Miracle 2014 Cancelled

elklemi

Were booked on mexican riviera cruise on the Miracle April 2014 and got a letter from Carnival that they have cancelled this cruise due to repositioning of the Miracle. They may come up with a replacement at a later date.

possible connection to this discussion?

I'm surprised this article hasn't been mentioned in the last couple of weeks (unless I missed it)...

http://www.travelweekly.com.au/travel-today/news/carnival-flags-second-vessel

quote:

Carnival Cruise Lines has flagged the prospect of operating a second ship in Australia with a decision likely mid next year.

The cruise line said it did not view Australia as only a one-ship market which could mean a second vessel sailing alongside Carnival Spirit.

“The decision would be based on the continued opportunity we saw in the market, based on sales figures and if there is continued demand for a Carnival type of holiday,” Carnival Cruise Lines general manager Jennifer Vandekreeke said.

“We are absolutely committed to Australia as a market for Carnival Cruise Lines, she added.

(end quote)

This is pretty much what we all assumed anyway. It's interesting to note that one person who has commented on the article claims it'll more than likely be the Miracle and it'll be based out of Melbourne.

From the Sydney Cruise Port Schedule

http://www.sydneyports.com.au/port_operations/cruise_schedule

TBA1

17-Mar-2014 06:00 (Mon)

17-Mar-2014 18:00 (Mon)

Overseas Passenger Terminal

OPT

CVL

Carnival Australia

Then there nothing listed until .... after that the TBA1 seems to be a regularly scheduled ship.

TBA1

06-Nov-2014 06:00 (Thur)

06-Nov-2014 18:00 (Thur)

Overseas Passenger Terminal

OPT

CVL

Carnival Australia

While I would love to go on another repositioning cruise to Australia, I would hate to see another Spirit class ship leave the U.S. if they send the Miracle. I'm not sure what size ships the Australian cruise terminal can handle though. I'll have to keep looking for any news, the Spirit repositioning cruise was simply a fantastic experience and Sydney was awesome!

Carnival announced this week that the Carnival Imagination is being repositioned to Long Beach for 3 and 4 day cruises.. Thursday and Sunday departure.

With the Miracle leaving in April 2014, makes me wonder if we're stuck with only the small ships (Inspiration and Imagination) and short cruises?

I wonder if this means we'll only have the Inspiration out of Long Beach. :(

It would also be nice for Carnival to do Calif coastal cruises going to SF and Santa Barbara. Wouldn't mind seeing Seattle and Vancouver or Victoria B.C. included and skipping Ensenada.

Astoria, OR should be added to your list.

Had some of the best fish n chips from a boat parked in an empty lot across from the Maritime Museum.

California has very strict laws protecting the coastline from ship's fuel and pollution. It's one reason you don't/won't see many coastal cruises, at least not from Carnival because it demands a much more expensive (cleaner) fuel than what Carnival is willing to spend. I cannot remember the details but it would require all ships to carry two different types of fuel. One for its general use and one for coming within a certain distance of the coast to the various ports. Perhaps someone here will find the details to this and correct me.

With a little work, I found this - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/archive/index.php/t-1171549.html

California has very strict laws protecting the coastline from ship's fuel and pollution. It's one reason you don't/won't see many coastal cruises, at least not from Carnival because it demands a much more expensive (cleaner) fuel than what Carnival is willing to spend. I cannot remember the details but it would require all ships to carry two different types of fuel. One for its general use and one for coming within a certain distance of the coast to the various ports. Perhaps someone here will find the details to this and correct me.

I do believe you are right. And I think that is one of the reasons RCCL left California.

I do believe you are right. And I think that is one of the reasons RCCL left California.

I believe Celebrity is still doing some coastal trips. Unfortunately they stop off in San Francisco and sometimes for two whole days. Well, that doesn't work for me as I live there and don't need to spend time there on my vacation. I would, however, love some other coastal stops like Santa Barbara, Catalina Is, if doing southern Cal. or Astoria, Seattle, and Port Angeles (Olympia Peninsula) if it had a northern itinerary.

I'd think they'd plan their repos better where they don't have people booking on ships they're moving. Second one I've seen on Cruise Critic that was getting repositioned.

Hopefully you find another cruise!

Two years out seems like enough time to me.

Were booked on mexican riviera cruise on the Miracle April 2014 and got a letter from Carnival that they have cancelled this cruise due to repositioning of the Miracle. They may come up with a replacement at a later date.

I have it on very good authority that the Miracle will be cruising Australia and Alaska. I am hoping she will do one ways from Vancouver to Anchorage and back like the Spirit used to do.

It seems anytime more than two carnival ships are in CA, sooner or later one is shipped further overseas. First Spirit, now Miracle. I just wish the second ship would switch up ittineraries. 7-day MR in winter and CA Costal in summer.

Hey Carnival are you listening?

All cruise ships that visit California already have to follow this law. So, for example, the Carnival Splendor and the Carnival Inspiration already carry two different kinds of fuel and switch to the low-sulfur fuel when they are within a certain distance of California. I know this from having taken the Behind-The-Fun tour on the Carnival Splendor and talking to the Chief Engineer about this.

Princess cruise lines currently offers many California coastal cruises... so, if that's what you're looking for... it's time to give Princess a try. Personally, having grown up in California... the last place I want to cruise to is San Francisco or Santa Barbara. I can drive there for the weekend. I'd much prefer my cruises to visit places with warmer water... such as Cabo or Puerto Vallarta. Maybe some day they'll go back to Zihuatanejo... that was one of my favorite cruising destinations!

Unfortunately, between the violence and the fuel prices, I bet it will be a long time until cruises ever go back to the best cruising destination on the west coast... Acapulco.

This is ironic because i received two emails last night confirming my March 30-2014 cruise to the Mexican Riviera. Now after seeing this thread I went to do a mock booking for this cruise and it is no longer listed. I guess I now wait for the letter informing me it is cancelled :(. Looks like we are getting all the hand me down ships in CA if the Imagination comes here to Long Beach. I have 6232 bowling alley balcony booked too! Guess when something seems to good to be true, it is .

our original booking was for April 27 and we found now that April 5 is last date and spend two days in PV and 1 in Cabo instead of 2 days in Cabo and 1 in PV. Around $100 more but schedule seems better so all ends well.

Archived