New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

I suspect the other alternative is that you will pay now, and Celebrity will apply the offer. If before final payment it will then be refunded back to your card when head office apply the benefit. Worst case, it may be an OBC. Such an OBC can be refunded onboard if not used by the end.

I suspect the other alternative is that you will pay now, and Celebrity will apply the offer. If before final payment it will then be refunded back to your card when head office apply the benefit. Worst case, it may be an OBC. Such an OBC can be refunded onboard if not used by the end.

I agree The Big M. As mentioned earlier, I'm confident that all would ultimately work out fine. I liked Sooper's suggestion too, but with that plan, there's a chance that Select might be unavailable once you are onboard. If you do not wish to lay out the $$$, and Select is not a deal-breaker, then it's a good plan.

If it were me, and I absolutely wanted Select Dining ? I'd pay the Grats in advance, and expect it all to work out. If I hear anything further on this, I will post again when I receive an answer.

My DH and I are having a spat over the value of choosing the beverage package versus the $300 on board credit on offer for the 1,2,3, Go! promotion.

We are considering the 12 night Sydney to Auckland sailing March of 2014.

We don't drink a lot, but I figured out that one glass champagne and one after dinner drink alone per person would add up, not to mention the non alcoholic drinks.

We aren't big drinkers during the day and he likes really nice bottles of wine during dinner while I could be happy with wines by the glass. We do like a pre-dinner Martini or glass of champagne , and he likes Remy Martin after dinner and I love Bailey's (I once drank seven after dinner Baileys while listening to Perry Grant on the Constellation--but I had the drinks package that time, thank goodness)

Dh wants to take the on board credit of $300. I think that we should choose the beverage package. This offer is for the Classic package for 12 nights for two people. That's a value of $50.60 per person times twelve, or $607 per person.

We would have to upgrade it to the premium package for $11.50 pp per day ($276) so we could have our Martinis etc. That would be a value of $62.10 per person times twelve, or $745 per person (for a total cost of $276).

DH says that if we do that, we lose the $300 OBC and pay $276 for a cost of $576. I argue that dividing $576 by 12 days is just $48 per day and that we could easily drink that with just a couple of alcoholic drinks, waters, sodas, and coffees.

Is my thought process off? Neither of us can see the other's point of view. HELP!

Hi Anonymouse :)

It does seem like your thought process is spot on...and will be interested seeing what others perceive. I'd be on your team if in the same boat.

But here I plow forth with some unsolicited advice. In a similar conflict with my husband I'd just give in with the "pick your battles" thinking. My dh takes "being right" very seriously, and much of the time it's OK with me to simply relent. Unless financially it would cause me to severely restrict activities and such on the cruise, I'd smile and say, "ok sweetheart- you get this one, next time it's my turn." And maybe later say you can say I told you so!

Have a terrific cruise.

My DH and I are having a spat over the value of choosing the beverage package versus the $300 on board credit on offer for the 1,2,3, Go! promotion.

We don't drink a lot, but I figured out that one glass champagne and one after dinner drink alone per person would add up, not to mention the non alcoholic drinks.

We aren't big drinkers during the day and he likes really nice bottles of wine during dinner while I could be happy with wines by the glass. We do like a pre-dinner Martini or glass of champagne , and he likes Remy Martin after dinner and I love Bailey's (I once drank seven after dinner Baileys while listening to Perry Grant on the Constellation--but I had the drinks package that time, thank goodness)

Dh wants to take the on board credit of $300. I think that we should choose the beverage package. This offer is for the Classic package for 12 nights for two people. That's a value of $50.60 per person times twelve, or $607 per person.

We would have to upgrade it to the premium package for $11.50 pp per day ($276) so we could have our Martinis etc. That would be a value of $62.10 per person times twelve, or $745 per person (for a total cost of $276).

DH says that if we do that, we lose the $300 OBC and pay $276 for a cost of $576. I argue that dividing $576 by 12 days is just $48 per day and that we could easily drink that with just a couple of alcoholic drinks, waters, sodas, and coffees.

Is my thought process off? Neither of us can see the other's point of view. HELP!

Hi Anonymousegirl,

I believe You've made an excellent analysis of your personal situation. It's difficult to say with certainty, which option is best for anyone. However, if your calculations and drink preferences are what you project it to be, and from a dollars and sense perspective, it seems the beverage package might offer the best value - as opposed to paying for each beverage separately.

On another note... after reading every post in this thread, I'd say that the majority of the questions & comments on this thread pertains to the beverage package, so I believe it's the most popular item of the 3 choices.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise !

Edited by Host Andy

I agree, the maths is spot on.

It then just comes down to Would you drink $24, or more worth of drinks each, each day, without the package?

One other thing I would say is that that cruise is a fairly port intensive cruise, so you're likely to be ashore most days, so it's only evenings that you can use the package...

In a similar upcoming cruise, I came down on the OBC side, but each person and situation is different.

Remember you are also coffees and tea ,, pop and water in the package

It is so easy to go though 3 Capps in a day ,

I think as previous posters stated, the drink packages work out best. If you have 2 to 3 alcoholic drinks, a glass of wine, few bottled water, a fresh squeezed oj , specialty coffee and special teas you would be way ahead! The special coffees were excellent, I had one with each meal and a couple during the day

Edited by Cruise a holic

I am guessing the reason no one between mouse and DH can win is that they both are right. If you have been on a cruise before and know what you consumed and how much it cost per day, and it was a low number then the OBC financially is better. If you intend to drink some extra drinks that you did not before then the bev package may be better.

Lots of folks used to carry on water and sodas and just have wine with dinner and maybe one drink or two. If they do the same the OBC is the one to pick. If now they decide to get the package and let it cover the water, sodas, drinks probably a few more and more premium than before then the package is the way to go. I think that's why there is so much discussion. JMHO

Does anybody's drink package show up on Celebrity's site?? We sail in 10 days and it's not there anywhere.

I do have the invoice they sent where is shows

Wav1 - WavBev

and a $0.00 charge under both our names. I printed this to bring with me but would feel better if it was somewhere on my reservation on their site online.

I know that some people have upgraded to premium and they see it on their reservation but has anybody not upgraded and see it?

DH and I booked our Cruise the day the promo came out and requested the beverage package upgrade. The upgrade still isn't showing on our account, we see the classic package on there at $0.

If for some reason it doesn't get added before we sail are we going to be able to upgrade it onboard? We sail next weekend.

Does anybody's drink package show up on Celebrity's site?? We sail in 10 days and it's not there anywhere.

Wav1 - WavBev

and a $0.00 charge under both our names. I printed this to bring with me but would feel better if it was somewhere on my reservation on their site online.

I know that some people have upgraded to premium and they see it on their reservation but has anybody not upgraded and see it?

I booked 4 cruises all on Jan 10 and one for my friends on Jan 10, the Classic is showing up under extras online for 2 of the 5 cruises only. They were all upgraded to premium and that isn't showing up anywhere. It seems like the online system isn't 100%. The interesting thing is if I go in to try and buy a premium beverage package, when I get to the part that shows both names and should show the value (a few steps in) it just shows $0, so it is like the system knows we have the package and the premium upgrade (that works for all of the 5 bookings).

For our April 6 cruise on the Eclipse, I had my travel agent call again last Friday about paying for the premium upgrade and Celebrity said they are still way behind and it will likely be another 10 days before it is posted to our account so that we can pay the upgrade.

Wav1 - WavBev

No. I called my TA and Celebrity. Celebrity told me that they have hired additional people to post the updates on our reservations since this is so popular. I cruise in about one month and do have an e-mail confirmation from my TA, but the package isn't listed. When I called Celebrity they also stated that the package is visible to them in the celebrity system, but not on line yet. I also booked it for another two future cruises but again, it isn't listed. I am also concerned.

I booked 4 cruises all on Jan 10 and one for my friends on Jan 10, the Classic is showing up under extras online for 2 of the 5 cruises only. They were all upgraded to premium and that isn't showing up anywhere. It seems like the online system isn't 100%. The interesting thing is if I go in to try and buy a premium beverage package, when I get to the part that shows both names and should show the value (a few steps in) it just shows $0, so it is like the system knows we have the package and the premium upgrade (that works for all of the 5 bookings).

For our April 6 cruise on the Eclipse, I had my travel agent call again last Friday about paying for the premium upgrade and Celebrity said they are still way behind and it will likely be another 10 days before it is posted to our account so that we can pay the upgrade.

No. I called my TA and Celebrity. Celebrity told me that they have hired additional people to post the updates on our reservations since this is so popular. I cruise in about one month and do have an e-mail confirmation from my TA, but the package isn't listed. When I called Celebrity they also stated that the package is visible to them in the celebrity system, but not on line yet. I also booked it for another two future cruises but again, it isn't listed. I am also concerned.

Thank you both for your replies. This puts my mind at ease. I do have the invoice showing the wav bev code and when I called to book dining reservations, the agent did say they could see the beverage package so I think we'll be okay. Thanks again:D

Hi Anonymouse :)

It does seem like your thought process is spot on...and will be interested seeing what others perceive. I'd be on your team if in the same boat.

But here I plow forth with some unsolicited advice. In a similar conflict with my husband I'd just give in with the "pick your battles" thinking. My dh takes "being right" very seriously, and much of the time it's OK with me to simply relent. Unless financially it would cause me to severely restrict activities and such on the cruise, I'd smile and say, "ok sweetheart- you get this one, next time it's my turn." And maybe later say you can say I told you so!

Have a terrific cruise.

Well, I already "gave in" on this vacation because I wanted to do an adult only Adventures by Disney Vietnam and Cambodia. DH wasn't at all excited about it so we looked elsewhere. So this is my turn!

I agree, the maths is spot on.

It then just comes down to Would you drink $24, or more worth of drinks each, each day, without the package?

One other thing I would say is that that cruise is a fairly port intensive cruise, so you're likely to be ashore most days, so it's only evenings that you can use the package...

In a similar upcoming cruise, I came down on the OBC side, but each person and situation is different.

Yes, I took that into account. On port days, I can see us spending $10 on the big bottles of water, then recuperating back on board with a frosty beer before pre-dinner drinks!

Just tell him that if he insists on going with the OBC, you'll complain for an hour every time you have to pay for a drink and make his vacation miserable in the process.

That's how it works in my house, anyway. :D

Oh, I am much more subtle than that!:D

I am guessing the reason no one between mouse and DH can win is that they both are right. If you have been on a cruise before and know what you consumed and how much it cost per day, and it was a low number then the OBC financially is better. If you intend to drink some extra drinks that you did not before then the bev package may be better.

Lots of folks used to carry on water and sodas and just have wine with dinner and maybe one drink or two. If they do the same the OBC is the one to pick. If now they decide to get the package and let it cover the water, sodas, drinks probably a few more and more premium than before then the package is the way to go. I think that's why there is so much discussion. JMHO

Normally, the drinks package is not the right choice for us. While there are some days I can and do drink $60 of drinks, overall, I cannot maintain that on a daily basis.

However, in this case, the cost of the premium package is such that the per diem cost per person is around $24. THAT is totally do-able!

And I love not having to sign the chits!

Can anyone confirm that with the Premium drinks package you can pay the difference between the max $12 and drinks that might cost more?

IIRC, you cannot bridge the difference with the Classic package.

Also, does the premium package include the molecular cocktails?

Yes. I believe it is in the FAQ that with the Premium package, you pay the difference.

With the Classic, you pay for the full amount (initially it was reported that you also just pay the difference but Celebrity said that that was a error and corrected the FAQ).

AFAIK, the $12 Molecular Bar drinks are included in the Premium package.

I think librarylady19 had kinda confirmed that by showing us photos of her Molecular Bar drinks in her nice review thread...:D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1772373

Just a heads up.

I am sailing in 10 days. I called on January 14th to see about getting in on the 123 promo. They said sure, but you have to pay today's rate, which I already knew from this wonderful thread on here.

We had booked in December using a resident rate that saved us $100, I also knew that we wouldn't be able to keep that promo, no problem, the drink package was worth more to us, 4 of us booked in 2 different rooms.

So, when I called I was told, again, I had to pay today's regular rate, and was told, "you're in luck, the regular rate is down $10 less than the resident rate you paid in Dec. But they said we couldn't get the $10 back, to which I replied. NO problem, as long as what we paid stays the same and we get the drinks packages added, I was totally happy.

So he does all the paperwork, sends me an invoice with the WAV- WAV BEV on it, so I print it just in case.

Well today I called to check on our reservations for dinner and decide to double check on our packages since they still do not show on our reservation. Lo and behold, we have NO drink packages the guy tells me. He says you have a resident rate so the billing department removed the drink packages.:eek: I was shocked and very upset but the man was very nice and put me on hold and said he could see where I had called in and the other agent added the 123 promo but he FORGOT to remove the resident rate, so we were denied the packages. They are going to fix it all up today and I should get a new invoice showing the changes.

Good thing I double checked. Our category is all sold out and in reality it was their mistake since I was quite prepared to pay the prevailing rate and was told it was $10 less. I guess they could see that on their end and are supposed to honour it. I will be on pins and needles until I get an email with the Bev promo added back on.

Moral of the Story. If you called to add this promo and made changes with any special rates you had before, double check that they took any specials off. I would have been soooo upset if the 4 of us had got on that ship next weekend and were told we had no packages.

I will update here when I get the email that things have been fixed. Gosh this promo has been so chaotic for the agents at Celebrity.

Edited by doodlefan

We just returned from a 2/4 cruise on the Constellation. It was important that we had our paperwork showing the WAV BEV code since they had no record of it and this is just what they needed to have it added to our account at guest relations. It only took a couple of minutes to have it added and we were good to go.

The drink package was well worth it for us!

We just returned from a 2/4 cruise on the Constellation. It was important that we had our paperwork showing the WAV BEV code since they had no record of it and this is just what they needed to have it added to our account at guest relations. It only took a couple of minutes to have it added and we were good to go.

The drink package was well worth it for us!

What paperwork did you take. Was it a screen shot of the beverage package showing on your reservation or your invoice/guest confirmation from Celebrity.

Thanks

Can anyone confirm that with the Premium drinks package you can pay the difference between the max $12 and drinks that might cost more?

IIRC, you cannot bridge the difference with the Classic package.

The question was asked, and was advised that if you have the premium package, you could pay the difference if the drink is above $12.

I hope this helps !

What paperwork did you take. Was it a screen shot of the beverage package showing on your reservation or your invoice/guest confirmation from Celebrity.

Thanks

I'd recommened bringing a copy of your Guest booking confirmation. This can be obtained from Celebrity, or your TA if you booked with one.

I hope this helps !