Ben and Jerry Suite

sj25

So interesting to read all of this! In paying close attention to everybody's posts, there seems to be contradictory information about:

1) Whether room is noisy at night (or not)

2) Whether there is a punch card or individual coupons (2/day) for ice cream, and

3) Whether it is only for a small single scoop, or whatever you want (including milkshakes)

4) Whether CL access is effected through

(i) reprogramming the regular room card,

(ii) a separate, single WHITE card,

(iii) a separate, single GOLD card, or

(iv) TWO separate GOLD cards... (and whether these are provided upon boarding or delivered to the room within the next day or so)... and

(v) where a GOLD card is provided, if this ALSO provides access to all other FULL SUITE amenities, including reserved seating areas at shows and by the pool; Barefoot Beach at Labadee (and cabana reservation privileges there if available after regular full suite guests); ordering room service from the full MDR menu.

Hmmm...

I wonder if the discrepancies have to do with:

A) WHEN the cruise occurred (i.e., I believe in the past ALL D+ and Suite guests needed that separate WHITE card to access the CL)...

B) WHO is the concierge (it sounds like some provide full suite service, including a gold card)...

C) THE B&J staff (seems as if some will offer whatever you desire, while others only do the small ice cream scoop)... and

D) maintenance/guest services (who may or may not be able to do something to keep the adjacent hallway doors from banging shut when in use by staff in the wee hours).

In any event, I am very excited to have this cabin booked for a B2B in 2015 -- snagged it on the Liberty during its brief stay in Bayonne, so no airfare -- and the B2B is Canada/New England (which I haven't done since the 1990s, when I went on Carnival when my kids were little) and Bermuda, where I've never been!! Yeah, I'll miss my balcony, but the Prom cabin rate was great, especially with the current BOGOHO sale... and I'm excited for the cow décor, my roomie is a cow fan!!:D

Thanks for all the info, pictures and videos. I would love to hear from recent guests regarding the above contradictory info, and where things stand today... especially on the Liberty, since it seems there may be some discrepancies between how the perks are given on the three ships that have this "sweet"... although who knows, they may all change again in the next 16 months!! (Wow, I've never planned a trip this far ahead before...)

What? Contradictory info here on CC? :D (Sorry, I couldn't help it!) Wish I could help you out but I've never been in the "sweet". Enjoy your cruise and your time in that cabin!

There's a thread I saw going around about RCI/cruising bucket list items - this cabin is top of my bucket list :D:D Just a shame that I'm in Australia and we have no Freedom class here and I can't see myself getting to the US anytime in the foreseeable future to cruise on one either :( BUT I WILL EAT "FREE" ICECREAM BEFORE I DIE!!! Love love LOVE B&J icecream and I adore the cowprint theme. One day.......!

• 2 weeks later...

I have the sweet and the connecting room booked for Oct, 2015 my 50th birthday. Should both my wife and I be on the reservation for the sweet room to receive the perks? my kids are 6 and 8, so I split it up one adult & one child per room for each room.

I have the sweet and the connecting room booked for Oct, 2015 my 50th birthday. Should both my wife and I be on the reservation for the sweet room to receive the perks? my kids are 6 and 8, so I split it up one adult & one child per room for each room.

The two in the sweet should get the perks but children are not allowed in the CL.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

The two in the sweet should get the perks but children are not allowed in the CL.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Children are allowed in the Concierge Lounge for the Cocktail hour but not in the Diamond Lounge. This changed quite a while back.

I booked my DIL and D in the sweet on the Liberty for Spring Break 2016.

I would switch to the adults to the Ben & Jerry's Suite unless you are Diamond Plus which are allowed in the Concierge lounge despite of cabin booked. I don't know about kids allowed or not, thought not but we prefer the Diamond Lounge. The ice cream is just a coupon so the kids can use that without any issue. It's for one scoop daily and has boxes for each day that they initial/punch or X out. I have had it, had friends with it and have it booked for a future cruise. Never seen a gold card issued, you just have a white one to get into the concierge lounge.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Either way should be fine. I had my husband and my daughter in the room and myself and son in the other room. My husband and I went to the CL sans kids without any problems.

So either way should work. However, keep in mind your muster stations may be different and it would be better to have an adult in each room in case of emergency.

So interesting to read all of this! In paying close attention to everybody's posts, there seems to be contradictory information about:

1) Whether room is noisy at night (or not)

2) Whether there is a punch card or individual coupons (2/day) for ice cream, and

3) Whether it is only for a small single scoop, or whatever you want (including milkshakes)

(iv) TWO separate GOLD cards... (and whether these are provided upon boarding or delivered to the room within the next day or so)... and

(v) where a GOLD card is provided, if this ALSO provides access to all other FULL SUITE amenities, including reserved seating areas at shows and by the pool; Barefoot Beach at Labadee (and cabana reservation privileges there if available after regular full suite guests); ordering room service from the full MDR menu.

Hmmm...

I wonder if the discrepancies have to do with:

A) WHEN the cruise occurred (i.e., I believe in the past ALL D+ and Suite guests needed that separate WHITE card to access the CL)...

B) WHO is the concierge (it sounds like some provide full suite service, including a gold card)...

C) THE B&J staff (seems as if some will offer whatever you desire, while others only do the small ice cream scoop)... and

D) maintenance/guest services (who may or may not be able to do something to keep the adjacent hallway doors from banging shut when in use by staff in the wee hours).

In any event, I am very excited to have this cabin booked for a B2B in 2015 -- snagged it on the Liberty during its brief stay in Bayonne, so no airfare -- and the B2B is Canada/New England (which I haven't done since the 1990s, when I went on Carnival when my kids were little) and Bermuda, where I've never been!! Yeah, I'll miss my balcony, but the Prom cabin rate was great, especially with the current BOGOHO sale... and I'm excited for the cow décor, my roomie is a cow fan!!:D

Thanks for all the info, pictures and videos. I would love to hear from recent guests regarding the above contradictory info, and where things stand today... especially on the Liberty, since it seems there may be some discrepancies between how the perks are given on the three ships that have this "sweet"... although who knows, they may all change again in the next 16 months!! (Wow, I've never planned a trip this far ahead before...)

We were in the Ben and Jerry Sweet on Freedom in Feb 2014. Here is what we experienced:

1) Whether room is noisy at night (or not) Yes, it was particularly noisy the first and last night. We could hear door from the utility area directly adjacent to the cabin thruout the night

2) Whether there is a punch card or individual coupons (2/day) for ice cream, There are 2 cards issued with a space for 7 entries on each. and

3) Whether it is only for a small single scoop, or whatever you want (including milkshakes) The only option was a single scoop. Seems the cards are a premium to the staff. We had a few ask us us to give them the unfinished cards at the end of the cruise.

(iv) TWO separate GOLD cards... (and whether these are provided upon boarding or delivered to the room within the next day or so)... and We had 2 gold cards in the room when we arrived along with letters explaining the special benefits

(v) where a GOLD card is provided, if this ALSO provides access to all other FULL SUITE amenities, including reserved seating areas at shows and by the pool; Barefoot Beach at Labadee (and cabana reservation privileges there if available after regular full suite guests); ordering room service from the full MDR menu. These benefits were NOT provided.

We loved the cabin and would book it again.

...4) Whether CL access is effected through

(iv) TWO separate GOLD cards... (and whether these are provided upon boarding or delivered to the room within the next day or so)... and We had 2 gold cards in the room when we arrived along with letters explaining the special benefits

(v) where a GOLD card is provided, if this ALSO provides access to all other FULL SUITE amenities, including reserved seating areas at shows and by the pool; Barefoot Beach at Labadee (and cabana reservation privileges there if available after regular full suite guests); ordering room service from the full MDR menu. These benefits were NOT provided...

Okay, I'm confused. Where the two provided gold cards devoid of any printing? If they looked like SeaPass cards why would they not get you access to reserved show and pool seating, since this is accessed (at least in my experience) merely by showing the card?

We have just departed IOTS having spent 8 nights in the Ben and Jerry's Sweet.

We only had the normal card on arrival. We couldn't access the Concierge Lounge the first evening, but Nizar quickly sorted this out. The following day we tried to get into Chops but not having a gold card we were refused. Again Nizar sorted this out straight away. He then changed our cards from normal ones to gold and no more problems.

We had full suite perks. Entry to the Concierge Lounge for breakfast, coffee during the day and evenings between 5 and 8.30 for drinks and canapes.

Also included was access to Chops for breakfast and lunch daily, no problems with getting your meal in Windjammer and eating in Chops.

Allocated seating for the shows and sun loungers by the pool.

Ice-cream: 16 strips of card which we would use when ever we wanted. We were busy one day and missed out, so the following day used 4 and got 2 scoops in each pot.

Room service was the suite menu and although we didn't take up the offer you can order the evening meal and eat in the room.

Noise was not an issue, there are service doors all over the ship and this was no different. I am a light sleeper and not disturbed by the door.

Despite having the cows in the window, you still get a fantastic view of the entertainment on the flying bridge and can hear the music clearly. We enjoyed sitting in the window watching the parades and entertainment without being jostled on the prom.

A fantastic room, same price as a normal prom room but with some amazing perks. No double points, but that is fine by us. We will always check to see if this is available for future sailings.

Happy to answer any further questions

EmpressofPurple ,

Glad you were able to get the Ben & Jerry's Sweet for your B2B. I tried for my Liberty cruise next October . I am a few cabins away. Have a great time and enjoy the perks.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Jellybean we have a question specific to the Independence Ben and Jerry sweet. We have booked this cabin for the novelty of the Cow cabin and not for the extra benefits as we have most of those with our Diamond Plus level. My brother and his wife are also onboard in a promenade cabin, would we be able to give them the GOLD cards so they can enjoy the extra benefits instead of us? Many thanks for your post it gave us loads of current information on the Independenc B&J that we were looking for.

Hi Jellybean we have a question specific to the Independence Ben and Jerry sweet. We have booked this cabin for the novelty of the Cow cabin and not for the extra benefits as we have most of those with our Diamond Plus level. My brother and his wife are also onboard in a promenade cabin, would we be able to give them the GOLD cards so they can enjoy the extra benefits instead of us? Many thanks for your post it gave us loads of current information on the Independenc B&J that we were looking for.

My understanding is that the gold card is your SeaPass (charge) card and key to your stateroom.

Can you switch cabins with your brother and his wife so the perks are assigned to them/their cards, but then swap cabins for sleeping?

My understanding is that the gold card is your SeaPass (charge) card and key to your stateroom.

On FOS last month when we stayed in the "Sweet", we had two cards assigned to us ... Our lowly blue ones and one two gold ones. The blue one would not give us access to the CL and the gold one would not give us access to our cabin.

With that said, when we met the concierge he immediately said, "Oh you are my special "sweet" guests for the week." ... Tells me he, Raul, was expecting us.

Can you switch cabins with your brother and his wife so the perks are assigned to them/their cards, but then swap cabins for sleeping?

Trust me, no sleeping in that cabin

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We have just departed IOTS having spent 8 nights in the Ben and Jerry's Sweet.

We only had the normal card on arrival. We couldn't access the Concierge Lounge the first evening, but Nizar quickly sorted this out. The following day we tried to get into Chops but not having a gold card we were refused. Again Nizar sorted this out straight away. He then changed our cards from normal ones to gold and no more problems.

We had full suite perks. Entry to the Concierge Lounge for breakfast, coffee during the day and evenings between 5 and 8.30 for drinks and canapes.

Also included was access to Chops for breakfast and lunch daily, no problems with getting your meal in Windjammer and eating in Chops.

Allocated seating for the shows and sun loungers by the pool.

Ice-cream: 16 strips of card which we would use when ever we wanted. We were busy one day and missed out, so the following day used 4 and got 2 scoops in each pot.

Room service was the suite menu and although we didn't take up the offer you can order the evening meal and eat in the room.

Noise was not an issue, there are service doors all over the ship and this was no different. I am a light sleeper and not disturbed by the door.

Despite having the cows in the window, you still get a fantastic view of the entertainment on the flying bridge and can hear the music clearly. We enjoyed sitting in the window watching the parades and entertainment without being jostled on the prom.

A fantastic room, same price as a normal prom room but with some amazing perks. No double points, but that is fine by us. We will always check to see if this is available for future sailings.

Happy to answer any further questions

WOW! I have been away for a while but thinking of booking the Independence for next summer. What cabin is the Ben & Jerrys suite?

Thank you.

I was just thinking the same thing and then you all can be together.

Slight hijack...

Every time I see this thread pop up I think about our first cruise with our two kids (they were 19 and 13). There was a Ben and Jerry's counter on the ship and when we got our bill at the end of the cruise there was probably 40 charges for ice cream. :D

we had this room last year our seapass didn't get us in the cl lounge so nizar changed it but we didn't know we could get into the other areas. we have got this room again this year on the independence how do I contact nizar to ask for the gold cards or should I ask when we get on board. he was very helpful last year he came to our cabin to ask why we hadn't been to the cl lounge he said you are entitled to it.

we had this room last year our seapass didn't get us in the cl lounge so nizar changed it but we didn't know we could get into the other areas. we have got this room again this year on the independence how do I contact nizar to ask for the gold cards or should I ask when we get on board. he was very helpful last year he came to our cabin to ask why we hadn't been to the cl lounge he said you are entitled to it.

The bottom portion of this post shows how to find the email address for a Concierge:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42047790&postcount=2975

Edited by clarea