How quick it fades...

RMM34667

A month ago today I was sailing around Antigua on a catamaran. Drinking Champaign and eating lobster. First port on my 10 day Emerald Princess cruise. It was so great. I thought it was the most amazing day. Till the next day when we stopped at St. Lucia.. Everyday and every port was great. That day it seemed like the best day. When it was over I could not say which was the best. They were all wonderful.

Now it seems like such a distant memory. Maybe that is why cruising is so addictive. You want, need to feel that way again. Soon...

I thought you meant your tan. That, at least, can be prolonged chemically for a bit!

Meanwhile, get out your Cruise Atlas -- the surefire way to beat post-cruise blues is to start browsing for the next one.

I agree! The best way to beat the vacation blues is to line up another one. It seems we always have one lined up - even if we decide to change it later.

I thought you meant your tan. That, at least, can be prolonged chemically for a bit!

Meanwhile, get out your Cruise Atlas -- the surefire way to beat post-cruise blues is to start browsing for the next one.

"Cruise Atlas"?? You mean the Christmas Wish Book?

I totally agree -

DW and I had our first cruise - on Ruby - last March.

Then DW's parents asked me to set up a 4-generation Alaska cruise for next June, which was fun doing the arrangements, etc.

By September, I was having "cruise withdrawls" and decided we couldn't wait a whole 9 months so we booked a cruise on Ruby for February for DW's birthday.

Then, a week ago after seeing all the photos of ships decorated for Christmas, we booked a Christmas 2013 cruise on Ruby.

Yeah - we're hooked...... :D

A month ago today I was sailing around Antigua on a catamaran. Drinking Champaign and eating lobster. First port on my 10 day Emerald Princess cruise. It was so great. I thought it was the most amazing day. Till the next day when we stopped at St. Lucia.. Everyday and every port was great. That day it seemed like the best day. When it was over I could not say which was the best. They were all wonderful.

Now it seems like such a distant memory. Maybe that is why cruising is so addictive. You want, need to feel that way again. Soon...

That is why on every cruise I take lots of pictures. Last night I posted the trip (select photos) to my facebook. I could relive the cruise. :D

"Cruise Atlas"?? You mean the Christmas Wish Book? Like

I agree! The best way to beat the vacation blues is to line up another one. It seems we always have one lined up - even if we decide to change it later.

I am booked for Royal 10/29 and 11/3 :o But 10 months... :(

I do hope to see a nice last minute deal sometime during the spring!

"Cruise Atlas"?? You mean the Christmas Wish Book?

LOVE IT.. Is the Atlas only downloaded or will they send me one if I call?

I agree with you! Antigua and St. Lucia are 2 of my favorite places!

I scrapbook my trips so I can get the pictures out and think about all the fun and great places that I've been and remember how blessed I am to be able to do this once a year

I am booked for Royal 10/29 and 11/3 :o But 10 months... :(

I do hope to see a nice last minute deal sometime during the spring!

LOVE IT.. Is the Atlas only downloaded or will they send me one if I call?

They'll send you one. Here's a link to the relevant page on the website for ordering. (Hint: keep cruising, because once you're Platinum, they mail you the Atlas every year!)

Possibly you would consider going to the CC Ports of Call Board and posting a report (even if it's brief) under each of your Port Stops. Not only will it allow you to relive your fun ... but will also be helpful to others considering what to do on theirs .

LuLu

~~~~

So much of the fun of cruising is my continuing search for the next great cruise. I spend many hours at the computer looking, thinking, wishing, etc. I am them planned through February, 2014. I had to quit then, because much of the summer of 2014 is not available yet.

I agree with one of the early responses. I was believing that the fade you mentioned was your tan (gotta get a little, just to make the neighbors jealous)!

Jim

Archived