Ben and Jerry Suite

sj25

Thanks... that's great to know! I haven't heard anything back from the e-mail I sent a couple days ago, but it's still a bit early.

When I emailed in January, Wilfredo said we'd have to see Berty on boarding day as higher suites had first access. Wilfrredo also told me he'd be away the week we sailed and Berty would be covering for him.

I then saw folks who had reported being able to reserve the week before, but no sooner, so I emailed Berty and he replied right away that he had one reserved for us!

We were not able to request a specific one, as they are assigned onboard, but got exactly what we had asked for anyway (the farthest out on either end)!

On a side note, we were assigned OW3 (OW 1 & 2 are currently out of commission) and when DH inquired onshore about OW8 they were willing to switch us if we wanted - once DH saw where the sun was, he opted to stay put. ;)

The reserved sundeck area isn't just for concierge level. It's for all gold card holders. Not sure where it is on FOS, but on LOS it was above the pool bar and overlooks the main pool area. It's pretty easy to spot because there's a large sign near the steps that says it's only for gold card holders, and includes a picture of a gold card.

What was interesting is that even though it was higher than the other sundeck areas, it was less windy than MUCH of the other upper sundeck areas, which really didn't seem to make sense, but nevertheless, it was less windy there (but more windy than the main pool deck area).

We really enjoyed this reserved space because even if there were no loungers available, the pool deck staff brought us loungers and went to find us comfy padding to tie on top of them. So, we didn't need to worry about getting out there early to get a spot.

the sundeck lounge is above the pool bar on the FOS ...and yes has a sign shows the gold card only allowed there. we was there many times was nice you could always find a lounge chair even on sea days.:)

The reserved sundeck area isn't just for concierge level. It's for all gold card holders...
:confused:Are you saying that there are gold card holders who do not have access to the Concierge Lounge? That is something I've never heard of. Or am I misunderstanding?

Thom

:confused:Are you saying that there are gold card holders who do not have access to the Concierge Lounge? That is something I've never heard of. Or am I misunderstanding?

Thom

No, that's not what I'm saying. Maybe I typed it weird as my head is fuzzy from this cold that has been dragging on and off for 3 weeks now. Ugh!

What I'm saying is that the reserved sundeck isn't just for concierge level. It's for suite level (or all guests who have a gold card). If you're staying in the B&J cabin, you should receive a gold card and have access to the sundeck, but you'll be with ALL suite guests, not just concierge level.

the sundeck lounge is above the pool bar on the FOS ...and yes has a sign shows the gold card only allowed there. we was there many times was nice you could always find a lounge chair even on sea days.:)

We actually didn't receive our gold cards until evening #2 from the concierge in the lounge, so we totally missed out on our opportunity to enjoy that area on our first sea day. Now we know for next time though!

So do get the gold card at embarkation or is it in your cabin. I have heard the concierge card was white. Does that still gain you access to the sun deck?

How do you get perferred seating, is there a special section reserved. What else is provided.

So do get the gold card at embarkation or is it in your cabin. I have heard the concierge card was white. Does that still gain you access to the sun deck?

How do you get perferred seating, is there a special section reserved. What else is provided.

Our experience on LOS last week was neither. We did not receive at check-in, and they weren't in our cabin. We had to ask the concierge directly. He took our platinum cards from us, and created brand new cards for us -- gold cards. White cards will not give you access to the sundeck. The sign specifically says gold cards.

Our experience on LOS last week was neither. We did not receive at check-in, and they weren't in our cabin. We had to ask the concierge directly. He took our platinum cards from us, and created brand new cards for us -- gold cards. White cards will not give you access to the sundeck. The sign specifically says gold cards.

Almost the same for us on FoS - we were given regular cards at check in and there were no gold cards in our room.

We went to the lounge and were given a single gold card and then an envelope was delivered later with two gold cards and our letters and Ben & Jerry's coupons.

We weren't given whole new cards that worked for both our room and the concierge access - we continued to use our blue room cards for our room and our gold cards for the lounge and concierge seating at the shows.

We actually had the white card and gold card and it was actually in our cabin first day welcome us aboard. So guess we was lucky on that....

I know if the Freedom got the noise fixed after our cruise of complaining for them to fix that staff door ...I would in a heart beat have this room....but I still would with the noise I would just have some ear plugs with me.

We actually had the white card and gold card and it was actually in our cabin first day welcome us aboard. So guess we was lucky on that....

I know if the Freedom got the noise fixed after our cruise of complaining for them to fix that staff door ...I would in a heart beat have this room....but I still would with the noise I would just have some ear plugs with me.

We didn't have any issues with noise... although... maybe that was why the concierge staff was so intent on keeping our wine glasses filled and sending us to dinner with full glasses as well?! Hmmmmmm LOL!!!

We didn't have any issues with noise... although... maybe that was why the concierge staff was so intent on keeping our wine glasses filled and sending us to dinner with full glasses as well?! Hmmmmmm LOL!!!

Well I am glad that you didn't have to experience the noise...cause it had got bad enough like I said that you could feel viberation from it...hitting closed. LOL...about the wine...yes they do well at making sure that your glass is full....now I have seen different way they will let you go off to dinner...I think it depends how busy it is...some made us put it in paper coffee cups. Who was in charge when you went of the CL?

The Ben & Jerry's sweet is only on the 3 Freedom class ships, stateroom number 6305. It is located right over the Ben & Jerry's venue, and the view is partially obstructed by the Ben & Jerry's cow mounted right outside the window. Because of the obstruction, Royal gives the occupants 2 coupons per day for free ice cream. The stateroom also gets concierge lounge access, though I'm not 100% sure this is true on all 3 ships.

Very cool...two per person, or two per day per cabin?

Very cool...two per person, or two per day per cabin?

When I was on the Freedom this past Dec...we recieved 2 coupons...that you would get marked each day for one time visit...now they at that time allowed us to have 2 scoops per person. They also allowed us to make up and use a visit if we didn't do it one day...they really didn't care ...then at the end of the week we had to turn the coupon back into Ben and Jerry for them to recieve the credit they told us.

Well I am glad that you didn't have to experience the noise...cause it had got bad enough like I said that you could feel viberation from it...hitting closed. LOL...about the wine...yes they do well at making sure that your glass is full....now I have seen different way they will let you go off to dinner...I think it depends how busy it is...some made us put it in paper coffee cups. Who was in charge when you went of the CL?

Berty was covering for Wilfredo who was on vacation.

When I was on the Freedom this past Dec...we recieved 2 coupons...that you would get marked each day for one time visit...now they at that time allowed us to have 2 scoops per person. They also allowed us to make up and use a visit if we didn't do it one day...they really didn't care ...then at the end of the week we had to turn the coupon back into Ben and Jerry for them to recieve the credit they told us.

Hmmm B&J's is the cause of the obstruction and the reason for the perks... who would they be credited by?

We last used ours on Thursday night and I didn't even think about them again until I found them in DH's pocket while doing the post-cruise laundry!

On another note - has anyone else had any issue with the quality of the ice cream? Many of the flavors we tried tasted old - led us to believe maybe they're not selling much and should serve from smaller tubs?

I had a dream last night that we had boarded the ship and were already in our "Sweet". The room was huge (that's how I know it was a dream! :D) with couches along two of the walls and a bed on the third. It wasn't cow-themed in my dream, but we did have a chest freezer full of ice cream over in the corner.

Ah... twelve more days!

Hmmm B&J's is the cause of the obstruction and the reason for the perks... who would they be credited by?

We last used ours on Thursday night and I didn't even think about them again until I found them in DH's pocket while doing the post-cruise laundry!

On another note - has anyone else had any issue with the quality of the ice cream? Many of the flavors we tried tasted old - led us to believe maybe they're not selling much and should serve from smaller tubs?

Our experience was similar to yours. There were days when my husband got no ice cream, and other days when he went to get FOUR servings. He always got milkshakes. I indulged only once with a scoop of ice cream. We've never been asked to give our punch card back, and in fact, we left one of them hidden in the room with a few days/open boxes left on it (ours was only a 5-night cruise, yet space on the card for 7 nights).

If anyone is sailing Liberty soon, look underneath the cow-themed kleenex cover on the top shelf! ;);)

Regarding the quality of the ice cream, I only had a scoop of the cookies and cream and it tasted REEEEAAALLY bland. It's been a really long time since I've had ice cream, so one would have thought I would have really liked it, but it was like licking the air. Tasted like nothing.

(ours was only a 5-night cruise, yet space on the card for 7 nights)

I was wondering how the coupon cards would handle cruises other than week-long ones. I had seen pictures of the cards with 7 checkboxes on them. For cruises with fewer than 7 nights, they could simply pre-mark one or more of the boxes to block them out, leaving the "right" number of boxes for the number of cruise nights.

I'm going on an 8-night cruise, though. Will they draw another checkbox on the cards to account for the extra night? I'm guessing that it will remain a mystery for a little while longer.

Hi all! Checking in here as we are in the 'sweet' next January. We booked it well over a year out (I know i've had it booked since 2012 and not late in 2012)... but that was due to choice (itinerary and vacation scheduling). So excited to read all these reports and conjectures! :)

This will be our very first RCCL experience as well :)

Here is a list of Suite perks.

Any not available for the real Sweet.

Any one try the dinner in cabin perk

What's that breakfast or lunch in a specialty restaurants

Priority check-incon_bulletgray_ico.gifPersonalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service on select ships

Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows, where availablecon_bulletgray_ico.gifPriority tender tickets on select cruises.

(Tender service is provided when smaller vessels are necessary to reach shore in locations without docking ports large enough for cruise ships.)

VIP pool deck seating, where availablecon_bulletgray_ico.gifFull breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining

Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurants on our Voyager and Freedom Class ships

Mattel® board games available to order for in-room entertainment for the kids

Complimentary luggage valet servicecon_bulletgray_ico.gifLuxury spa bathrobes for use onboard

Complimentary pressing service on formal night

Priority departure with exclusive suite departure lounge featuring continental breakfast

I was wondering how the coupon cards would handle cruises other than week-long ones. I had seen pictures of the cards with 7 checkboxes on them. For cruises with fewer than 7 nights, they could simply pre-mark one or more of the boxes to block them out, leaving the "right" number of boxes for the number of cruise nights.

I'm going on an 8-night cruise, though. Will they draw another checkbox on the cards to account for the extra night? I'm guessing that it will remain a mystery for a little while longer.

We had a full 7 boxes on our cards even for our 5-nighter. Your situation is interesting. I wonder how they'll handle 8 nights. Be sure to let us know!