Caribbean Princess Southern Caribbean Nov 24, 2012 Review

C Cruise Dude

Thank you so much for a terrific review! It sounds like Princess may have won you over by the end of the cruise. :)

I know what you mean about the hanger noise and the drawer opening & closing in high wind and/or rough seas. We've learned how to deal with those little annoyances: we pile the unused hangers up where the shoes go and put something over them like the beach towels. For the drawer, we've found that sometimes it's easier just to prop it open all night until maintenance can get around to fixing it.

Things aren't perfect on any cruise line, but we really do prefer the Princess experience compared to the other lines. Hope you take another one soon!

I think you had a bad waiter (we have never had a bad waiter but we had a horrid assistant--luckily the waiter was so fabulous it didn't matter, but he had to work twice as hard due to the rotten assistant). We have subbed items on every line w/o incident.

We always have breakfast at Horizons Court--and we always eat along the outside deck by the pool. Cooler, less crowded, nicer overall, imo.

Disembarkation

I’m not sure if I selected it but I was designated a “Walk Off”. I might have chosen it in My Princess but I don’t recall.

Early in the cruise you should have received a form asking about your disembarkation preference (time of a flight, meeting someone for independent travel at a certain time, etc.). It also included the option of selecting "walk off", so you either elected it on that form or the person working with your form made a mistake.

Thanks, Rick, for your review and pics. I was on the same cruise so I was just able to take a mini break from housework and relive some nice memories of a very enjoyable cruise. LOL -- those dang hangers. I finally cushioned them between the clothes -- problem solved. As windy as it was a couple days, I wasn't bothered by any motion. I was in an aft balcony cabin on Aloha. Were you on deck that windy afternoon when the chairs were dancing across the deck?

Love this itinerary. Very relaxing. I'm ready to go again!

~~Maun

Thank you so much for a terrific review! It sounds like Princess may have won you over by the end of the cruise. :)

I know what you mean about the hanger noise and the drawer opening & closing in high wind and/or rough seas. We've learned how to deal with those little annoyances: we pile the unused hangers up where the shoes go and put something over them like the beach towels. For the drawer, we've found that sometimes it's easier just to prop it open all night until maintenance can get around to fixing it.

Things aren't perfect on any cruise line, but we really do prefer the Princess experience compared to the other lines. Hope you take another one soon!

I purchased the future cruise reward so I will be back.

Early in the cruise you should have received a form asking about your disembarkation preference (time of a flight, meeting someone for independent travel at a certain time, etc.). It also included the option of selecting "walk off", so you either elected it on that form or the person working with your form made a mistake.

Bill, I never signed a form. I glad the review was useful.

Jack

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...