Getting from West Palm Beach

rebeltech8

Hi all, wondering if you have some suggestions for me.

We live in the Midwest and flights seem abnormally high this year. We are traveling on thr Ruby Princess mid-march and flights were running about $1200-$1400 for both of us round trip. When the cost of flights are near 75% of the total cruise price, we start to balk.

Anyway, we found a cheap flight to West Palm Beach, arriving near midnight. We are staying over night then need to get to Ft. Lauderdale.

For, those of you that might have done this in the past, what's the best way to get there? Cab, car rental, shuttle, horseback :-)

Thanks guys...

You might want to check the Tri-Rail schedule - I think it goes from the West Palm airport to the FLL airport and then there would be a shuttle ride to the cruise port - might be worth it - otherwise there are shuttle services - and a one way rental would probably be more cost effective.

Yep, just rent a car. Can't say for sure if all the PBI rentals are open 24 hours, but Budget's site says they are at least. It would be better to just pick the car up at night instead of going to get it in the morning. The rental locations in Ft Lauderdale are all pretty close to the port (either city locations or the airport). Alamo and National have free shuttle from the airport, the other companies have free shuttles from their city locations. When you book a rental, keep checking their site to see if the prices go down. When I rented from PBI last year, my original booking was going to be about $80 for a minivan, and when I checked the day before we arrived, I got it for $35 all in. Same deal for next month in Cape Canaveral, the van went down to $60 from $90.

I'm a night person, so I would drive to the FLL area and stay there, as traffic will be practically non-existent that late at night. But there shouldn't be any issue on a weekend morning with the drive down either, and you should be there in under an hour.

Archived