Las Caletas in PV

SDcruiser66

[B][/B]
We are sailing on the Jan. 6th 2013 sailing and would like to hear some reviews on Las Caletas. Our group is a family of 5, all over 18. The past 3 visits to PV we have simply walked off the ship and straight down the beach about 3/4 of a mile and used the amenities at a beautiful resort on the beach. We talked to the beach captain of the resort and go it ok'd, as long as we bought food and drinks no problem. Just thought this time we would try something different.

We did this last year and it was a blast.

The catamaran ride to the beach is about an hour each way, the staff is so much fun and they have an open bar.

The beach was beautiful, the buffet lunch and setting was very nice. You can go snorkeling, kayaking and paddle boarding. They have a nature hike and you can hold little monkey's and birds.

It was a wonderful day and I think well worth the price for what you get.
There are reviews on trip advisor you can check out.

Have a great cruise!

Toni

[quote name='DebJ14']Too bad you can't do Las Caletas by night. They do a great show and have a wonderful candlelit dinner on the beach.[/QUOTE]

You can- Just book the Rythems of the Night and the Las Caletas excursion. You can do both- you will just stay there instead of going back to the ship.

Las Caletas is fantastic!!!!!! We were there in Jan of last year and the whole family LOVED it!!! It was a really fun day and the snorkeling when we were there was actually really great- the water was really clear that day and it was great. Water temp in January was pretty good and we loved floating around in the rafts and my kids liked swimming out to the floating dock and jumping off. Food was really good and the drinks were plentiful. Really fun day- wouldn't hesitate to do this excursion again!

[quote name='tonit964']We did this last year and it was a blast.

[COLOR=Red]The catamaran ride to the beach is about an hour each way[/COLOR], the staff is so much fun and they have an open bar.

The beach was beautiful, the buffet lunch and setting was very nice. You can go snorkeling, kayaking and paddle boarding. They have a nature hike and you can hold little monkey's and birds.

It was a wonderful day and I think well worth the price for what you get.
There are reviews on trip advisor you can check out.

Have a great cruise!

Toni[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=Indigo]I would love to see Las Caletas, especially Rhythms of the Night, but I tend to get seasick on boats (seem to be OK on cruise ships) and that 1 hour catamaran ride makes me hesitant. :rolleyes: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='dobiemom'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=Indigo]I would love to see Las Caletas, especially Rhythms of the Night, but I tend to get seasick on boats (seem to be OK on cruise ships) and that 1 hour catamaran ride makes me hesitant. :rolleyes: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

If you tend to get seasick and you really want to do this, then get some medication, either over the counter or from your Dr.

There were a few kids that were very sick on the ride and throwing up over the side of the boat.

HI all!

We went there in a Feb when we were at an all inclusive. The ride over was easy that day plus we saw whales & dolphins. The meal there was very good
& the walk interesting. The guys on the boat entertained on the way back so that was fun.

I liked PV so much from my Mexican Riviera cruise that DH & I went there for a week.

~ Jo ~ :)

[quote name='retiring soon']HI all!

We went there in a Feb when we were at an all inclusive. The ride over was easy that day plus we saw whales & dolphins. The meal there was very good
& the walk interesting. The guys on the boat entertained on the way back so that was fun.

I liked PV so much from my Mexican Riviera cruise that DH & I went there for a week.

~ Jo ~ :)[/quote]

You are now among many who have discovered PV via a cruise and then decided to make it a land vacation. Such a pretty place with quite a bit of diversity in activites.

Archived