Help; advice needed on doing Carnvial Cruise the day we get off Celebrity

burrma

If anyone can shed some light on this issue, it would be greatly appreciated. We are getting off Celebrity on Feb. 23 in FLL and on the same day, we are boarding Carnival Freedom.

We will request to get off as late as possible; say 10, then can we walk to Carnival with luggage and I guess wait there till we board at noon or do you have any other suggestions. Or do we need to take a cab from Celebrity to Carnival. We won't have a car at the port.

Also is there anyplace at port we can leave out luggage from 9 - 2 so we could get off early;take a cab and do something fun and then board the Carnival at 2? Never done a B2B on different cruise lines. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I've read a number of reviews from cruisers that boarded around 10-11 am without a problem with the new FTTF program. Carnival has an interesting new program called FTTF or "Faster To The Fun." For $50 per cabin you get most of the perks a platinum cruiser would get. It includes boarding early, having your luggage taken straight to your cabin, priority tendering, a personal line to the pursers desk, etc. With the early priority boarding you should be able to board the ship pretty early. That's what I would do. :)

As of right now, the Carnival Freedom is not one of the ships that is participating in the FTTF program, but it may be on the list by the time you cruise at the end of February. With that being said, either way I would just leave the Celebrity ship as late as you can around 10:00 AM and then make your way to the Freedom. Depending upon how close the ships are, you might be able to walk it, otherwise you will need to take a cab, but the cabbie will not be too happy since the ride will be so short. There is no reason to do something on your own between 9-2. Stay and extend your first cruise as long as possible and then start your B2B as soon as possible. ;)

If anyone can shed some light on this issue, it would be greatly appreciated. We are getting off Celebrity on Feb. 23 in FLL and on the same day, we are boarding Carnival Freedom.

We will request to get off as late as possible; say 10, then can we walk to Carnival with luggage and I guess wait there till we board at noon or do you have any other suggestions. Or do we need to take a cab from Celebrity to Carnival. We won't have a car at the port.

Also is there anyplace at port we can leave out luggage from 9 - 2 so we could get off early;take a cab and do something fun and then board the Carnival at 2? Never done a B2B on different cruise lines. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Just a few weeks ago we got of the Allure and then boarded the Freedom the same day. We departed the Allure ~ 9:30 and by the time we were outside the terminal it was ~ 10:30. Then we used a cab to go from terminal 18 to 24, then boarded the Freedom ~ 11:30.

We just did a b2b on 2 different lines last week in Miami. We stayed on the Breeze until about 9:30 or so. Picked up our luggage and went through immigration. We were extremely fortunate that the Epic was right next to the Breeze so we were able to walk over (did take a few minutes though!). Checked in for the Epic and had a short wait before we were able to board. It was much less hassle than I thought it would be.

I don't think you'd have any problem dropping your luggage off early at Carnival and then heading out to explore a little before checking-in for the second cruise.

Another option would be to get a rental car if you want to explore the area. You could of course easily "store" your bags in the car.

If this is of interest, go to the CC forum on Ports of Call. I'm sure there are postings on which rental car companies have EZ shuttles.

I don't think you'd have any problem dropping your luggage off early at Carnival and then heading out to explore a little before checking-in for the second cruise.

For sure, once they are accepting bags for the embarking passengers you can leave them with a porter and they'll be on their way. You don't need to board exactly at that time. We always board late (3:30'ish) after spending the morning and having lunch in our departure city. Lines will be super-short then and your cabin will be ready.

I would stay on as late as possible. 10 will be the lastest.

grab a cab and take it to drop your luggage with the porter-- then take the cab to go somewhere to grab your waters/sodas etc.

by the time you get back it will be ready to check in and board--

(use the laundry room so you can pack lightly

Archived