Breakfast near Intercontinental Miami

seascot

I asked previously for hotel recommendations near port of Miami for our upcoming Riviera cruise and have booked the Intercontinental on Jim and Stan's recommendation. Thanks everyone for their help. I wonder if anyone could suggest somewhere nearby for breakfast as we will not be eating in the hotel.

I asked previously for hotel recommendations near port of Miami for our upcoming Riviera cruise and have booked the Intercontinental on Jim and Stan's recommendation. Thanks everyone for their help. I wonder if anyone could suggest somewhere nearby for breakfast as we will not be eating in the hotel.

When we cruised in Dececember took a red eye (never again) but took a cab to the Intercontinental at 7am for breakfast and to wait until time to board the ship..breakfast was very good, if a little pricey..they had a menu and a buffet..

Jancruz1

There is a Starbucks right in the hotel (in the corridor linking it to the office building next door) and another one in Bayside Marketplace, where you can sip your coffee while enjoying a view of the marina. Across the street from the Intercontinental, Clos Bistro and Cafe is open for breakfast, and La Provence bakery and cafe is on Flagler St., just a couple of short blocks away.

We just stayed there in November. There are several cafes across the street that serve breakfast. A short walk. The concierge will have a brochure of nearby restaurants. Lovely Hotel. We had a view of our ship in Port.

102234.jpg

If you are staying at the Intercontinental, it seems a shame not to eat at their Poolside Restaurant (they open at 11AM) as the prices were VERY Moderate ($10 to $30), and there is nothing as exciting as enjoying a pre-cruise meal with your cruise ship sitting in your lap.

112446.jpg121319.jpg

These photographs were taken at the Blue Water Grill and there is no better view of the Oceania Berth anywhere in the city.

102234.jpg

If you are staying at the Intercontinental, it seems a shame not to eat at their Poolside Restaurant (they open at 11AM) as the prices were VERY Moderate ($10 to $30), and there is nothing as exciting as enjoying a pre-cruise meal with your cruise ship sitting in your lap.

112446.jpg121319.jpg

These photographs were taken at the Blue Water Grill and there is no better view of the Oceania Berth anywhere in the city.

I want to have breakfast at that table-do you know the table # also lol?

I am going on my first Oceania Riviera cruise on March 28th. The pictures you post on so many threads are beautiful.

Catherine

Hi!

We actually prefer a restaurant that is not part of a chain for dinner.

Any suggestions?

Rhea

There are two superb restaurants within an easy two block walk of the Intercontinental.

Daniel Boulud's Bistro Moderne, and Zuma

http://www.danielnyc.com/dbbistroMiami.html

http://www.zumarestaurant.com/zuma-landing/miami/en/restaurant/

The food is fabulous at either, but if you will take our advice. if the weather is pleasant, ask for a table on the outdoor terrace at Zuma

content_Zuma-Miami-Terrace---Photo-Credit-James-Shearer.jpg?1320334614 Exquisite

Hi!

Thanks for the wonderful dinner suggestions! We will definitely have dinner at one of these wonderful restaurants and breakfast at the Intercontinental where we will be staying.

This will be our 15th Oceania cruise and we always want our pre-cruise experience to be as wonderful as our Oceania cruises.

Rhea

P.S. We'll also be on the Riviera in less than two weeks. Any dinner suggestions for a good restaurant in South Beach? We'll be staying at the Hotel Astor.

On South Beach we have a wide selection of great restaurants. For Italian I would suggest Osteria de Teatro, Maccalousos or Sardinia. For steaks it's Prime 112 or Red the Steakhouse. Seafood would be Joes Stone Crab for an early dinner to avoid the wait or Alta Mare. Sushi would be Nobu, Makoto in Bal Harbour or Doraku on Lincoln Road.

Archived