summer weather in canada/new england? please help

musicmansmom

It will definitely be cooler than Texas, but it did hit the 90s in places yesterday and supposed to today as well. Pretty unusual for this time of year, but should make for some great foliage later on. We'll see. Have fun!

Yes, I am hoping for a beautiful fall, after our not so great spring and the tough winter and humid summer---one season needs to be nice for us this year!

• 3 months later...

hello everyone. i have been away for awhile but i am in the planning stages of a sept cruise to new england/canada this sept. of course it will be on the carnival victory. so i am in the research stage again. i cant wait to go since this is my dream cruise (except alaska of course ) so i am getting up to date on this itinerary and all the things to do . i will be going by myself but, that does not bother me. seeing all the sights and doing interesting port things are my main priorities. eating lots of lobster, sight seeing and shopping in the ports are the what will keep me busy.

any advice as too what airport to fly into and what hotel for the pre-cruise stay will be greatly helpful. i cant wait to read all the great info here on the boards for my upcoming cruise.

hi everyone

i have been away for awhile and am happy to be back. i have had to cancell my 8 day mexican riviera cruise but i am in the works for setting up a 7 day new england/canada cruise in sept. i am eager to read all there is here about the area and things to do ( sydney and nova scocia). i will be leaving from new york on the carnival victory so i will need advice on the best airport to fly into on the day of the cruise.

i am really excited about this cruise and will be eager to read all the great advice i get here about my itinerary. thanks to all for any help.

• 4 weeks later...
hello everyone. i have been away for awhile but i am in the planning stages of a sept cruise to new england/canada this sept. of course it will be on the carnival victory. so i am in the research stage again. i cant wait to go since this is my dream cruise (except alaska of course ) so i am getting up to date on this itinerary and all the things to do . i will be going by myself but, that does not bother me. seeing all the sights and doing interesting port things are my main priorities. eating lots of lobster, sight seeing and shopping in the ports are the what will keep me busy.

any advice as too what airport to fly into and what hotel for the pre-cruise stay will be greatly helpful. i cant wait to read all the great info here on the boards for my upcoming cruise.

Where does the Carnival Victory sail from? I have lots of recommendations if you are flying into NE--but will need more specifics to help you! :)

we sail from the west side of manhattan. i am flying into lga but i am having a hard time finding the right place to stay. i have to admit that the prices for a room in new york is way over the amount i have ever had to spend before. $250 for just one night :eek: is outrageous too me. i would like to stay in middle manhattan if possible but i am not having any luck with priceline and i have to have two beds so priceline might not work for us anyway. i have everything set now--cruise and flight but the room is the big challange now. i will be doing some big-time research to find a room for us :) . thanks for any help.

we sail from the west side of manhattan. i am flying into lga but i am having a hard time finding the right place to stay. i have to admit that the prices for a room in new york is way over the amount i have ever had to spend before. $250 for just one night :eek: is outrageous too me. i would like to stay in middle manhattan if possible but i am not having any luck with priceline and i have to have two beds so priceline might not work for us anyway. i have everything set now--cruise and flight but the room is the big challange now. i will be doing some big-time research to find a room for us :) . thanks for any help.

Sorry I can't be of help to you...I am a Boston girl, not a New Yorker!

Try the Comfort Inn on W. 46th St............

http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/HotelInfo?sid=jIjdi.KV36igRGG.7&hotel=NY041&sarea=89505&sname=New+York+City&sstate=NY&scountry=US&sradius=40.23&slat=40.7528&slon=-73.9757&schain=CI&exp=&scity=New+York+City&sort=&month=4&day=26&depart_month=4&depart_day=27&nadult=1&nchild=0

Sorry I can't be of help to you...I am a Boston girl, not a New Yorker!

Just what I need!! I am in the very beginning stages of planning the Jewel for October 2006. We have been to Boston before, but not for a cruise and stayed in the burbs and rode the train in. So, if we need one night pre-cruise, close to the pier, what would you suggest? Thanks for any help you can give us!

ETA: Doesn't necessarily have to be close to the pier!

Just what I need!! I am in the very beginning stages of planning the Jewel for October 2006. We have been to Boston before, but not for a cruise and stayed in the burbs and rode the train in. So, if we need one night pre-cruise, close to the pier, what would you suggest? Thanks for any help you can give us!

ETA: Doesn't necessarily have to be close to the pier!

I would recommend the Copley Westin or Marriot Long Wharf...both in great locations for seeing a little of Boston while you are there...the pier is not in a touristy area.

I would recommend the Copley Westin or Marriot Long Wharf...both in great locations for seeing a little of Boston while you are there...the pier is not in a touristy area.

Thank you! I am going to check both of these out.

• 1 month later...

After reading about the weather last year, I too am thinking I may still need some summer wear for the Sept 23 trip. I was not planning on summer clothes but that would be great - being able to sit out on the aft balcony in warm weather -

After reading about the weather last year, I too am thinking I may still need some summer wear for the Sept 23 trip. I was not planning on summer clothes but that would be great - being able to sit out on the aft balcony in warm weather -

The key to dressing appropriately for New England weather is layers! You probably should pack summer clothes, as well as sweaters, long pants, and a jacket.

Archived