Which cruise lines do Hong Kong to Sydney?

bobhsv

Looking for another holiday, and have Hong Kong to Sydney in mind. I think they are called Cherry Blossom cruises usually, but not fussed what time of year. So far, all I can find are longer 'world' cruises. I did ring Princess, but was informed that these sectors only come available as last minute, and only if cabins available, and that the 2013 are booked and prob won't show this sector.

Any suggestions, ta.

Jen

Check out P&O UK. World Cruise sectors.

Sometimes HAL do a Grand Pacific Circle and you can also do that sector.

We did Hong Kong to Sydney on the then Arcadia , now Pacific Pearl.

Aurora is doing it in 2013.

22-Feb-2013 World Cruises & Sectors 23 Nights Aurora, World Cruise Sector RPS ex Sydney to Hong Kong

Yes, most of the ones I found seemed to go from Singapore, which entails two flights. Yuk!

Hadn't thought of P&O UK, so am currently browsing through their site. Thanks for your replies.

btw David.....how are you? 100% recovered I am hoping. Have a very happy Christmas!

Jen

head:). She also said the Sea Princess is going that way. Also that Princess does not have the rights for overnight berth in Hong Kong. They pass through or berth further out.

Thanks, Jen

Thats interesting....

I read on the boards from someone on Diamond Princess , who said they will have to tender in Hong Kong. Looked up their cruise and they have an overnght in Hong Kong.

Seems strange????

btw David.....how are you? 100% recovered I am hoping. Have a very happy Christmas!

Jen

Thank you and a Merry Christmas to you .

Nearly back to normal again but still have to take things slowly.:D

Thats interesting....

I read on the boards from someone on Diamond Princess , who said they will have to tender in Hong Kong. Looked up their cruise and they have an overnght in Hong Kong.

Seems strange????

Thank you and a Merry Christmas to you .

Nearly back to normal again but still have to take things slowly.:D

Yes, I was surprised too. She explained very clearly re the non berthing rights. Hong Kong is one port they do not berth in overnight. I guess they tender back and forth during the night??? She was an excellent rep, spending over a half hour looking and explaining things to me. You learn something new every day! Be interesting to hear from others that have done this. Still, I don't mind having a floating hotel:)

Good to hear you are in good health. Slow is good, David:D Take care.

Jen

My understanding is that basically the only ships that you can get a Sydney-HK or HK-Sydney voyage are in ships that are either repositioning (commonly between somewhere and Sydney) or as part of a WC. There are some cruises out of Oz that incorporate HK in the itinerary -- such as Princess's Cherry Blossom cruises - but they go further afield to Japan.

Barry

Woudn't it be great if someday, some cruise line put on ships that just cruised between the following 4 turnaround ports....

*Hong Kong

*Singapore

*Sydney

*Honolulu

They could constantly circle these ports , and the in between ports of call could be many and varied.

All 4 have excellent services from both airlines and shipping, (which would bring in the containers for provisioning.)

When we sailed HK to Sydney, we had some interesting calls..eg Manila, Brunei , Surabaya .

Woudn't it be great if someday, some cruise line put on ships that just cruised between the following 4 turnaround ports....

*Hong Kong

*Singapore

*Sydney

*Honolulu

They could constantly circle these ports , and the in between ports of call could be many and varied.

All 4 have excellent services from both airlines and shipping, (which would bring in the containers for provisioning.)

When we sailed HK to Sydney, we had some interesting calls..eg Manila, Brunei , Surabaya .

I would love that flexibility....

Sue

*Hong Kong

*Singapore

*Sydney

*Honolulu

Agreed. This is exactly what Aust and NZ need. It would also save me having to wait (hope) for world cruises to be segmented:D

Hello cruise line companies are you listening?

My partner and I would love to fly to HK, shop, sightsee, shop, sightsee, shop, sightsee and shop some more like crazy demons, then hop on a floating hotel and relax all the way back to Aus.....

I can dream...

Looking for another holiday, and have Hong Kong to Sydney in mind. I think they are called Cherry Blossom cruises usually, but not fussed what time of year. So far, all I can find are longer 'world' cruises. I did ring Princess, but was informed that these sectors only come available as last minute, and only if cabins available, and that the 2013 are booked and prob won't show this sector.

Any suggestions, ta.

Jen

Yes as Bazzaw mentioned pick up one of the World Cruises, maybe one of the WC sectors on the P&O UK ships. We got on Arcadia in Sydney this year to Southampton and the ship did its last sector HK to Sydney. You will often get some very good prices on the sectors. Just check say, P&O UK and Cunard websites for a start.

Hello cruise line companies are you listening?

My partner and I would love to fly to HK, shop, sightsee, shop, sightsee, shop, sightsee and shop some more like crazy demons, then hop on a floating hotel and relax all the way back to Aus.....

I can dream...

You read my mind. Exactly what we wish to plan. Fly over with one suitcase, come home with 3 or 4:D

Yes as Bazzaw mentioned pick up one of the World Cruises, maybe one of the WC sectors on the P&O UK ships. We got on Arcadia in Sydney this year to Southampton and the ship did its last sector HK to Sydney. You will often get some very good prices on the sectors. Just check say, P&O UK and Cunard websites for a start.

Thanks Les, Barry and others. Currently looking at these, although may have to be patient and wait a bit longer when the sectors are advertised. I may be a bit early for 2014:) Even so I will get the FCC onboard in a few months, incase Princess do offer something enticing. Can always use it later:D

Jen

Got an email from an AU online cruise website today, advising Queen Mary 2 Hong Kong to Sydney 17 Feb 2013 sailing.

Yes, I saw that, thanks, but we are looking for 2014 as are doing a few cruises next year, Caribbean, Calif Coastal and Alaska (yippee). I thought they were quite reasonably priced too. Hope they come up for 2014, and if so, we are on it!

Will be keeping an eye out for these world cruise sectors. Attempting to spend the kids inheritance:D Thanks again.

Jen:)

Archived