Silversea's weird website

Silver Spectre

When I bring the SS website up on my laptop it now defaults to german. If I change my country back to the UK after a few days it gets defaulted back to german again.

Is this part of a cunning plan or maybe an Oceania takeover.

Or is it to curry favour with german speaking Argentines.

Actually that is not all, even though the website is reset for the UK, all the banner displays are still in German.

It could be that somewhere along the way a cookie has been put by the site on your computer that says you want German. Deleting all the cookies for Silversea and the accessing the site might work.

Quite often something similar happens when I do a google search while in a foreign country. It sees the IP address is in Germany for instance so sets a cookie that says I need a German interface. Even when I arrive in the UK, that cookie remains so I have to wipe it before I can get English with Google (unless I specifically ask for Google.com/ncr)

• 3 weeks later...
It was not the cookies, it was the website itself.

I'm having exactly the same issue - kept on getting a German website :(

I couldn't find anywhere to change my country to the US or UK for their English site - where did you change your country to the UK (as mentioned in your first post)? Thanks a lot!

On the very bottom of the page you will see a small Globe symbol with a text box next to it. The box will say Change Your Location (but probably in German). Click on the box and it will let you select another country. The box is next to the Facebook and Twitter symbols. You will probably need to do this every time you go on the site.

Surprise, surprise the German version is back again.

Resetting the country fixes most of the problem, but the rolling banner is still in German.

Now, I generally do not delete cookies from my computer, unless I have a really good reason, however I did clean up IE yesterday and that includes deleting temporary files. I do wonder if the SS site is doing something non standard with Windows/IE as my other cookies are still working correctly. The same thing happens with Firefox.

Surprise, surprise the German version is back again.

Resetting the country fixes most of the problem, but the rolling banner is still in German.

Now, I generally do not delete cookies from my computer, unless I have a really good reason, however I did clean up IE yesterday and that includes deleting temporary files. I do wonder if the SS site is doing something non standard with Windows/IE as my other cookies are still working correctly. The same thing happens with Firefox.

Hmm, my version is in english.

Host Dan

Hmm, my version is in english.

Host Dan

Weird isn't it. I would believe it was my computer if I was the only one.

Off this topic, is there any chance of either getting the Roll Calls back here, or could we have all of them on the Roll Call section. Currently we have a mixture and therefor a mess.

Archived