Room Service

UpcountryTravelers

One more little complaint:

When I went with HAL, the room service menu was much better. Princess's motivated me to leave the room.

But my complaint is the coffee carafe. HAL's I could leave it half full and return in the afternoon and it'd still be warm. Princess's was cold after less than an hour, even if full.

• 1 month later...

When I went with HAL, the room service menu was much better.

Princess's motivated me to leave the room.

But my complaint is the coffee carafe. HAL's I could leave it half full and return in the afternoon and it'd still be warm.

Princess's was cold after less than an hour, even if full.[/quote

This is my favorite video about room service:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_pC3uzI4x4

Enjoy

When I went with HAL, the room service menu was much better. Princess's motivated me to leave the room.

But my complaint is the coffee carafe. HAL's I could leave it half full and return in the afternoon and it'd still be warm. Princess's was cold after less than an hour, even if full.

Have you even seen the room service menu from Royal Caribbean? Went on our first RC in January and was really let down by theirs. RC offered a fraction of what Princess does....not much of a selection.

My morning coffee on the Dawn Princess was tepid when delivered, and I nicely asked the young Asian lady who delivererd it to ensure that it was hot next time.

She told me that they were instructed to deliver it in this state becuase the company was fearful of being sued if the coffee was scalding hot, and I spilled some on myself.

HELLO?

I love the video - I hope that lady is on my next cruise in 14 days - she can be a food consultant - peanut butter on 'white' bread, and UHT milk.

Different approach. HAL's buffet closes tighter than a drum ridiculously early for breakfast, lunch and dinner so you have no options other than room service or the grill for a late breakfast, lunch or dinner. The Princess buffet is fully open with a wide variety of food options from about 5:30am until 11pm. Just a different approach to dining options.

Thanks for posting the room service menu, it certainly seems to have expanded since I last cruised with princess (admittedly a number of years). Our next cruise will be our first with a balcony so we may well use room service for the first time :)

• 4 weeks later...

On other lines that only serve continential breakfast, I have written in an item from the 24 hour menu such as the club sandwich for my breakfast. I know Princess has the mcmuffin type sandwich. But if I wanted the club sandwich would they deliver that?

On other lines that only serve continential breakfast, I have written in an item from the 24 hour menu such as the club sandwich for my breakfast. I know Princess has the mcmuffin type sandwich. But if I wanted the club sandwich would they deliver that?

Yes, anything on the room service menu is available 24 hours a day (except disembarkation morning).

I have written in HOT food items on my breakfast order many, many times on all my PCL cruises and have always had everything I wrote in delivered to my cabin. I have written items such as Scrabble Eggs to Eggs Benedict. PCL staff have been VERY good to me with delivering these great food request...and I always reward the staff with a VERY good tip for bringing my request for my breakfast.

As for the 'gal' (IMHO she isn't a 'lady' by the foul language she used) in the video....she admits she is pregnant, but IMHO she looks like she is drunk or high on drugs. I pity the room service staff who had to deal with her room service order! :(:mad:

Thanks for the info. Just back from Island Princess after Celebrity Reflection in January. Princess could learn from them, their room service choices are MUCH greater. After 9 cruises with Princess, we are quite tired of the limited - boring by now - breakfast choices. (But I must say, Princess is still our favorite cruise line overall.)

This may seem like a silly question but how do you tip if you aren't paying with your cruise card? Also coming from the UK where our tip culture is different how do I know how much is usual to tip for things like room service etc?

Thanks

I have written in specifics on the hangtag breakfast order form they leave in the room. Like a veggie omelet. I have always received what I specified. Also, I always tipped generously for that.

This may seem like a silly question but how do you tip if you aren't paying with your cruise card? Also coming from the UK where our tip culture is different how do I know how much is usual to tip for things like room service etc?

Thanks

When room service delivers, you have to sign for it and you have the opportunity to add a tip to the ticxket. I always add 15-20% as the tip and I base the amount what I would pay for that item in the USA.

Thanks

For room service, tip from the heart.

My DW likes her coffee as soon as she wakes, so we always hang a door-tag the night before.

WE always bring a wad of small bills for the purpose of tipping.

If the server is terse or crabby they may get a little less than normal ( a few dollars)

However, we usually have great servers.

I like to see how they react, seeing me in my underwear.:eek: ...at the same time, a substantial tip.

I could only imagine MY reaction if the young lady in the previous video showed as the server. What fun !;)

In case you missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_pC3uzI4x4

Archived