See Through Shower & Tub Windows? Yes!

KJE Atlanta

This issue came up in my review of Epic's suite #16001 ... (posts 43, 44, 47, and 48): http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1711317&highlight=16001.

Posters rajones007and sdmike were wondering whether the windows in the suite bathrooms were see-through or one-way...particularly at night when lights inside were turned on. I said I thought they were mirrored and that people wouldn't be able to see through them. I now stand corrected. We were back on the Epic again for Thanksgiving this year and in a spa suite. We were docked alongside the Gem while in St. Maarten. As the sun was setting and we were out on the balcony getting ready for sailaway, we noticed.... Wow, you really can see straight into the bathrooms! :eek: Fortunately, nobody was in there! I felt a little like a Peeping Tom - but my Cruise Critic responsibilities had to trump that concern so I grabbed my camera. Pictures of a couple suite bathrooms viewed from outside are below (and one picture showing the beautiful St. Maarten sunset too!). Now, granted, this doesn't 100% answer the question about the Epic's suite bathroom windows since we on the Epic looking at the Gem - but it will make me pull the shade down whenever we're in port!

IMG_1400.jpg?t=1356288012

IMG_1401.jpg?t=1356288004

st1.jpg?t=1356287975

(intentionally blurred the face of the passenger sitting on his balcony)

IMG_1405.jpg?t=1356287991

Funny you brought this up! We were on the Gem over Thanksgiving and I remember when we saw the Epic in St. Maarten I did see the suite showers and thought to myself, how interesting. I noticed that when we were looking for our old balcony room on the Epic. We sailed the Epic two years ago (it was my first cruise). I also felt a little peepish....but didn't see anything. HOWEVER, I've seen the same issue on a HAL ship and did see some skin that time.

We just came back from a suite with this bathroom and windows. Yes, 100% see through but there's a shade. Overall the best suite we ever had, loved it.

We also just returned from the Jewel in this suite. Had no problem with the windows. In fact, love the view from the bed.

Who cares if anyone saw you, they don't know you and would never see you again.

That line of reasoning led me to the Freestyle Deck on the Epic....did it once. However, the suites look nice and I would take a bath without lowering the shade ;-).

Archived