Hotels in Miami

Pugs

We stayed at the Intercontinental on Chopin Drive. It's a short walk to Bayside Market and there are lots of restaurants and bars in the area. A CVS is two blocks away.

Search the Miami section of the Ports of Call forum (linked in a post above) and you'll find info on saving some money when booking.

We stayed at the Intercontinental on Chopin Drive. It's a short walk to Bayside Market and there are lots of restaurants and bars in the area. A CVS is two blocks away.

Search the Miami section of the Ports of Call forum (linked in a post above) and you'll find info on saving some money when booking.

Ron, I don't see the link

If you do look at the Intercontinental I would call directly, people have told me it's saying "no rooms available" on multiple dates, including the day we needed in May and I just checked the dates for the OP and got the same message :) We have also stayed at the HI and enjoyed our stay there, nice and close to Bayside and we had a nice view of the ship when we woke up on cruise day~

Our favorite place to stay is Embassy Suites...they have a shuttle from airport, happy hour with free drinks and snacks every night, great breakfast, cooked to order omlet station....nice pool, clean rooms and a shuttle for $10.00/person to the port. I feel it is a great deal for the money....have fun!

We just booked at the beachparadisehotel.com for our pre-cruise night's stay. Its about 20 mins from the pier but will give my wife and I a Sat night South Beach experience. Also its pretty reasonably priced (compared to the other hotels close to the pier.

The Holiday Inn Port of Miami is great. It's right across the street from Bayside Market and just down the street from CVS for any last minutes. It's not fancy but it's our first choice. We have also stayed at the Marriott downtown twice just bc Priceline offered a better price. We would choose Holiday Inn if we could get the same price.

We stayed at Embassy Suites and took a cab from Hotel to port. However, that was by choice. We love Embasssy Suites for the value. You have managers reception from 5:30-7:30 (unlimited drinks). And you cook to order breakfast in the mornings. :):):)

It would help if you'd provide your arrival time, desired budget, how many in the room, and any other needs/wants/particulars. :confused:

Arriving late and just want dinner and a clean room? Check out hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA (Hampton Inn, Sofitel, Homewood Suites and others) - free airport shuttles and shopping and dining options within walking distance. Most can arrange for shuttle service to POM for $10 per person, or you can cab it for under $30 per cab. The ride to POM will take about 15 or so minutes.

Arriving ealrier and want to stay near the port? Downtown Miami hotels are closest to POM, but none offer free shuttle from MIA or to POM. A taxi from MIA will cost about $26+tip and another $10-12 cab ride will get you to POM the next day. Check out the Hyatt, Doubletree, Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, Marriott, & Intercontinental.

Arriving early enough and want to be on the beach? Miami Beach is the "Miami" you see in the movies and on TV shows -- it is a separate city from Miami, and the hotels there tend to be smaller and more expensive -- they also offer great dining, nightlife and a world class beach. A taxi to South Beach from MIA will run $32+ and another $15+ cab will get you to POM.

Good luck! :)

Archived