New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

Our TA got the promotion for us and we upgraded to Premium but now on our reservation we are no longer checked-in for our 2/24/13 sailing. Has anyone one else had this happen? Maybe I will give it a few days to "let the dust settle"!?

Exactly what happened to us...after a few days...now says booked

Does anyone know for sure if the Classic Bev package they are offering on the 123 Promo includes the coffee bar for espressos and cappuccinos, or do you have to upgrade to the Premium package. Also when you upgrade to the Premium package, do you just pay the difference in the two packages? We are thinking of booking for next year and are tending towards picking this option. Thanks.

Does anyone know for sure if the Classic Bev package they are offering on the 123 Promo includes the coffee bar for espressos and cappuccinos, or do you have to upgrade to the Premium package. Also when you upgrade to the Premium package, do you just pay the difference in the two packages? We are thinking of booking for next year and are tending towards picking this option. Thanks.

I am not sure which coffees are included in the classic package but when we upgraded from the classic 123 promo we paid $11.50/day per person. Great deal in my opinion.

Yes, most of the espressos and cappuccinos are included. See this thread for a discussion of the exceptions:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1769964

Mike

Edited by mandream

We want to offer our customers the best offer available, so existing bookings, including the Reserved or Open Passage bookings can convert to our current 123go offer, but will need to change their cruise price to prevailing rates (current pricing) and release any previous offers. Please call us to make the necessary changes to your booking, our staff will advise you of the current pricing and review the best offer for you. Remember time is limited, so call us today!

Happy Cruising

Celebrity Cruises Manager (E.S.P.)

I was very pleased that Celebrity let me cancel my $200 gift card match in order to take advantage of this great promotion without having to cancel and rebook. The customer service rep. I spoke to was very professional and helpful.

We want to offer our customers the best offer available, so existing bookings, including the Reserved or Open Passage bookings can convert to our current 123go offer, but will need to change their cruise price to prevailing rates (current pricing) and release any previous offers. Please call us to make the necessary changes to your booking, our staff will advise you of the current pricing and review the best offer for you. Remember time is limited, so call us today!

Happy Cruising

Happy Cruising

If we booked prior (under 1,2,3go) to the 1/2 priced deposit offer, will CC let us get a partial refund for the full deposit?

Thanks!!

Happy Cruising

Thank you for your post on this thread and for allowing many of us to upgrade to the drink package. I took advantage of the 123go offer and I am looking forward to my cruise on the Silhouette in April.:):)

BILL:)

I need advice here also please. We have a booking for Celbrity Millennium May 28 . We are from Australiua booked with a USA agent . We have paid in full , and see that we are outside the 75 day penalty for cancellation. Would we be able to cancell and rebook to take advantage of the promotion. We have an ordinary inside cabin on Continental deck so no loss there! I also see our travel agant is offering the cruise at a much discounted rate than we paid also . Should we cancel and rebook anyway ?? Any advice would be appreciated:confused:

As far as I know (but this might be only for the OZ-NZ cruises) that wave promotion is not for insides only the higher categories. My advise is to check with your TA and upgrade to a higher category for less of your original booking. The 75 penalty date does not apply to this promotion, as even pax has received it after final payment date.

But like Andy says, check with your TA.

After all it is only an e-mail away:)

Happy Cruising

Nice to see that celebrity want to give their customers the best deal possible.

BUT NOT IF YOU RESIDE IN THE UNITED KINGDOM.

We aren't being allowed this great promotion. So will be on a ship where a lot of the passengers have a free drink package. But we will need to purchase one at $550 per person.

Lovely!!!!!!

From the sticky above:

-- If booking onboard until 1/27, would the guest obtain the booking onboard OBC PLUS their choice(s) from the 123 promotion?

No those offers are not combinable.

My question is...Are there any benefits to book on board if you plan on using the 123 promotion? Also, I'm a new elite and my next booking will be my first as an elite. Are there any booking benefits from being an elite if you plan on using the 123 promotion?

We aren't being allowed this great promotion. So will be on a ship where a lot of the passengers have a free drink package. But we will need to purchase one at $550 per person.

Lovely!!!!!!

If it makes you feel any better not all of your fellow passengers may qualify either.

We are on B2B cruises from January 28 - March 4.

The first cruise (where we're paying FULL, absolutely no discount of any kind fare) starts 3 days too early to qualify and on the second (where we were able to get a discount) it would cost over $1000 each to revert back to "prevailing" rates.

So lots of people, not just Brits, are caught in their Catch 22!

Funny thing is that I was fine with what I had until now, when I feel I'm somehow being either a sucker or cheated.

Lovely!!!!!!

Sorry, maybe I'm missing something. I understand your problem if you book through a UK agent as this promo is not allowed and I also see Australian's saying the same, so don't book through them, by the way I'm Australian. Just book through a US agent. I book al of my cruises through a US agent and am getting all of the benefits. I have two cruises booked now with the 123 promo through a US agent. I also don't understand the issue of not seeing it in your currency, just do the conversion, if it is good then book it. There is nothing to say you can't book something in US$'s on your UK or Australian credit card. Maybe I'm missing something but it is working for me.. I don't understand the issue but if someone can tell me I'm missing something I'm happy to listen...

Chamina

Yes, I realise that not everyone in the US (and elsewhere) is able to get certain deals, but the cruise we are due to sail on has the promotion (but not for us). I know there will be numerous people with the free drink package on board.

Aussie

I have considered the US TA angle, but we've already paid a deposit of £1200 (sterling), which we lose in full in the UK. We did have obc of $200, so taking into account what we are paying for the cruise, then I can see us saving about £200 per person if we had to cancel and rebook. Currently trying to figure it out if its going to be worth it - we've got 4 cabins together in a good location. Theres also the hassle of booking over the internet/telephone. I have done some digging about US TA's, but as no one on this site is able to post any recommendations, then it is a hit or a miss whether I'll be getting a good one or not. Hopefully on my next cruise I'll speak to fellow cruisers who will be able to give me some advice. As from now on we will not be booking in the UK again!!!!

If it makes you feel any better not all of your fellow passengers may qualify either.

The first cruise (where we're paying FULL, absolutely no discount of any kind fare) starts 3 days too early to qualify and on the second (where we were able to get a discount) it would cost over $1000 each to revert back to "prevailing" rates.

Funny thing is that I was fine with what I had until now, when I feel I'm somehow being either a sucker or cheated.

I don't know why you feel cheated. Sounds like you got a great deal on your cruise. We are in a similar position with our next cruise, which we booked very early, costing us over $1,000 less than current pricing so that it makes no sense to adjust to get the promo package. Frankly, I'm very happy that we have the lower pricing and happy with our decision to book early. If you step back and think about it you might find that you're looking at your glass as being half empty (i.e. no drink package) as opposed to half full (i.e. saving over $1,000).

Lovely!!!!!!

Normally we pay in £'s what US passengers pay in $ i e $ 899 often translates to £899= more expensive.

We in UK also loose our deposits if we cancel.

Maybe we could have a statement from Celebrity as to why we are treated as 2nd class passengers. As you said,from February onwards, some of our fellow passengers will be 'living it up' while those of us from UK will have to pay for our drinks.

There is nothing to say you can't book something in US$'s on your UK or Australian credit card. Maybe I'm missing something but it is working for me.. I don't understand the issue but if someone can tell me I'm missing something I'm happy to listen...

2aussiecruisers

As far as I am aware you need a USA address to book with a US agent--- unless of course this has changed very recently.

Edited by upwarduk

I don't know why you feel cheated. Sounds like you got a great deal on your cruise. We are in a similar position with our next cruise, which we booked very early, costing us over $1,000 less than current pricing so that it makes no sense to adjust to get the promo package. Frankly, I'm very happy that we have the lower pricing and happy with our decision to book early. If you step back and think about it you might find that you're looking at your glass as being half empty (i.e. no drink package) as opposed to half full (i.e. saving over $1,000).

Larry

If you read my whole post did you notice where I said the first 18 days are at absolutely no discount at all , but starts 3 days too soon to be eligible.

If we were just going on the second cruise I would feel as you do.

It's the combination of falling through the cracks on every end that is frustrating.

And I repeat, we were VERY happy with all of it until I read of so many people finding ways to qualify.

We don't drink enough to justify buying the drink package so it just would have been fun to have it to try things I wouldn't normally try.

And, in the end, we'll go and still have a great vacation!

Looking at my reservations, does it show somewhere that the drink package has been purchased?

My TA was supposed to purchase the drink package for me for the 123go promotion and he said he did it yesterday but I don't see it anywhere on my reservations online. Yesterday my reservation said on hold for 24 hours. (Its paid in full, I cruise next month) It doesn't show that now but I still don't see where the drink purchase has been purchased.

Looking at my reservations, does it show somewhere that the drink package has been purchased?

My TA was supposed to purchase the drink package for me for the 123go promotion and he said he did it yesterday but I don't see it anywhere on my reservations online. Yesterday my reservation said on hold for 24 hours. (Its paid in full, I cruise next month) It doesn't show that now but I still don't see where the drink purchase has been purchased.

If the package is linked to the 123 promotion, I do not believe you can see it online. Ask your TA for a copy of the booking confirmation. That's where it will appear. Keep in mind that it may take several days or more, to appear on your booking. I hope this helps !

I don't see it anywhere online with Celebrity. I do see it in the updated invoice from my TA. FWIW I have never seen any Celebrity OBC or other promotion on their website when I look at my reservation.

If the package is linked to the 123 promotion, I do not believe you can see it online. Ask your TA for a copy of the booking confirmation. That's where it will appear. Keep in mind that it may take several days or more, to appear on your booking. I hope this helps !

Thank you, I will be patient and not worry about it. Type A personality here, hard to put my control in someone elses hands. :D

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but Celebrity has sweetened the 123 GO! offer, with a 50% reduced deposit offer. I hope this is helpful !

Here's the fine print from the email I received.

50% Reduced Deposit Offer applies to new individual bookings made more than 70 days from departure date. Reduced deposits begin Jan 16, 2013. Reduced deposit is not applicable to groups. Reduced deposit must be paid by Jan 27, 2013. To redeem using celebrity.com, proceed to the Payment page, select “Other” in the deposit field and enter 50% off the deposit amount.

Edited by Host Andy

Andy, can you tell me if I should be concerned with this remark from my TA on the bev package:

Applicable to new cruises of 3 nights or more in ocean-view stateroom or above. A 15% service fee will be added to the Classic

Beverage Package.

I know there's a 15% on the package, but does this mean that through my TA I need to pay it instead of it being included in the amenity?

Edited by Gig103

For the upgrade from the classic beverage package to the premium package:

Does this have to be done by contacting Celebrity prior to the end of this promotion?

or can can you upgrade by contacting Celebrity anytime prior to your sailing date?

or can you wait to upgrade to the premium package on the first day when you board the ship?

Thank you.

Andy, can you tell me if I should be concerned with this remark from my TA on the bev package:

I know there's a 15% on the package, but does this mean that through my TA I need to pay it instead of it being included in the amenity?

Hi Mike,

My guess is, the total amount will be included on the invoice. The breakdown is $10.00 per person per day + $1.50 pp per day gratuity, which totals $11.50 per person, per day.

Does this answer your question ? If not, please let me know.