Transfers

Howie74

In the past I have flown in the day of the cruise, but this year we are flying in a day early. I am assuming that we will need to take a cab. We are leaving out of port canaveral, so does anyone recommend a place to stay close to the cruise terminal that may offer shuttle service?

Are there any other options I am overlooking?

Glad you are flying in the day before the cruise. Too much risk when you fly in the day of the cruise of a cancelled or delayed flight causing you to miss the ship.

Let me suggest that you post this question on the Florida Departures Board.

Keith

In the past I have flown in the day of the cruise, but this year we are flying in a day early. I am assuming that we will need to take a cab. We are leaving out of port canaveral, so does anyone recommend a place to stay close to the cruise terminal that may offer shuttle service?

Hi, we always fly in the day before because you just don't know about flights these days :p

I'm assuming that you will take a shuttle/car from Orlando to the Cocoa Beach area?

We did that a couple of years ago and stayed at the Homewood Suites there, but there are a LOT of hotels to chose from. We then took a taxi from the hotel to the Port....was less than $20 for the 2 of us with a generous tip. Hope that is helpful for you. Happy Cruising!!

If you are flying into Orlando (MCO) a taxi cab to Port Canaveral will be almost in the $80-$90 range. There are much less expensive alternatives from renting a car to use a shared shuttle service.

Easiest way to get to Port Canaveral from MCO is to rent a vehicle at the airport. It's an easy one hour trip from Orlando to Port Canaveral. Avis, Budget, Hertz, and Enterprise have locations that are located in Cape Canaveral which are extremely close to the pier. On the morning of your cruise drop off luggage and all family members at the pier. It's an easy five minute drive back to the rental location to drop off the vehicle. When the free shuttle is full it's a quick ride back to the pier. I recently did this on a family cruise on the Carnival Dream in August 2012. As for hotels, my family liked the Country Inn and Suites which is located in Cape Canaveral and is the closest hotel to Port Canaveral. The hotel is clean, the employees are nice, and the pool looked nice to me. On our one night stay the hotel was full of cruise passengers and their park and cruise package appeared to be a good seller too. There were at least seventy five vehicles parked in their front parking lot on that particular day. At the conclusion of your cruise you can also rent a vehicle for the short ride back to Orlando (MCO). The free shuttles going back to the rental facilities tend to get busy and alot of cruise passengers seem to have fun cutting the lines. I was renting another vehicle for my extended stay in South Florida so I wasn't in a rush. We rented a vehicle from Budget and there drivers were so busy that a Hertz shuttle driver stated he would give us a ride to the Budget facility after her dropped off his two passengers. He got a nice tip for his kindness. My cousin who had to drop off some family members at MCO for a flight back to New Jersey decided to rent a cab for transportation back to the Budget rental location. He had all ready left the Budget location when I arrived thirty minutes later.

Archived