my world is still rocking

abqmommyof4

:D yup as others have stated it is mal de debarkment, and it can last a long time. My doctor stated it was swellling in your brain from the movement and it take a bit of time for the swelling to go down. He perscribes anti inflamitories or you can just take over the counter ones.

We use to get it really bad when we would land in port or once we got home but now we take an advil as soon as we feel something and it seems to help.

It works for us.

And we rarely have bad symptoms the more we have cruised.

the main key is more cruising :p

Taking Bonine really helps. I can never predict when this will happen to me - it seems really random.

Have you tried the generic version of Bonine which is meclizine and much cheaper? My wife is prone to all types of motion sickness & she never leaves home without her meclizine.

i am glad i am not the only one! i am very sensitive to changes in my environment. elevation changes really screw me up.

so of course i was pretty sensitive to the motion onboard during my 10 day cruise, and felt it for at least a week after getting home.

about 48 hours after getting home, i attended my husband's family christmas party. i was feeling the motion pretty bad and was slightly dizzy. a "wave" of motion hit me so bad i leaned forward, grabbed the table, and asked my husband "did you feel that one?" sitting in a dining room, it felt just as it had when a wave hit the ship, stomach flip and all.

next time, i'll know there's medicine out there to help!

Archived