Passenger Choir on Celebrity?

NSWP

Coming up for my first Celebrity Cruise, hence the query:

'Do the Celebrity ships (Solstice in my case) have a passenger choir, like the Princess Pop Choirs I have sung with on that Line?'

interesting.We are taking our first Celebrity cruise next summer.As i make my living teaching singing, i might see if i can organize a daily sing, as my husband teaches music too, so can play piano. That would be such fun and i can garentee that by the end of the 2 weeks we will be able to give a little concert. What fun !!!

I was disappointed that there was no High C's choir on Celebrity Constellation during the TA this past December 2012. Often the assignment goes to the a capella group and it seems that Top Shelf on this sailing was of a new mix of members ( my understanding when I asked). Also, there was no Dancing with the Stripes as "it hasn't been missed".

My guess is that the Cruise Director makes the call as to what flies and what doesn't. If the CD likes or dislikes a certain event determines if it is a go or not???

I was disappointed that there was no High C's choir on Celebrity Constellation during the TA this past December 2012. Often the assignment goes to the a capella group and it seems that Top Shelf on this sailing was of a new mix of members ( my understanding when I asked). Also, there was no Dancing with the Stripes as "it hasn't been missed".

My guess is that the Cruise Director makes the call as to what flies and what doesn't. If the CD likes or dislikes a certain event determines if it is a go or not???

Really? Every cruise I have taken lately has had Dancing With The

Stripes and it is very well attended and everyone looked like they

had a great time to me....actually I was a judge on Summit last

month:D.

If the CD likes it or not determines if the event is held?:eek:

Never heard that one before.

I really think Passenger Choirs are a great concept, good entertainment for all.

'

Gooday Les

I absolutely agree...but Shirley is VERY nervouse about me participating in such a group...concerned mainly that I would introduce some of my own work into the repetoir.(sic)

Sure, I have a selection of original songs that I like to trot out at times...a little in the Kevin Bloody Wilson style, including "Where would you be without your Bottom"; "What are you like in Bed my dear";and "I come from a good home..thats why they don't want me back".

I also do some of Kevin's stuff, like "I've got a tongue thats ten inches long" and the famous Telephone song.

Might be more appropriate to P&O rather than Celebrity :D

Like the idea of catching up some time on a cruise rather than just passing by on the gangway..so to speak.

cheers

There was a passenger choir on our last Millennium Caribbean sailing, December 2010. They performed once or twice towards the end of the cruise, on the main staircase. It seemed to be an initiative of the cruise director.

• 1 year later...
Coming up for my first Celebrity Cruise, hence the query:

'Do the Celebrity ships (Solstice in my case) have a passenger choir, like the Princess Pop Choirs I have sung with on that Line?'

I just returned from a wonderful cruise for 2 week aboard the "Celebrity Eclipse". I was a member of a passenger choir, there were 44 of us. We had a great time and made some wonderful friends. We sang "Frozen" the song that won the academy award recently. Also 2 songs from "Le Mez".

I've been on many cruises, on many different lines and Celebrity is fast becoming my favorite.

Sue

We had a choir on our Nov. 16th Equinox Med cruise. As was said, I think it depends on the Activity Staff - if there is someone interested and able to coordinate it. My dad, who enjoys singing in a choir at home, participated in it.

They met for "rehearsal" on the first sea day, then again 1 other evening and on the other sea day. Each rehearsal was no more than 1 hour long, then they sang in the lobby on the last night. There were approx 50 people in the choir, and the lobby was filled with people watching their "performance" - more than any other live performer during the cruise!

It was fun for him to participate in, and was really neat to see.

My husband has joined a guest choir on 3 out of 4 of of our last cruises.

Eclipse 2010- performed at passenger concert on last afternoon. Led by Carl Purcel, activities staff member.

Eclipse 2013- performed between dinner sittings in the lobby near guest relations, between dinner sittings, on the last Formal night. Led by one of the Production show singers.

Infinity 2013 led by Infinity orchestra leader. Performed at passenger concert on last sea day ( afternoon)

All these cruises were 14 days +.