Lets try to sort out the (complicated) ai drinks issues

Hi John,hows it going?

When you posted that question I emailed them on the address they gave to see if our Airline had been change and got an answer virtually instantly to see if

Hi Jim, going Ok -can't wait to get back on Dream in June! Have they changed your Airline in May? I believe the planes Jetairfly use have outside toilets:D:eek:

Ah sorry I didn't see that :o

Oh well off you all go to Costa then! Don't forget the Italian lessons before you go and don't forget to wear your life jacket at all times :D :D

Wasn't posting the info so everyone would jump ship (so to speak), was posting it in the hope that the Thomson Team (who have stopped answering questions) may see what other cruise lines offer, ie - fixed price across the fleet, with upfront details of what you get.

Wasn't posting the info so everyone would jump ship (so to speak), was posting it in the hope that the Thomson Team (who have stopped answering questions) may see what other cruise lines offer, ie - fixed price across the fleet, with upfront details of what you get.

Yes I know :) Just having a little joke to cheer up a dull January day :)

Some snow flakes this morning as I was coming home from shopping, but more forecast for tomorrow apparently - on TV last night they said 6-7 inches :eek: Shopping just been delivered, so well stocked up with food and drink :D

Hi John,hows it going?

When you posted that question I emailed them on the address they gave to see if our Airline had been change and got an answer virtually instantly to see if

Hi Jim, going Ok -can't wait to get back on Dream in June! Have they changed your Airline in May? I believe the planes Jetairfly use have outside toilets:D:eek:

No John were still the same.I see your flying from Glasgow so it may just be flights from there thats changed.Jetairfly dont have toilets at all,every passenger with be handed

urinale_maschile_2.jpg

at check in

Just had a offers sheet from Bolsover Cruise Club in the post .

Celebrity Cruises FREE ALL INCLUSIVE on all bookings made before end Feb !! :cool:

Value up to $1400 per cabin on a two week sailing. :D

Also £50 per cabin OBS towards gratuities.

Everyone is now looking at ALL INC it seems, at one time was only really Thomsons, they had better watch out now the competion is hot on their heels !! :eek::eek:

Celebrity Cruises FREE ALL INCLUSIVE on all bookings made before end Feb !! :cool:

Everyone is now looking at ALL INC it seems, at one time was only really Thomsons, they had better watch out now the competion is hot on their heels !! :eek::eek:

The competition seems to have overtaken them!

seem to remember reading the headline price had gone up by the same amount as the value of the so called FREE ai though so just could be just another spin job

Over the last few weeks, the Thomson social media team have stopped sending out bar lists to those who have asked for it, stating that they cannot do so as the list may change. Now they are saying branded drinks are not included -

2244@2244.karoo.co.uk says:19/01/2013 at 21:01

Hi we are sailing on the Dream and purchased the Drink Package, could you tell me if Bacardi Rum is included, or do they class it as Premium drink. Annie

Hi Annie, We’re unable to confirm which drinks would be available on your cruise as this may change. I can confirm that premium brands such as Bacardi are usually not on the All Inclusive package. I hope this helps.

I've pointed out that Bacardi is available, and many branded drinks, only to be told that branded drinks are not included. Are we really going down the route of unbranded drinks, after people have paid for drinks packages in good faith? Do they not remember the outcry when they tried to sneak it in on the Dream? If so, this is totally underhand, and I am done.

Link - http://www.thomson.co.uk/blog/2012/04/thomson-cruises-going-platinum/comment-page-4/#comment-21205

I would be inclined to think that the 'social media team' don't know what they are talking about. Par for the course with Thomson head office. They don't know their A from their E ;)

Why change the AI package mid season? after printing all the menus etc etc.

Surely Thomson have learnt the hard way that you do not make basic changes to products without reasonable notice. In the context of cruises this is when you launch the new seasons cruises. for Thomson this would be from the start of the 2014 summer season.

Several years ago they tried to gut the AI without telling anyone in advance. The resulting outcry caused them to change back to the original within weeks claiming the new one was only an experiment - yeah :rolleyes:

What irritates me is these financial idiots in HQ coming up with these 'wizard schemes' have probably never been on a cruise and never intend to do so. :mad:

Hi Dave,

I did put all that on the blog, but now my comments are awaiting moderation. In the past, that has sometimes taken almost a week. There are quite a few examples of incorrect information being given out on that blog, par for the course with Thomson.

I'm not surprised!! And nor would I expect anything else if I were on one of the free or cheap drinks packages. However on a full 'premium' price package I would expect a 'premium' product. Rip off if you have already paid only to discover you end up with a cheap drinks choice. Glad I decided not to bother.

Thomson just goes from bad to worse on this, just charge a standard price for a standard but decent product across all the cruises, with the addition of onboard beer/wine/soft drinks deals why does it have to be so difficult or complicated? :confused:

I would be inclined to think that the 'social media team' don't know what they are talking about. Par for the course with Thomson head office. They don't know their A from their E ;)

Honestly! Thoms! Why dont they just come on here for up-to-the-minute reasonably accurate cruise information?

Wait!

They do??

I'm not surprised!! And nor would I expect anything else if I were on one of the free or cheap drinks packages. However on a full 'premium' price package I would expect a 'premium' product. Rip off if you have already paid only to discover you end up with a cheap drinks choice. Glad I decided not to bother.

Thomson just goes from bad to worse on this, just charge a standard price for a standard but decent product across all the cruises, with the addition of onboard beer/wine/soft drinks deals why does it have to be so difficult or complicated? :confused:

Hi whistlerbc, agree but I think even with free all inc should be branded spirits and a decent selection of beer cider etc as I think when you get it free the cruise is usually dearer anyway.

Its all swings and roundabouts I think as well as being an early booking perk but you always pay for it one way or another :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Over the last few weeks, the Thomson social media team have stopped sending out bar lists to those who have asked for it, stating that they cannot do so as the list may change. Now they are saying branded drinks are not included -

2244@2244.karoo.co.uk says:19/01/2013 at 21:01

Hi we are sailing on the Dream and purchased the Drink Package, could you tell me if Bacardi Rum is included, or do they class it as Premium drink. Annie

Hi Annie, We’re unable to confirm which drinks would be available on your cruise as this may change. I can confirm that premium brands such as Bacardi are usually not on the All Inclusive package. I hope this helps.

I've pointed out that Bacardi is available, and many branded drinks, only to be told that branded drinks are not included. Are we really going down the route of unbranded drinks, after people have paid for drinks packages in good faith? Do they not remember the outcry when they tried to sneak it in on the Dream? If so, this is totally underhand, and I am done.

Link - http://www.thomson.co.uk/blog/2012/04/thomson-cruises-going-platinum/comment-page-4/#comment-21205

I have added a 'rant' to this as it is referring to Majesty and I am not happy. :mad::mad:

I was on Majesty in Sept and asked and received an e-mail copy of the drinks menu from Th Blog on 7th December. It was exactly the same as Sept. and on that basis we paid £199 each p.w. for the AI drinks package. Not particularly bothered about getting our "monies worth", as paying up front knowing that there would be drinks of our choice on the AI menu.

Have said that we will expect a full refund of £199 each if the bar list has changed.:rolleyes:

Linda and Dave......hope you will report back after your cruise, then it will give me time to complain in the UK before we go!

Oh and I have just thought...we have paid £69 each for AI in September, again on Majesty! :eek:

Ooops! Should have read further down the Breaking News Blog page as on 7/1/13 Christine says Majesty's drinks menu still includes Smirnoff and Gordon's and that Majesty and Celebration differ to Dream and Spirit.

But, still, on the Majesty blog, they have stopped sending out drinks menus too. :rolleyes:

I've also commented on that blog. I'm sure that there is a different flow chart to follow when trying to convince customers to purchase the ai compared to answering queries from the customers who have already parted with their cash. There is a definite case of breach of contract if what they are sayingaboutthe branded drinks is true. Hopefully the social media staff are incorrect or thomson will face a lot of awkward questions from the office of fair trading with subsequent claims for refunds plus interest

The one the really got me was £3.70 for a pint of Lager or £2.00 for a pint of Lager shandy, also look at Chocolate £3.00 Coffee £2.50. wow

Yes prices are rising! Not so long ago coffee was half that price! I now take sachets of Nescafe cappuccino with me and make my own late night coffee in the Lido. Sounds mean - but it's a better cappuccino imo and costs me 20p!

Yes prices are rising! Not so long ago coffee was half that price! I now take sachets of Nescafe cappuccino with me and make my own late night coffee in the Lido. Sounds mean - but it's a better cappuccino imo and costs me 20p!

It's not mean. It's a good idea. But how long before someone stops it? :eek::D

I am referring to posts made by Grez 137, Davecttr 139, Geraintw 147 and whistlerbc 173 and the above link made by Grez.

Well, we do not seem to be getting any straight answers from the Thomsons Blog team on the above link and to be honest I am getting very confused and irritated by their remarks. Dave, I think your comments sum it up. The proof will be when we are on our respective cruises and hopefully "something sinister" is not afoot which will (I am tempted to say) leave a nasty taste in the mouth!

:eek:

PS I haven't dared to tell DH about all this yet. :eek::eek:

Archived