Please Describe The Embarkation Lunch..

cruisecrasy

The MDR will not be open.

Lunch will be available at the Buffet, in the Aqua Spa Cafe, or at the Hamburger Grill. Lunch is also available at Bistro on 5, for a $5 charge.

Bite-size snack sandwiches are available from Cafe al Bacio, for no charge, although there is a charge for drinks. You can take-away these little sandwiches.

What ship are you on? There may be other options specific to your ship.

Please describe the embarkation lunch and where/when its offered.

Thanks so much in advance..:)

Hi Cruisecrasy,

I'd also like to suggest that you if you do not wish to deal with the hustle and bustle of the Buffet, you might wish to consider Bistro on Five. It's $5.00 per person, but excellent value for the $$$. The soup, crepes & paninis are delicious... and it's a great way to start your cruise on a more relaxing note. I highly recommend it !

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Hi Cruisecrasy,

I'd also like to suggest that you if you do not wish to deal with the hustle and bustle of the Buffet, you might wish to consider Bistro on Five. It's $5.00 per person, but excellent value for the $$$. The soup, crepes & paninis are delicious... and it's a great way to start your cruise on a more relaxing note. I highly recommend it !

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

I second and third the Bistro on Five! That is exactly what we plan to do in a few weeks :D

We love the Aqua Spa Cafe. Usually not crowded and that wonderful Salmon grilled to perfection (also chicken breast), or other light fare.

I don't see a restaurant called Aqua Spa Cafe on the celebrity website ? Where is it, is it called something else ?

I don't see a restaurant called Aqua Spa Cafe on the celebrity website ? Where is it, is it called something else ?

If you go to the restaurants main page, it is under Casual dining. Here is a link directly to it however.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level3Type4.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes_cafes_casual_dining&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes

Yes, the secret is out about the Aqua Spa Cafe -- but we'll go anyway on embarkation (love their yoghurt parfaits). Still haven't tried Bistro on 5 -- heard nothing but good about the place and $5.

On our recent Christmas cruise on Silhouette, we went up to the Porch and it was perfect. No crowds, nice sandwich, a chance to enjoy the lawn and room for our 3 year old grandson to run around. I was the family hero for knowing that tip thanks to CC! Oceanview was an absolute madhouse...people pulling rollaboards around, no seats...we felt like we had hit the lottery!

Yes, the secret is out about the Aqua Spa Cafe -- but we'll go anyway on embarkation (love their yoghurt parfaits). Still haven't tried Bistro on 5 -- heard nothing but good about the place and $5.

I was writing about Bistro, the secret is out about Bistro....

I am probably in the minority here, but I like the hustle bustle of the embarkation buffet. Everyone is so excited to be onboard, so many choices, the first glimpse of the staff that work so hard to serve you, it gets me excited to think about it :D However...on the next several days onboard...a quiet lunch at one of the options like The Porch or the Bistro on 5...sounds fab ;)

One thing you can be assured of is that the Oceanview Cafe (the buffet) on embarkation day is bedlam! No matter what ship you're on. ;)

I noticed that you just sailed the Equinox on the same itinerary we're booked on in February. I was wondering if you kept your dailies and if you could possibly either post them or email them to me? :D

This is great - many thanks to all who posted, it is much appreciated...:)

I am on Century in late April and wld like to know what sort of food is available at the Buffet?

Does she have a Bistro on Five & Aqua Spa Cafe?

Thanking in advance all who respond :)

This is great - many thanks to all who posted, it is much appreciated...:)

I am on Century in late April and wld like to know what sort of food is available at the Buffet?

Does she have a Bistro on Five & Aqua Spa Cafe?

Thanking in advance all who respond :)

Century has Aqua Spa Cage but does not have Bistro...

Please describe the embarkation lunch and where/when its offered.

Thanks so much in advance..:)

Don't mean to sound flippant, but I have to say that the first thing that came in to my mind was "It looks like a large larger at the Sunset Bar!" I've not posted that reply for 2 days, but it is the first thing that comes in to my mind!

The only reason for this comment is that we have videos of us on the Silhouette last August at 11.30am at the Sunset Bar with me (5ft size 8 UK) with the largest glass of larger you have very seen just loving every minute of just getting onboard! (I don't even drink larger but they didn't do half a larger!!!!)

We waited in the Bar over looking Venice until we were called to our cabin - then we went to the Buffet area. It was really quiet then (about 12.45am) and we then have our first, wonderful meal of the ship.

I love those first few hours on the ship -- would eat anything, anywhere !

:D:D

I am probably in the minority here, but I like the hustle bustle of the embarkation buffet. Everyone is so excited to be onboard, so many choices, the first glimpse of the staff that work so hard to serve you, it gets me excited to think about it :D However...on the next several days onboard...a quiet lunch at one of the options like The Porch or the Bistro on 5...sounds fab ;)

We like doing the buffet when embarking too because of the buzz and our excitement about cruising again. However, we try to get on as soon as we can (first few waves after the early embarkation), head straight to the buffet for a quick meal, and then start checking out the ship.

On the otherhand, I can understand if frequent cruisers getting tired of the buffet routine or others looking for a more quieter place for lunch.

Archived