng flights 12:00 Noon or later out of Miami.

11:50 AM really fits that bill.

You can check in for your flight on line from the ship.

I would go with the taxi.

It's easy.

Enjoy the cruise.

Keith

The most you will wait for one is 15 minutes. The past few cruises from POM when I needed a cab I did not wait at all.

Yogi

Last trip we wait over 1 hr so sometimes you are not so lucky

The ship was not cleared until 9:30 am

so you can see it is not always smooth sailing at the POM

Most times it will be fine though

LHT....Really? 1 hour for a taxi? I'm not doubting you, but if you did wait an hour that is really outside of the normal.

I agree .. we have docked in Miami several times before without issue

What was worse for us was that this was the first time flying home from MIA

usually we drive so just wait until others have their taxi then get one to the parking lot

Ship was delayed in clearing, taxis had some issues with the port Authority (so the taxi driver told us)

They finally used one of the car rental shuttles & incoming limos were taking people to the airport .....many missed their morning flights

We got there about 11:20am

Very stressful

So while most of the time things can go according to plan it is best to prepare for the unexpected

Hopefully we will have no problem in March ;)

we are flying home again

Lyn

Archived