Advice needed: Moving from Celebrity ship to Carnvial ship the same day in FLL

burrma

If anyone can shed some light on this issue, it would be greatly appreciated. We are getting off Celebrity on Feb. 23 in FLL and on the same day, we are boarding Carnival Freedom; both in FLL.

We will request to get off as late as possible; say 10, then can we walk to Carnival with luggage and I guess wait there till we board at noon or do you have any other suggestions. Or do we need to take a cab from Celebrity to Carnival. We won't have a car at the port.

Also is there anyplace at port we can leave out luggage from 9 - 2 so we could get off early;take a cab and do something fun and then board the Carnival at 2? Never done a B2B on different cruise lines. Any help is greatly appreciated.

If anyone can shed some light on this issue, it would be greatly appreciated. We are getting off Celebrity on Feb. 23 in FLL and on the same day, we are boarding Carnival Freedom; both in FLL.

We will request to get off as late as possible; say 10, then can we walk to Carnival with luggage and I guess wait there till we board at noon or do you have any other suggestions. Or do we need to take a cab from Celebrity to Carnival. We won't have a car at the port.

Also is there anyplace at port we can leave out luggage from 9 - 2 so we could get off early;take a cab and do something fun and then board the Carnival at 2? Never done a B2B on different cruise lines. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here is the FLL port map:

http://www.porteverglades.net/includes/media/docs/Port-Map-2009.pdf

Feb 23 is a Saturday so Oasis of the Seas and Princess ships will also be in. Caribbean Princess will dock at Terminal 2, Oasis at Terminal 18. Carnival will usually be at Terminal 19 and Celebrity / HAL and MSC and will probably be at 24, 25 or 26.

Carnival and Celebrity will close to each other and you will not have to take a cab and can walk from one to the other. You will have 6 ships in on 2/23.

You might want to post what Celebrity ship you'll be getting off of for someone to more accurately guess, but again, it's a guess. My guess is eclipse or reflection based on the date you gave.

You can see the port schedule here - but it's not in for february at this point. https://pevweb01.broward.org/Public/PublicMovements.aspx

There's really no way to definitely know where the ship will be, but they do tend to use the same ones when they can.

Carnival Freedom is in 19 for an upcoming trip.

Silhouette seems to use 25

Equinox 18, etc.

Here's a map of FLL with the berth numbers http://www.porteverglades.org/directions-port-everglades.htm

Again it's never a sure bet you'll be where they plan. You should definitely plan a contingency just in case you're farther than expected. On another board I've read some people will offer to pay the fare to the airport that the cab would typically get, just for the cab to take them between the different areas -- it would seem they don't really want to take you from berth to berth if they can help it since there wouldn't be much in it for them in that.

Hope this helps some.

Thanks Ariawoman and JLC@sd.What fabulous people you are to take the time to share your advice and knowledge. Very very helpful. We are getting off Celebrity Eclipse on Feb. 23 and onto Carnival Freedom that same day.

Willl check the links you gave me a bit closer to the date.

Thanks again. Love CC because of people like you.

Just did a B2B on Allure of the Seas then Ruby Princess. Make sure you get your luggage into the taxi before you tell him you're just going to the next ship over. My driver looked like I had slapped him when I told him I was just going 'over there' as I pointed at the other ship. He said 'you going to tip me good, yes?' I gave him $15. He was pretty happy with that. As a side note I was traveling alone and just had one suit case and a carryon.

Thanks Ariawoman and JLC@sd.What fabulous people you are to take the time to share your advice and knowledge. Very very helpful. We are getting off Celebrity Eclipse on Feb. 23 and onto Carnival Freedom that same day.

Willl check the links you gave me a bit closer to the date.

Thanks again. Love CC because of people like you.

You're more than welcome. Most of us try to answer because we want to be helpful :-) I love helping people plan their vacations, lets me live vicariously until I have one coming up of my own!

Good point about the taxi and I knew they wouldn't be very happy.

I checked out the port map with the terminals; fabulous! Have never seen that before in my life. Super helpful. If they dock where they usually do, I'm sure we can walk it; especially with the light easy pull suitcases today.

Again; sincere thanks

...Also is there anyplace at port we can leave out luggage from 9 - 2 so we could get off early;take a cab and do something fun and then board the Carnival at 2? Never done a B2B on different cruise lines. Any help is greatly appreciated.

If you wanted to head out some place you could consider getting a cab and having them drop your luggage off the second ship (should work if you get off relatively late) before dropping you off someplace like the beachfront or shopping area in FLL and then taking a cab back later that afternoon. Another alternative would be to arrange a car rental with one of the rental companies that pick up at the port. You can either ask the shuttle driver to take you to the other ship to drop your luggage or just take it with you and store it in the back of the rental car while you do what you will for a few hours. If you are renting from a car at the airport there is usually a group bus to take you to the rental center. If you are renting from one of the local "neighborhood" rental offices, like the Budget location off 17th st. then they send their own van to shuttle you.

If you wanted to head out some place you could consider getting a cab and having them drop your luggage off the second ship (should work if you get off relatively late) before dropping you off someplace like the beachfront or shopping area in FLL and then taking a cab back later that afternoon. Another alternative would be to arrange a car rental with one of the rental companies that pick up at the port. You can either ask the shuttle driver to take you to the other ship to drop your luggage or just take it with you and store it in the back of the rental car while you do what you will for a few hours. If you are renting from a car at the airport there is usually a group bus to take you to the rental center. If you are renting from one of the local "neighborhood" rental offices, like the Budget location off 17th st. then they send their own van to shuttle you.

Thanks

Just did a B2B on Allure of the Seas then Ruby Princess. Make sure you get your luggage into the taxi before you tell him you're just going to the next ship over. My driver looked like I had slapped him when I told him I was just going 'over there' as I pointed at the other ship. He said 'you going to tip me good, yes?' I gave him $15. He was pretty happy with that. As a side note I was traveling alone and just had one suit case and a carryon.

We always do that in those situations-after all they could ignore you and get a better fare. and for me-not to have to lug those bags in the port area from one ship to another would be worth at least $15- I would probably want to give them $20-LOL!

We did this exact thing last year except that it was from Navigator of the Seas to the Carnival Freedom. You will have to take a cab from one ship to the other as it is very industrial and you can't walk. It was great and easy to do. There will be plenty of cabs there. The fare was very small, maybe ten dollars. We went straight to the Freedom and our luggage was taken right away by the porters. We went into the building and sat down to wait for them to start letting us on the ship. We were the 3rd and 4th people in line. We got on the ship really early. You will love the Carnival Freedom. It's a beautiful ship. It sure makes getting off the first ship a lot easier when you know you will be walking right on another. Have a great trip.

Archived