Celebrity Equinox Dec 10th 2012 review and Videos

fishycomics

Reference my previous post, I did have wonderful table mates and met some great people and always feel very happy and content while cruising. I just felt the Equinox was a disappointment because I had "high" expectations. I have cruised too many times to list and was given Elite status but only joined the group for cocktails one night. Unfortunately I am not a marathon drinker and what I do drink was not on "the list"; I am able to get it on RCCL (Baileys) but drinking is not what's important to me; I just don't understand why some rave about Celebrity's food; it was consistently not up to the quality of Holland or RCCL and perhaps we got stuck with a newby waiter which caused the slow service. Also in the morning the servers consistently had to be called over because they sometimes seemed to have a blind eye to those at the table wanting more coffee or whatever. The Elite continental breakfast was a nice touch upstairs with the specialty coffees. My only point was, if you have ONLY cruised Celebrity, branch out and try another cruise line. You might be surprised that some have better food, service, etc. It is all in the experience for me. I am always happy at sea. I was just expressing my observations and I could not help but compare since I have been on most of the other cruise lines as well as RCCL but for now RCCL is my drug of choice. And by the way, it takes 350 sea days to be Diamond Plus and 700 to be Pinnacle. My take is that Celebrity is going to be top heavy with Elite and then what? Where will they put all their "special" guests?

I'm Diamond Plus on Royal and unless things have changed recently it is only 175 seadays or points to be Diamond Plus not 350. As for getting Baileys I don't ever remember it ever being offered in the Diamond lounge on any of the Royal ships I've been on but that might have changed as things do change over time. I do agree it is a good idea to branch out on what cruise lines you use to find out what others offer.

Reference my previous post, I did have wonderful table mates and met some great people and always feel very happy and content while cruising. I just felt the Equinox was a disappointment because I had "high" expectations. I have cruised too many times to list and was given Elite status but only joined the group for cocktails one night. Unfortunately I am not a marathon drinker and what I do drink was not on "the list"; I am able to get it on RCCL (Baileys) but drinking is not what's important to me; I just don't understand why some rave about Celebrity's food; it was consistently not up to the quality of Holland or RCCL and perhaps we got stuck with a newby waiter which caused the slow service. Also in the morning the servers consistently had to be called over because they sometimes seemed to have a blind eye to those at the table wanting more coffee or whatever. The Elite continental breakfast was a nice touch upstairs with the specialty coffees. My only point was, if you have ONLY cruised Celebrity, branch out and try another cruise line. You might be surprised that some have better food, service, etc. It is all in the experience for me. I am always happy at sea. I was just expressing my observations and I could not help but compare since I have been on most of the other cruise lines as well as RCCL but for now RCCL is my drug of choice. And by the way, it takes 350 sea days to be Diamond Plus and 700 to be Pinnacle. My take is that Celebrity is going to be top heavy with Elite and then what? Where will they put all their "special" guests?
My observations came from 64 cruises on many different lines and have settled on RCI and mostly Celebrity. We enjoy being what you call "special guests". ;)

Dec 13th 2012. at port Cartagena.

Got up around 7AM, next door was loud. they or someone smoking, next time guest relations .

breakfast, 2 lbs of Lox yum yum. relaxed some, and off to the tour CA01.

headed to polpa. what a view. enjoyed it, but family member said there is a person to take a picture with, not around no more Boo hoo. she remembers the road being winding and scary the first time.

headed to the fort, we only were allowed to step out and look, not on the actual tour, but a stop.

off to the Dungions, 40 minutes there. well could have spent ten minutes there and 30 minutes at the fort, add the ten minutes. a stop should had been made, but we already seen old sn Juam. a lot of hiking for the elderly, not this time.

at the dungions, they said only shop at these fou rspots, and come in listen to the jewelry girl speak? sorry Shopping I go end to end.

The cruise line must own a shop at these spots, tourist trap if asked

finished up, seen the folk show got the drink, have a tip that was for this person in polpa. hola hola love my tan. all we heaed?

the dancers made it to the boat to. we had to walk a mile to the bus, the city tour was nice loved it. pit stop was at, yes, a jewelry store for another drink. orange pssion fruit. hmm taste like the drink on the ship, yep it was.

the ship supplies these stops, why I say tourist trap, a jewelry store no less.

what I did not like was going down a side street beggers, felt unsafe.

tour guide told us best coffee is my friend that looks like............

so we all got from his friend.

back on the bus, back to the ship, Grandma always said. if you see it get it, because you may never have that chance again in port. and she was right, Mom says that to. So if you see something in port, and you like it best grab it the next port will not have it?

back on board, we watched the dancers again, listened to some music from the bands, and dinner was near.

Had Pollak, and forgot my dish, steak chicken lamb. whatever......

off to the show that lady singer one song two song yawn yawn, she was lovely, her voice was but how much can you stand of the same repeatitive people she sang. to each their own. we got up finished our night with evening tea. and a on demand show.

to port Colon, Panama canal a big day.

This tour I enjoyed very much, the first tour of our trip no complaints but one right side was not the correct side to sit on . very hot, and locals at folk show on top of you. also at each stop they gather like sheep with gifts...

Enjoy this video, editing is needed

To the previous reply, you are right, it takes 175 to be Diamond Plus; 350 gives one other benefits. I don't count my cruises because I don't see this is as a one-up- manship contest and a bit pretenious. And I admit I enjoy the privileges of being a chronic cruiser but my crowd is down to earth and humble. Like someone else mentioned, different strokes for different folks. Merry Christmas to All.

To the previous reply, you are right, it takes 175 to be Diamond Plus; 350 gives one other benefits. I don't count my cruises because I don't see this is as a one-up- manship contest and a bit pretenious. And I admit I enjoy the privileges of being a chronic cruiser but my crowd is down to earth and humble. Like someone else mentioned, different strokes for different folks. Merry Christmas to All.

Again, sorry you met so many people that acted like they were better

than you.:eek: There are many of us in "down to earth" category who just

love the Celebrity product. I have lots of friends who are in that

category too.:D Not sure I ever one upped anyone. My pants go on

the same way as yours:)

Yes, different strokes.............

Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy your next cruise, whatever line

you sail on.:)

Glad that comedian made his remarks, to the guests in Aisle 3 center right side set 1-9 so glad he did, its the dead truth of how people are?

learn to not be in your own world, but join the world we all live in.

Whatever card class you in. just remember enjoy life, rather worry bout others.

back to my topic about the cruise:D

Recap:

over 1k hits comments here, not there, thanking me, and the cruise review is yet to begin thanks again all.

headed out, got onboard, eating relaxing and on the first port its a great cruise Guests next to us in room a lil rowdy , dinner guest, are buffet people, the one behind are so sweet and quiet, the one next nearly sitting in my lap. yep people are people, Thompson twins song Ithink. I hear that tune. shows were good till that singer was yawn yawn, and she set the mood just right go to sleep get up and off we go on our tour. now its time for Panama stay tuned. no special classes to go there.

so ready for more, back on track I hope.

Again, sorry you met so many people that acted like they were better

than you.:eek: There are many of us in "down to earth" category who just

love the Celebrity product. I have lots of friends who are in that

category too.:D Not sure I ever one upped anyone. My pants go on

the same way as yours:)

Yes, different strokes.............

Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy your next cruise, whatever line

you sail on.:)

And to all a good night.Merry Christmas Lois,hope to cruise with you one day.tj;)

Teajak, thanks:) and I want to apologize to the original poster for getting

in the middle of his review. This is about his cruise....sorry for taking

it so off topic.:(......I do apologize for that.

As do I,sorry couldn't stop myself.LOL.:eek:

I own a Sony Hx20V, earlier version to HX9V.

Giving a shout out to Xshot, Xshot.com called a Xshot 2.0, or pocket shot. 1 is 36 inches I used on the trip, the pocket shot 4-6 inches shorter.

Now if I were walking and you seen me in the shot that is what I used.

I got looks, and I felt funny, but doing it many years you start to get used to it.

I also in the upcoming or other videos have a spy cam, goes into the hat, that I cut a slit. called the keycam 808 #16

the Xshot in picture sells for 30.00, if you decide that is for you contact xshot, say I sent ya :)

In the pic is the xshot 2.0, also is a spycam 40.00 off ebay.

thanks for the compliments and comment.

voy2v9.jpg

Thanks for the info, and how great! I went on Amazon before you posted your reply and ordered exactly the extender that you have pictured. I plan to look like a nerd and ignore the stares! Thank you also for the camera advice, but I already have a Sony Blogger, a different pocket video camera. I got it because it is the only one I could find that is compatible with my Mac computer. I looked at the xshot first, and was ready to buy, but someone commented on Amazon that they had trouble with the videos on their Mac.

Anyway, thanks for the info, and hopefully I will post photos and videos that include ME after our Reflection cruise! :)

not upset. I have a username and will jump in and put you right in check poster. JK.

backto my review and cruise. panama is looking good standby. OT OT offtopic ontopiclol

LMAO

Dec 14th, 2012 Panama COo4 Tour,

Got up Noisy People next door, did I say that, I forget. welcome to Panama. caught the ship coming in, went upstairs ate another 2lbs of Lox, and back down to the room watched the action start to come in, buses, people, and time to join the crowd.

Port is tight, wish they control the animals, draw some lines direct people better. hate fighting to the buses. we chosen the back bus, not the best move. the ac worked well with a broken vent nothing to stop that air, till we shoved my rain gear later up into it. the front person was getting a shower due to not me but a leak in it, all day it worked fine, when it rained he go wet? Lucky a empty seat was available?

Headed pass town, FLOODED. got out of town very shaky, used to it as I am a City Slicker, some of the people closed their eyes.

Best not step out in town, best to play your cards safe. from our family, who been there many times over. Why the panama canal was the best and is the best ride we took.

on the open road, bus driver is FASt, the tour guide was yelled at by many rude people, if they kept quiet they could have heard the audio. but do not send a broken bus out on a tur, agree.

after the upsetting guests settled, trying to decifer the native tongue, the tour is waiting at the gate at the Alantic and Pacific canals.

two ferrys. we were forced on the crowded one, wished it was a little more empty.

I wil lsay this, and will say it again to the guest photoghaphers. GO back, out, and away, it is the trip we paid for, to see, and not you blocking every few minutes in front of us. apalogese is not enough, that is plane rudeness. not one, not two, but five of them.

As we headed on way water drinks and lunch are there for free, ticket says BRING your water. correct that!

went through about 3 canals never seen the train that is supposed to pass by, they say the train ride is very little to see?

We were rained on, paid 1 dollar for a ripped poncho, and respected, the people around me not using an umbrella , but enough is enough. time to open up, as people in front just do not care if you snap shots, or video anymore. in your way.

that girl from the tour who got on, was lucky she did not go overboard a little zoom gother out of the view. not here to see you, but if it was Fred Astare (sp) I film all day long, him in front.

Tour comes to an end in panamas are, off we go through a town. 1.5 hr clenching on to the handel of the bus, as speeding 70mph through wet and heavy rains. silence. we got to our ship, pouring, once onoard it stopped sun came out.

a hour or two, left. I headed to the duty free shopping, got video, and was stopped by a local, we talked had a great chat. very friendly, and wished I could have talked more. read the signs carefully when shopping in there

$10.00 a shirt they charged 15.00 . Like said do not pass up what you cannot get again? Be cheap and be left out.

Back onboard, rested, watched the ship leave, an Ex Celebrity leaving soon., seen the Celebrity come out of the canal. and soon we part. the crowds yelled and whistled both ships.

soon to dinner. had as always warm shrimp cocktails, lamb shank. more lamb then anything else on here. Oven roadte chicken was the chef's recommendation.

Our empty table came, they ordered the chicken, OMG a half a chicken. wished I ordered it I had lamb, Yum yum either way excellent dishes.

after dinner to the early show because that lady singer second day singing, with the piano player at 2nd half.

He was better than Her , what's his name , do not care, was good not great, not my cup of tea, was not Elton John, sorry?

After the show caught the guest staff jewelry show, wondering ifall were staff. who brings dresses like that onboard, not me Lol. yep they were mixed in 10K stuff to a guest, think not, today I jump overboard with it JK.

after the show up for some tea, and Mini desserts.

Puerto Limon next call Dec 15th 2012

Once again 20 minutes . close the post, locked.

Here is a video clkick its Link, enjoy comment etc......... do not criticize me for what I cannot correct here,:D peace.

Click link or pic for video

We were on the 12/10 Equinox.Many things are different about a TA.The food on our cruise was excellant in all venues and the service some of the best in the DR.We have been on a lot of cruises and our waiter and assistant waiter were top notch.The entire crew friendly and helpful.

The ship is beautiful with many places to sit and read and enjoy a sea view.

You do not achieve Elite status with 6 cruises, 10 minimum unless you transfer RCI Diamond.We earned ours with the number of cruises.

Different strokes for different folks.We will stay with our wonderful Celebrity.;):D

We earned our status with 6 cruises because two were concierge level with double points and 2 were 12 days or longer with double points. Really didn't matter as we were Diamond on Royal anyway.

Tucker in Texas

We earned our status with 6 cruises because two were concierge level with double points and 2 were 12 days or longer with double points. Really didn't matter as we were Diamond on Royal anyway.

Tucker in Texas

Keep me on topic here? did you earn it on the ship I was on? or were you enjoying my review? If so show some Love?:eek:

First, Merry Christmas to everyone.

Thanks for taking time to post the great videos and sharing your thoughts on this cruise. We will be taking the same cruise in 16 days and can't wait for our first Celebrity Experience.

I have a couple of questions.

We plan to do a few ship excursions but would like to tour the towns on our own by foot. Were there any of the stops where you were hounded by locals selling their products? Which ones did you feel safe walking around on your own?

Thank you,

We taken all the ports by the ships excursions. reasons are, if tyoyu go by yourself the ship will leave without you, if you go with the ships people, the ship cannot depart without leaving a staff or the whole ship there?

In my video's I taped most from the start t oend. and edited a lot. So it gives you that feeling of what is safe and not?

By Memory and order of ports"

Cartagena safe. they come up to you big time

Colon not safe at all

Puerto Limon safe they come up to you as well

Roatan hondoras not safe by the looks

Belize safe

Cozomal safe they come up to you big time.

What I can remember by memory.

At port Colon panama I dared not adventure pass the duty free, in Roatan they walk with machine guns , like to say an AK40,47 do not know guns, but the Officials are with guns all over.

I hope some others can join in to answer better. a person said they taken a car and riden around in Roatan. so it cannot be that bad?

Thanks for the info, and how great! I went on Amazon before you posted your reply and ordered exactly the extender that you have pictured. I plan to look like a nerd and ignore the stares! Thank you also for the camera advice, but I already have a Sony Blogger, a different pocket video camera. I got it because it is the only one I could find that is compatible with my Mac computer. I looked at the xshot first, and was ready to buy, but someone commented on Amazon that they had trouble with the videos on their Mac.

Anyway, thanks for the info, and hopefully I will post photos and videos that include ME after our Reflection cruise! :)

Xshot video on mac, has absolutely nothing to do with a monopod and capturing. thesony bloggie on the other hand is a quicktime.mp4 format, that any win/mac can edit with editor software. so yes. maybe that person did not like it for reasons. buit if I read it wrong it is a device to help extend the camera's reach to capture moments. also help stabilize your shots if you know how to hold it. :)

now to the next video and port limon

Thanks for the video! I just showed a few of them to my GF, April will be her first Celebrity cruise and its on the Equinox. I sailed on her in April on a TA. It's my favorite ship to date.

One note @ Cartagena. I was there in October on a Panama Canal cruise. I would like to go back and just got to the old city unescorted to walk around and eat lunch. Everywhere else we went there was a big waste of time, IMO .

Next morning. Awoke, got up went to the top deck to check out the view all around, got some excellent shots. Starboard/right side looking out at the ocean. Port to the land.

We head for breakfast, yep 2lbs of Lox, fruit, and checked the forward to see if we can walk around before our afternoon tour at 1pm.

Back to the room, relaxed a little, and seen some shuttle buses running back and fourth. Just incase the walk is to far?

Off we head out to the Duty free shops. WHy not ask the people at the front outside the ship if these buses are for us. so we did. Excuse us, does the shuttle bus run to the end and back. Staff personel replies "no shuttle buses.

Be aware they do speak the language but do not understand the questions asked to them?

So we did not mind walking 5 minutes because, if you can walk from aft to forward on the ship, you can walk to the shops, Lol was short walk.

we met the bus there. and Internet café in the background, phones to? got a shirt at each port, and some stuff, back to the ship relaxed, watched some shows on deck etc. and ready for the tour

1 hour prior the bus was filling, on we go, off we go, and all we hear is all about the banana plantation, as the workers will be ending their shifts soon. We arrived. got to see how Del Monte ran their labor shops. Workers cleaning , picking, and hauling grosses of banana's in.

We walked the plantation area, some of it, and back on board the bus to head to the train ride. down the road. it was a 3 car train, on the side of a industrial plant of Del monte, and was in a rain forest. As we head to the train the bus pulls right next to it, and we hop in the train w/o leaving the bus Lol.

the train pulls out, hot as could be, I lost 5 lbs before I got off it.

We seen a slothe in the tree, and a holwing Mokey. I felt like I was on a White mountain, near loon NH , the ride was not as nice as a wdw Disney ride Lol

I hear the moneys and the train stops, backs up the track t oget a better view....

before you know it we are off the train, met up with the bus drivers, and taken a few pictures, and off to the egological boat ride?

We see a band playing, told the fruit will be after the ride, so we were able to get some drinks. and on the boat we go.

down river, to see some echards, and turns around heads back up stream. seen moneys slothes, bats, birds. we head further upstream, to turn around, As we were pointed out the animals, the boat gave each side a excellent view.

back down river, before we even got to see the tram over head, back home we go to the slips. we had coconut sithers, watermelon, and pine apple. finish your fruits and head on the bus please. back down this unpaved path we go, headed home to the ship. we are finishing up the tour.

the tour was so so, I say Pass on it do something better. the train too hot, the boat ride short, and better than the train, the plantation was good.

Onboard we go, watch the ship head out, and off to dinner we go, steaks, and desert, and to see a show, that illusionist, glad he picked on the people next to me, I ignored him all together, not here to be picked on, If I was. keeping silence is the best thing, a girl tried that but forced to participate.

Yep got to love it when he insulted the elderly , by telling them they are no good for his show, he prefires a kid.........

well show is over and off we go for some Evening Tea. the next day is at sea all day.

cruising on

mqdefault.jpg

So we are at sea awake , to again a lovely view, and off to breakfast. 2 mre lbs of Lox.

headed to the pool side, got a seat or two, and towels, and a reading book, left it on the chair, not my nook, Lol.

We walked around, watched a show or two, and headed to that $10.00 sale, we wanted one thing, but was in no rush, As we got that item, people were grabbing them left and right. a lady said are you going to take it. yep hats. people die for them?

so back to the room, to the shows and to eating and all that good stuff.

seen the Ice carving, One, called it a sea grass. joke around, about it and maybe you will be repermanded for turning people off. it was an Angle fish, would have walked off If I did not look.

apapella group from sweadon awesome but alright?

later on we headed to dinner, enjoyed it and to the shows, and after back to the shoppig to exchange the hats they refuse to put out for others, that were of the same price.

a peacefull day, and off to our excursion the next day. Belize I believeze it is.

so yep evening tea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkRfm6oc8yU

mqdefault.jpg

Archived