OC complimentary logo tote bag

Roccoforte

how big are they? Big enough for the beach with fins and masks, or should I bring my own?

You'll want to bring your own.

Those Logo bags are just a shade larger than the cloth grocery bags which are being sold in supermarkets now.

My OC bag is 17 inches wide and 17 inches deep - a really good size. I hope this helps.

Yes, but weren't you sailing in a Suite? All logo bags are not created equal.

Yes, but weren't you sailing in a Suite? All logo bags are not created equal.

Do suites get smaller bags???

You would think it would be the same bag for all the cabins that get them

Lyn

Yes, that is the Penthouse size.. are they different on the normal rooms? Thanks for pointing that out.

There are none in "normal" cabins. Concierge veranda and above get them and they are all the same. We have a collection and wish they would come up with something else as we are using them as White Elephant Christmas gifts:D

We prefer our own bags as we know exactly what we need and where everything fits.

I would bring your own.

Are the bags sturdy enough to use as a carry on when bringing back souvenirs. Does anyone have a picture of the bag?

Thanks.

They are sturdy and good quality, with a zipper closure along the top.

1407.jpg

you should be able to use them for everything except the fins...they might stick out too much but mask, snorkel, wet/dry bathing suits, snacks and ours has zippers so you shouldn't lose anything. Ours are divided inside and there is a small pocket inside as well which is nice for keys/cards.

We love ours and keep them stashed between the 2 cars as they are great for carrying "damp" things from the grocery but also are great for library books, wet flip flops, etc.

There are none in "normal" cabins. Concierge veranda and above get them and they are all the same. We have a collection and wish they would come up with something else as we are using them as White Elephant Christmas gifts:D

We prefer our own bags as we know exactly what we need and where everything fits.

I would bring your own.

If you don't like them, already have a collection of them and prefer to bring your own, why do you keep taking them?

yes, they are sturdy enough to be a carry on for the plane. I always use mine to carry back anything I have purchased that is breakable or generally fragile and it stows nicely at my feet.

Since I only bring 1 carry on, I rely on the O bag for my return trip home!

I always take one or two in my suitcase placed flat on the bottom or rolled up. They are great for taking to the pool, wrapping grungy wet shoes in, at Caribbean/Med beach ports, and in the cabin I often stash snacks in it (no, I don't put the snacks in with the gnarly shoes.)

Our young person has inherited some and puts them in the car and utility room to grab when taking the wee one somewhere. I think they are well made and find the material very practical.

As I said in an earlier post, one holds my fragile purchases and I hand carry the bag through the airport lines. They also make for excellent PR; I carried on quite an animated conversation with a woman in an airport about O after she saw the logo on the bag going through security. I think I sold her!! c

I always take one or two in my suitcase placed flat on the bottom or rolled up. They are great for taking to the pool, wrapping grungy wet shoes in, at Caribbean/Med beach ports, and in the cabin I often stash snacks in it (no, I don't put the snacks in with the gnarly shoes.)

Our young person has inherited some and puts them in the car and utility room to grab when taking the wee one somewhere. I think they are well made and find the material very practical.

As I said in an earlier post, one holds my fragile purchases and I hand carry the bag through the airport lines. They also make for excellent PR; I carried on quite an animated conversation with a woman in an airport about O after she saw the logo on the bag going through security. I think I sold her!! c

Just be careful as they are larger than the allowed carry-on. On our last flight from Europe, on Lufthansa which has a reputation, a representative walked around the departure lounge with a measuring tape and scale and check every bag for size and weight. He made quite a few people check their carry-ons with much screaming and gnashing of teeth. Don't know how strict other airlines but if it happens it is no fun.

We also saw a woman in Athens show up with three straw bags filled with "souvenirs" for her grandchildren (She announced to everyone). The clerk told her she could only carry one on board and the other two would have to be checked at the extra bag fee. Her husband was not happy! Since they could not be zipped closed we last saw them going to the shops to buy an extra piece of luggage to pack everything in.

It is my impression that the airlines are getting much stricter with the full planes.

By the way we have been in Concierge Veranda and gotten two.

It must depend on the sailing. We've been in Penthouse and Concierge (sadly never higher, but maybe one day!) and we've also only received one among our four sailings aboard O.

wow...I've flown with all of the major carriers, some of whom are not US carriers and have had no problem with using O bags as carry ons. Legal size is 22x14x9 and since I never fill mine all the way up, they fit easily under the seat in front of me especially with the top zipped and folded over.

In fact my last flighst were BritAir and Luft and no one gave me a second look. Of course, it was one of 2 bags, the other being a small back pack that stowed overhead so I wasn't a target for the airline personnel.

I agree that some people are trying to take way too much on board so I understand personnel having to hold passengers accountable.

Archived