I think the Dawn is tendering in Cozumel EVERY time there are 7 ships in port

rjm11

I am sailing Feb 24th and my Edocs say that we are anchoring in Roatan and Belize and docking in Coz and Costa Maya. Does anyone know if they change this or does it stay the same once its on the Edocs? Thanks won't make or break my trip just curious.

I just had to add...they can even change docks. When we took our Pearl cruise in March, on our edocs it said that we would be in port at International. I was kind of happy to be going to a "new" port to see what it was like (and it's closer to Chankanaab) but when we docked, it was right back at the same place as before...Punta Laguna. :)

This is all good information, thanks! I'm still curious- there have been at least 3 postings of the Dawn tendering, and I've yet to see one mentioned of the Pearl doing it- anyone remember seeing this or experiencing it themselves? I'm still "concerned" that it's always the Dawn who tenders if all three are in port (especially now that we know it's never the Star).

My understanding is the Star always get to dock and does not rotate. The Pearl and the Dawn rotate the dock space next to Star. The ship that does not get to dock next to Star either anchor nearby or gets a spot at another dock further down the island.

Coka

I was on the Star last week & was told the same thing by a couple of officers.

Mitsugirly - be very glad you weren't at the International Pier! I hate that one! I'd rather tender into downtown than go there.

Mitsugirly - be very glad you weren't at the International Pier! I hate that one! I'd rather tender into downtown than go there.

What is different about it? Just wondering. Is it not as nice or big? We think Punta is really nice, but just thought it would be nice to experience something different. However, it looks like NCL is always at Punta. :)

What is different about it? Just wondering. Is it not as nice or big? We think Punta is really nice, but just thought it would be nice to experience something different. However, it looks like NCL is always at Punta. :)

It's like a little rat maze with little shack/booths. With more than 2000 people getting off, it's like cattle being run through the rails at auction. Anyway, it's a much smaller area and very far away from anything. We walked for 15-20 minutes toward downtown and got nowhere near anything, so we just turned around (this is when we were on Mariner of the Seas in March). Trust me when I say, Punta Langost or the ferry terminal (where the other NCL ship tenders to) is much much much better!

Also, I was thinking about it...could it depend on what time the ships arrive? We were the first to arrive on the Star and had already got off the ship and was gone (and the Pearl or Dawn was no where in site when we got off) before the other 2 ships came in.

mitsugirly, as you know, I was there on Dawn that day. We there there before both the Star and the Pearl. I took this picture from the Venetian dining room while eating breakfast. This is you arriving. As you can see, we are already there and Pearl hasn't arrived yet.

ry%3D400

Reports back from the Dawn are that they are "rotating" who has to tender- it appears that it's always the Dawn though, am I right?

I was one who reported that. I do not know it to be true. It was what the Dawn Captain said over the PA when we arrived in Cozumel.

It's like a little rat maze with little shack/booths. With more than 2000 people getting off, it's like cattle being run through the rails at auction. Anyway, it's a much smaller area and very far away from anything. We walked for 15-20 minutes toward downtown and got nowhere near anything, so we just turned around (this is when we were on Mariner of the Seas in March). Trust me when I say, Punta Langost or the ferry terminal (where the other NCL ship tenders to) is much much much better!

Glad to know I'm not missing anything then. :D

mitsugirly, as you know, I was there on Dawn that day. We there there before both the Star and the Pearl. I took this picture from the Venetian dining room while eating breakfast. This is you arriving. As you can see, we are already there and Pearl hasn't arrived yet.

ry%3D400

I was one who reported that. I do not know it to be true. It was what the Dawn Captain said over the PA when we arrived in Cozumel.

Hmm, I wonder why I don't remember seeing the Dawn when we were pulling up. Maybe my memory is failing me now...it's been so long ago. :D :p

I'm a little bumbed. Just checked the e docs, Cozumel changed from dock to tender. Three of four stops tendering:(i:(

I don't think NCL is tendering in Roatan much- check cruisett and see how many ships are in port your day.... last year our edocs said "tender" in Roatan and we docked. But yes, I'm bummed that the Dawn seems to always be the one tendering in Cozumel (when needed), and think they should have advertised that.

I don't think NCL is tendering in Roatan much- check cruisett and see how many ships are in port your day.... last year our edocs said "tender" in Roatan and we docked. But yes, I'm bummed that the Dawn seems to always be the one tendering in Cozumel (when needed), and think they should have advertised that.

My edocs on the Star from Tampa last February said tender and we docked as well.

So there is a chance we may dock instead of tender in Roatan? Sweet!

Yes , we docked last week

To those still worried about tendering in Cozumel.....as I said earlier, the captain told us they rotate. Maybe the Dawn is getting all of it's tenders done in a row? Who knows?

Bottom line, tendering in Cozumel was a breeze last week. They had problems tendering back due to a broken down tender, but as long as you were in the line you got to tender back in late.

No worries people, get a tender ticket and have fun!

It's not by who gets there first. The Star was docked last week when we put down anchor. The Pearl cruised by us to the pier about an hour later.

The tendering was easy and fast! Get a tender ticket and wait for your number to be called. About 10:30am it's tendering without a number. You will wait for the boat to fill up and leave longer than you are sailing over to the port, 5 minutes maybe. The seas were easy last week at every port too.

Shelly- We were on the same cruise and did not have your experience. In Belize by 10:30 you did not need a tender ticket.

So, we thought the same would happen in Cozumel. Not so.

We waited 1 1/2 hours to get off. They were really checking numbers and we got off finally around 11 AM and they were still calling ticket numbers. By the time we went for tickets they were past the blue numbers up to 900 and were into the pink tickets.

Glad you had a good tendering experience.

Shelly- We were on the same cruise and did not have your experience. In Belize by 10:30 you did not need a tender ticket.

So, we thought the same would happen in Cozumel. Not so.

We waited 1 1/2 hours to get off. They were really checking numbers and we got off finally around 11 AM and they were still calling ticket numbers. By the time we went for tickets they were past the blue numbers up to 900 and were into the pink tickets.

Glad you had a good tendering experience.

It seems like there are more stories of the tendering going slowly (or poorly) in Cozumel than going fine, which is why I'm concerned.

I will be in Cozumel on March 15, 2013. There are 6 ships in port - 3 NCL, 2 RCCL and 1 Carnival. Has anyone had any experience with that scenario?

That might be the scenario where the Pearl ends up down at the International Pier- I think there's room for 4 down there.... and then the Dawn can dock at Punta Langosta with the Star.

That might be the scenario where the Pearl ends up down at the International Pier- I think there's room for 4 down there.... and then the Dawn can dock at Punta Langosta with the Star.[/quote

That would be awesome! That is my favorite Cozumel pier.

I will be in Cozumel on March 15, 2013. There are 6 ships in port - 3 NCL, 2 RCCL and 1 Carnival. Has anyone had any experience with that scenario?

We had 8 ships in port last week. As I've said a few times before in this thread tendering was fine.

Just downloaded and printed off our eDocs for our March 17th cruise on the Dawn, and on our eDocs, it has Cozumel listed as at "Anchor," and not "Docked." Not looking forward to tendering in Cozumel at all!

My e-docs say "ARRIVE-DOCK" for Cozumel on the same cruise. Who knows! I booked an NCL excursion so hopefully I don't have to worry!

Archived