Silhouette Review with Pictures - Dec 23 - 30, 2012 E Caribbean

travelingirl70

What is an alcove? A cabana? what is the cost to rent one?

What is a wine card?

Is there a fee to dine at the Lawn Club Grill?

Thank you. 1st time on X - Eclipse in February.

Hi:) the Alcoves are up on deck 15...it is like a canvas material with

seats on the inside and a table. (open in front) You can rent them for

the day. I think it is 149.00 on a sea day and 100.00 on a port day.

The Lawn Club is 40.00 per person and the food is delicious. I

highly recommend it:) and it is outside up on deck 15 too.

Thanks for the great review and fabulous pictures! DH and I will be on the Silhouette 2/10 and those photos are making us salivate. We were disappointed with Murano when we were on the Silhouette in October. Now we have to decide which of these specialty restaurants to try this time. Such good choices!

There are lots of nasty bugs running around out there. Hope you feel better soon.

Sheila

Hi:) the Alcoves are up on deck 15...it is like a canvas material with

seats on the inside and a table. (open in front) You can rent them for

the day. I think it is 149.00 on a sea day and 100.00 on a port day.

The Lawn Club is 40.00 per person and the food is delicious. I

highly recommend it:) and it is outside up on deck 15 too.

What is a wine card?

Does the specialty restaurant embarkation day special of 3 restaurants for 70.00 include the Lawn Club!

Take good care!

To all those following along -- sorry for stopping my review so suddenly, but I came down with a monster head cold. Work and sleep has been about all I can handle. Slowly starting to feel better so I plan to resume my review this weekend. Plenty more to add!

Thank you for your series of posts/reviews. Your narrative and pictures have been fantastic. One of the best I've seen on here. Take care of your cold and thank you again for taking the time.

I'm thinking of booking the Silhouette for December 2013, the week before the Christmas cruise. It would be myself and my son (who will be 21). We're torn between this cruise (beautiful ship, would love to try Celebrity again after an absence of many years) versus the Crown Princess (a known quantity; we like their variety of entertainment options particularly).

Could you comment, since you traveled with teens, on entertainment options? Is there late night comedy or other types of entertainment in addition to the set shows? What did your kids like to do? Were there many younger adults on board?

Thanks and looking forward to your continued fantastic review and photos!

• 2 months later...

Thank you so much for your review. It is fantastic. Gosh all that lovely food made me really hungry :)

Myself and my daughter are going on Silhouette in November 2013 for an Italy and Adriatic cruise. I would love to try the Lawn Club Grill but not sure it will be warm enough to sit outside. Do you think they would put the roof on at that time of year to keep warm?

My daughter is turning 18 on this cruise the day after we embark, so I am hoping she will have a wonderful time. Like the cruiser before me, I would also like to know what you thought of the entertainment on board for teens?

We recently went on Carnival and really loved their Piano bar and spent most of our nights before and after shows singing along in the Piano bar. I heard that Silhouette has turned their Piano bar into a beer bar, so that is a bit of a pity.

Thank you again :)

• 8 months later...

Oh, I so much wish the OP would have finished her review. I was enjoying it so much.

Does anyone know more about the Lawn Club Grill? It is $40.00 extra?

What kind of food is on the menu?

Was it worth it or just stick with the Main Dining Room?

We are sailing on the Silhouette on 3/2/14 Eastern Caribbean.

Thanks for the help