Concierge Bogarts Beware!

JimandStan

Sounds like Oceania has installed card readers at the entrance of the Concierge Lounge(s) as has often been requested here on CC. :)

On Marina & Riviera, gain special card entry to the private Concierge Lounge with a dedicated Concierge and fresh pastries, canapés and teatime creations. (Italics mine)

We were just on board the newly dry docked Marina on its Rome to Rio journey. The executive lounge had lucite hands on the doors to show where to push to get in (I'd posted long ago about "concierge finger").

On my first visit my room key didn't work, a visit to reception corrected it, but for the entire voyage the locks were disabled. Locks are to keep honest people out.

Sounds like Oceania has installed card readers at the entrance of the Concierge Lounge(s) as has often been requested here on CC. :)

On Marina & Riviera, gain special card entry to the private Concierge Lounge with a dedicated Concierge and fresh pastries, canapés and teatime creations. (Italics mine)

Good news. Let those that pay for the lounge be the ones to use it.

Proof that the powers that be are reading CC. :D

Where is the concierge Lounge on the Regatta and Natuica ?

There is neither a concierge nor an executive lounge on Regatta/Nautica. Only on Riviera/Marina.

Likewise there is no Baristas on Regatta/Nautica:(, my personal favorite morning haunt aboard Marina/Riviera.

If you're talking about the concierge lounge on each deck containing concierge level cabins, the locks were already in place back in mid-August. Your key card opened the lounge.

That would be nice, except thatthere isn't "a Concierge Lounge on each deck that contains Concierge Cabins".

The is one Concierge Lounge on each of the larger ships and they are both located on Deck 9, just forward of the self service lauindry.

094711.jpg

If you're talking about the concierge lounge on each deck containing concierge level cabins, the locks were already in place back in mid-August. Your key card opened the lounge.

We needed to use our key card to enter the Concierge Lounge on Riviera in mid-July of this year.

And I kind of wished there would be a Concierge Lounge on each deck with Concierge cabins. We were almost completely aft (starboard) on deck 10 and it made the trip to Deck 9 forward (port) not worth the trip most times.

Lovely place once you got there though.

Yep, long walk to the lounge from aft. We were way aft, too. It made me realize just how much longer Marina was, compared to Regatta. I didn't go to the lounge much, but the concierge WAS helpful a number of times, and I got maps there, too, which made me happy.

On the Nov Transatlantic cruise on Riviera, the card readers were in place. We were in the PH Suites so we had access to the Executive Lounge. We tried to access the Concierge Lounge to take pictures and our card did not work. Our card only worked for the Executive Lounge (as it should).

We were just on board the newly dry docked Marina on its Rome to Rio journey. The executive lounge had lucite hands on the doors to show where to push to get in (I'd posted long ago about "concierge finger").

On my first visit my room key didn't work, a visit to reception corrected it, but for the entire voyage the locks were disabled. Locks are to keep honest people out.

Tried to use my key...and it didn't work...then figured out the door was open! Thomas ...the concierge on our cruise was just the best...really helped me out with several CC problems (our luncheon) and then a closed down credit card as someone stole the numbers in Spain....having that type of service is just so special!!! LuAnn

Next cruise, we need to sit next to each other at dinner and I want to hear the whole story :)..

gary[/quote

The Canay Islands...ane started to use are numer fro then on..unil we reahed RIO>...hen we knew we had a problem!! LuAnn

This might be a silly question BUT....

what is the difference between the Executive Lounge and a Concierge Lounge?

can someone in a PH go down to use the Conciege Lounge to see

if they might have a better magazine selection available for example.

Thanks

According to Oceania (at the very TOP LEVELS, mind you), the Executive and Concierge Lounges, and their amenities, are identical except for the style of decoration.

Suite Passengers, are not encouraged to use the Concierge Lounge, and now that the entrance to the Lounges is via key card entry, only Concierge Passengers would have access anyway.

Archived