Website for ocean conditions NZ

Wanting to find a website for ocean conditions in NZ for upcoming cruise?

Enjoy your cruise on Oosterdam, she is a 'Vista' Class ship and handles the big seas reasonably well. I was recently on Arcadia for 49 days, same class of ship. But I truly hope you do not get the Force 11 gale with 12 metre seas we had off bottom of NZ South Island in September 2007, on Regal Princess, LA to Sydney. That area, the 'Forties' is often very rough, open to Antarctic Gales, up to Force 12 !

By crikey, we have go back to the 'Forties' again in March on Celebrity Solstice, Sydney to Auckland. Sutho will be taking pics of the seas no doubt.

I heard today on the TV News that Cyclone Evan could well head for NZ North Island in the next few days, as it is tracking south from Fiji, albeit losing intensity. Will make for some interesting seas off NZ. The weather/marine websites mentioned on here will get a few hits soon!

Fortunately for Australian Family their cruise is doing NZ anti clockwise, starting with the Sounds. Looks like Costa Romantica is more likely to be heading into stormy weather.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I heard today on the TV News that Cyclone Evan could well head for NZ North Island in the next few days, as it is tracking south from Fiji, albeit losing intensity. Will make for some interesting seas off NZ. The weather/marine websites mentioned on here will get a few hits soon!

Hi Les

We are flying off to Auckland tomorrow (19th) to celebrate Shirley's Brothers 60th Birthday on 21st.

We keep reminding him that Nostradamus forecast that the world will come to an end on that date.

Perhaps it will not be so much of a joke! :eek:

cheers

Hi Les

We are flying off to Auckland tomorrow (19th) to celebrate Shirley's Brothers 60th Birthday on 21st.

We keep reminding him that Nostradamus forecast that the world will come to an end on that date.

Perhaps it will not be so much of a joke! :eek:

cheers

Flipper & Shirley, enjoy NZ with family and Merry Christmas. Love to do a cruise with you guys one day.

Mate the world will not come to an end Friday, we have to embark Celebrity Solstice first !

Archived