Royal Carribean Alcohol Drink Package Question

trev71

Can anyone tell me where I can find more details on the alcohol package? Ive searched their website, but cant find anything. My travel agent also told me they dont offer an alcohol package, so this is all coming as I surprise to me.

Geez, you'd think they would make it easier for those of us who WANT to drink copious amounts of booze lol

Haha I agree!

I have looked at the website and my existing reservation and I couldn't find anything. I finally emailed them, we will see if they respond.:D

Also, the Celebrity package is very clear on wine... "wine by the glass up to $xxx is included." The RC package just states "house wines" and no one has been able to post a definition of "house wine." Is it a list of wines up to $xxx/glass? Or is it just La Terre? (the cheap wine they give out in the CL, C&A parties, etc.) That question has yet to be answered and is potentially another big difference between the two.

I asked this specific question to several bartenders on Indy last week, which was offering the package. They all said it's just La Terre for red, not glasses up to a certain dollar amount.

Off subject, but one of the bartenders also told us that he thought La Terre was going away soon and another wine would replace it as the house wine. Hopefully this person had accurate info.

We have 6 of us on the Freedom in May and have discussed it and will all be purchasing the beverage package. Mostly because we want to not have to worry about the bill at the end....we will at least have a good idea of what we will be spending on alcohol, AND with 3 couples, it's easier to ask for a round of drinks from the waiter and not worry about who's picking up the tab for each round.

We are all drinkers, especially on vacation and would spend about $100/day per couple at the bar anyway, so why not just pre-pay and not worry about it. That's how we are going into it and are planning on really enjoying this first "drinks included" cruise.

I asked this specific question to several bartenders on Indy last week, which was offering the package. They all said it's just La Terre for red, not glasses up to a certain dollar amount.

Off subject, but one of the bartenders also told us that he thought La Terre was going away soon and another wine would replace it as the house wine. Hopefully this person had accurate info.

Two Buck Chuck? ;)

Ships: By early 2013, all ships with seven-night or longer itineraries will offer the all-inclusive packages. At press time, only 13 ships were participating in the program: Legend of the Seas, Grandeur of the Seas, Splendour of the Seas, Independence of the Seas, Vision of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas, Allure of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas, Navigator of the Seas, Mariner of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas, Adventure of the Seas and Explorer of the Seas.

Package Details: Royal Caribbean has two alcohol-inclusive beverage packages on offer. The Classic Beverage Package costs $45 per passenger, per day, and features beer (priced $6.25 or less), house wines by the glass, all nonalcoholic cocktails, soda and juices. The Premium Beverage Package, at $55 per person, per day, includes all of the above plus all beers (no price limit), frozen drinks and cocktails made with premium brand alcohol. Bottled water and minibar items are not included in either package. Prices are inclusive of service charges.

Fine Print: The drinks packages are available on all seven-night or longer sailings (sorry, Majesty of the Seas) and can only be purchased on the first day of the cruise. If one adult in a cabin purchases the package, all adults over 21 years old in that cabin must purchase the package as well. Package users may only order one item at a time for individual consumption. There is no daily limit on how many items a person may order.

Huh? You seem to take issue with observations, comments, etc.

Some folks are merely posting some potential concerns about the possibility of requiring both guests to purchase package when one does not drink.

That's all--no more, no less.

By the way, Celebrity does NOT require all passengers to partake in alcohol package.

Relax.....

Couldn't have said it better myself!

The Celebrity package includes more. Specialty coffees, bottled water. Makes a big difference for some people in deciding its value for them personally.

I am long time celebrity and the packages that they offer are much better, even just getting the non alcoholic package through X is great, all the water fresh juice etc plus the specialty coffee and teas. Hopefully RCL will evolve into that way but they are run as 2 separate cruise lines.

We have 6 of us on the Freedom in May and have discussed it and will all be purchasing the beverage package. Mostly because we want to not have to worry about the bill at the end....we will at least have a good idea of what we will be spending on alcohol, AND with 3 couples, it's easier to ask for a round of drinks from the waiter and not worry about who's picking up the tab for each round.

same here! even if somehow i fall a little behind on my consumption the convienience makes it all worth it.

-Roger

We are all drinkers, especially on vacation and would spend about $100/day per couple at the bar anyway, so why not just pre-pay and not worry about it. That's how we are going into it and are planning on really enjoying this first "drinks included" cruise.

Just remember you can’t order “a round” of drinks...you may only order 1 drink at a time. You have to get everyones seapass cards together before you make the trip to the bar.

We are sailing 14Jan to Dubai from Barcelona and I have just spent days trying to book the wine packages ie 12 bottles at a time to no avail Spanish RCI say its not available because I used an American TA British RCI say its because RCI are stopping pre booking and prepaying wines packages .Could this be that the All Inclusive is coming to the Serenade? Came off the NCL Spirit yesterday and they have just introduced an all inclusive package there 49 dollars per day plus 15% grats. plus 8% Spanish tax This is the only cruise I have left with more wine than we arrived with.We took 12 bottles on board to pay the corkage and were given a bottle whilst on board hence the reason we had more

This lame package is just another "over-priced" promotion from RC.

Very few people will actually purchase it.

Even if you did buy it, you will most likely have to hassle with finding your card and signing something.

You might even have to show a photo id to prove it is your card.

Unless it came down $20 per day, I will pass....

This lame package is just another "over-priced" promotion from RC.

Very few people will actually purchase it.

Even if you did buy it, you will most likely have to hassle with finding your card and signing something.

You might even have to show a photo id to prove it is your card.

Unless it came down $20 per day, I will pass....

It is so popular on Celebrity that they have actually raised the price. I doubt RC will have trouble selling plenty of packages. Depending on what one drinks and how much, it can be either an "overpriced promotion" or a true money saver.

This is not - I repeat NOT - designed for you to maximize your vacation dollars.

This IS - I repeat IS - a business move by Royal Caribbean to generate profits for a for-profit corporation.

Why would they offer a drinks package for just "some" days? They need you to pay for the entire week BECAUSE they know that you won't drink as much on some days, i.e., port days.

If it doesn't work for you - economically or convenience-wise:

DON'T BUY IT.

Thank you. I now return you to your usual scheduled CC threads on jeans in the dining room, tipping, smuggling and chogging.

:)

LOL love this!:D

LOL love this!:D

same here! even if somehow i fall a little behind on my consumption the convienience makes it all worth it.

-Roger

DOTS is spot on with his assessment of RCL's new adult beverage program. The convenience far outweighs any of the perceived drawbacks of the plan as it has been thus far put fourth by the line. Certainly, it would be nice if it included specialty coffees and various waters, however, perhaps all that will come in due time. For the time being, I couldn't be happier that RCL has at least taken that first step toward making it possible for guests to enjoy a virtual all-inclusive experience at a cost far less than on one of the truly inclusive cruise lines.

You will need to hand waiter all 6 cards still however I get your point

Just remember you can’t order “a round” of drinks...you may only order 1 drink at a time. You have to get everyones seapass cards together before you make the trip to the bar.

Right, but if we are all sitting at the pool, or at a table together and we all have the package and a waiter takes our order, we usually order a "round" and keep em coming, I think it's easier to hand him all of our cards (or however they do the drink package) instead of trying to decide who's going to pay of for what round.

My husband wants to know what liquor (brands) is included in the package. He's fussy about his booze. Me...not so much. Going Eastern on Oasis in Feb. Just booked the cruise and can't wait. Anyone know what is included in the Premium Package???

My husband wants to know what liquor (brands) is included in the package. He's fussy about his booze. Me...not so much. Going Eastern on Oasis in Feb. Just booked the cruise and can't wait. Anyone know what is included in the Premium Package???

From another, similar thread:

Here's the flyer, it says nothing about both having to buy. I know this was the case in the UK on Independence tho'. Met a couple on our sailing, one had the package, the other didn't. They were using their own cards to buy, the guy who bought the deal had a yellow sticker on his.

Scan0001.jpg

Beverage Packages Available for Purchase Onboard ONLY

General Information

Royal Caribbean International is furthering its commitment to total guest satisfaction by expanding its existing onboard beverage program to include two new packages. Introducing the Classic and Premium packages, which will allow guests to pay one price at the beginning of their cruise vacation and enjoy a wide selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages at greater savings and convenience for the duration of their voyage.

Beverage Package Onboard Availability Schedule

Ship - Launch Date

Legend of the Seas - Currently Available

Grandeur of the Seas - Currently Available

Splendour of the Seas - Currently Available

Independence of the Seas - Currently Available

Vision of the Seas - Currently Available

Oasis of the Seas - Currently Available

Allure of the Seas - Currently Available

Freedom of the Seas - Currently Available

Navigator of the Seas - Currently Available

Mariner of the Seas - Currently Available

Brilliance of the Seas - Currently Available

Adventure of the Seas - Currently Available

Explorer of the Seas - Currently Available

Enchantment of the Seas - 12/15/12

Serenade of the Seas - 12/27/12

Radiance of the Seas - 01/21/13

Rhapsody of the Seas - 01/23/13

Voyager of the Seas - 01/27/13

They cannot be pre-purchased. Only available on sailings of 7 nights or longer.

The Classic Package: Pay just one price to enjoy a wide selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages at greater savings and convenience for your whole cruise.

$45 per guest / per day.

Includes:

Beer brands (below $6.25)

house wine by the glass

fountain soda

non-alcoholic cocktails

The Premium Package: The ultimate in convenience and value! Pay one set price and enjoy nearly our entire selection of liquors, beers and wines, plus non-alcoholic beverages.

$55 per guest / per day. Includes:

All well, call and premium cocktails

Frozen Drinks

All Beers (bottle, can and draft

house wine by the glass

Non-alcoholic cocktails

Fountain soda and juices

NOTE: The package prices are the same on all ships. However, if the sailing requires any VAT charges this will be added to the price of the package. All guests in the stateroom must purchase the same package unless they are medically unable to consume alcohol.

Package Restrictions

The following items are not included in the packages:

Full bottles of wine

Full bottles of liquor

MiniBar products

Specialty coffees

Cans of soda

Bottled water

Freshly squeezed juices

Souvenir glassware

Multiple beverages may not be ordered at the same time

The Premium Beverage Package cannot be shared or transferred to another guest.

FAQs

How can you purchase the all inclusive package?

The beverage packages can be purchased on boarding day. Guests can ask at any bar for more information; or should look out for a table setup for purchases to be made.

Can we purchase the all inclusive beverage packages for selected days?

No. The all inclusive packages must be purchased by all stateroom guests, over the age of 21, for the entire cruise length.

What if my traveling companion doesn’t drink, do they still have to purchase an all inclusive beverage package?

Yes, if they are in the same stateroom. The all inclusive packages must be purchased by all stateroom guests, over the age of 21, for the entire cruise length. All guests with special circumstances and/or medical conditions should speak with Guest Services onboard.

In which venues will the all inclusive beverage packages be honored?

The all inclusive beverage packages are honored at any of our bars or lounges, Windjammer Café, Main Dining Room, and our private destinations during normal business hours. Room service and minibar are not included.

Are the all inclusive beverage packages available on all sailings?

The all inclusive beverage packages are sold onboard all ships sailings 7 days or longer.

What are some of the premium spirits available with the Premium Beverage Package?

Premium Spirits include 10 Cane Rum, Bacardi 8, Pyrat XO, Belvedere, Chopin, Sauza Conmemmorativo, Carlos 1, Bakers, Crown Royal reserve, Grey goose, Kettle One, Tanqueray 10, Hendrick's, Courvoisier V.S., Knob Creek, Glenfiddich, Macallan Elegancia 12yr and The Glenlivet.

Are gratuities included in the all inclusive beverage packages purchase price?

A service charge of 15% has already been included in the purchase price. You will not have to pay additional gratuities.

Can I order multiple drinks at a time with the all inclusive beverage packages?

No. As this is a personal package, only one beverage per guest will be served.

Can I buy a drink for my friend with the all inclusive beverage packages?

The all inclusive beverage packages are for personal consumption. All additional drinks ordered will be charged at current bar prices.

How will the bar staff know I have purchased the all inclusive beverage packages?

A sticker will be placed on your SeaPass card for identification. The bar staff will request to see your SeaPass for verification prior to service (so keep it handy.)

Can I use the Coca-Cola Freestyle machines with the all inclusive beverage packages?

No. The Coca-Cola Freestyle machines require the Coca-Cola souvenir cup to operate. Souvenir glassware is excluded from the all inclusive beverage packages.

• 4 weeks later...