Lets try to sort out the (complicated) ai drinks issues

this is just mad! its mad! its Crazy??

the dream/celebration drinks menu is here in black and white (full colour actually)

why is ai package different on majesty/spirit? They're different ships?

they were selling beer packages on majesty/spirit? at one time (weren’t they?)

why cant the ai/packages not be standard across the fleet??we would all know were we were then so would thoms. This happens with hotel groups, so I think ships of the same company would be no different.

why cant there be a range of drinks packages (to suit all budgets/tastes) along with full ai available to purchase? why cant this be standardised across the fleet? Same as above.

why are thomsons no longer giving out drinks menus?? (Ominous!)

why dont they know what they are talking about...they flippin well should know.....if they dont know? dog knows, who knows??

why bother with a blog/facebook/twitter if info is misleading/downright wrong....setting themselves up here for some deadly criticism. Best to follow the T&C's of your booking. Blogs hold no weight if you happen to encounter a problem with your holiday.

heads up thoms

It may well be that the area the ship is based in will have an effect on the drinks deals they are able to offer?

It may well be that the area the ship is based in will have an effect on the drinks deals they are able to offer?

also whether the ship is run by Louis cruises. for example no draught beer on Spirit/Majesty, only cans and no logical reason why they don't supply it :confused:

When I was on Destiny in the Caribbean the ship was based at La Romana in the Dominican Republic. the lager was a local brew called El Presidente, we called it Ill Presedente

Wonder why they moved to Barbados?

also whether the ship is run by Louis cruises. for example no draught beer on Spirit/Majesty, only cans and no logical reason why they don't supply it :confused:

When I was on Destiny in the Caribbean the ship was based at La Romana in the Dominican Republic. the lager was a local brew called El Presidente, we called it Ill Presedente

Wonder why they moved to Barbados?

Yes, I have wondered that too, anyone know?...although I much prefer barbados

also wonder why they dont have Banks, Carib or Sol on Dream when its in the caribbean??

Yes, I have wondered that too, anyone know?...although I much prefer barbados

also wonder why they dont have Banks, Carib or Sol on Dream when its in the caribbean??

Don't know for sure but there was a lot of security in the environs of the port and La Romana itself had very little infrastructure for tourists. We did walk in to the town but it's one of the few places when I've felt relieved to get back to the ship. We did a Thomson trip to Altods de Chavon which was an artificial village built in the style of..........(I'm not sure what) and a river trip on a steam boat (with rum punches at 9.00 am(!) and that was good but I got the feeling there wasn't much else in the way of excursions or places to go from there.

There were also reports of taxis being hi-jacked with tourists on board and their belongings stolen. I'm not sure whether that has any bearing on the change but I must say Barbados is finitely better imo as a base port. Not only can you get about easily and independently there, it is easy to get to the beaches yourself.

we too wandered into town...seemed a bit ropey...all centred around that huge sugar refinery

we went to a beach resort (somewhere nearby) Breezes/Dreams? can't remember? I think Thomsons still do package holidays there?

v nice resort, lovely beach, lots of germans

I absolutely detest the Dominican Republic!! Ended up there a number of years ago and swore I would never go back. Was meant to be going to Antigua but it was hit by a hurricane so with only a few days notice and bags packed any alternative seemed a better option than not going. How wrong, wish we had stayed at home!!! I only caved in and set foot back on the island to board Destiny and leave!

Barbados is by far a better home port, love it :D

another small Q for you Thoms? if I may

re: the house wine...is there a choice of wines on the ai? (by the glass) I didnt notice a choice when I was on the dream recently (other than the sparklings which carried a supplement)

had to order bottles from the wine list

the house wine, especially the rose, was ghaaaagh:(

another small Q for you Thoms? if I may

re: the house wine...is there a choice of wines on the ai? (by the glass) I didnt notice a choice when I was on the dream recently (other than the sparklings which carried a supplement)

had to order bottles from the wine list

the house wine, especially the rose, was ghaaaagh:(

Hi Magot,

There’s usually more than one wine choice on board. I’m not too sure why you weren't able to see this when you were on Dream, so I’ll feed this back onto the Cruise team for you.

Thanks,

Lauren

Hi Magot,

There’s usually more than one wine choice on board. I’m not too sure why you weren't able to see this when you were on Dream, so I’ll feed this back onto the Cruise team for you.

Thanks,

Lauren

There's usually a choice on the AI - red, white or rose!!!!! ;). We've never been offered an actual choice other than that.

I think this is another reason to PAYG :rolleyes::D

always doing PAYG in future....unless I can get a special offer...they wanted nearly £800 off us for ai on our recent cruise on the dream....yes we were a family of 5 but no way was our bar bill anywhere near that over the week!

and...on payg you can partake of the bogof offers and specials....really, unless you can give the ai a really good kicking? its just to expensive:(

only drawback with payg....bill is on the doormat waiting as soon as you get home:(

some friends have just returned from the celebration.......

with this memo issued by Thoms explaining someof the ai issues

http://s4.postimage.org/qmu72ysq5/celebrationai.jpg

We've found that info waiting in the cabin for us on our last few cruises.

Friends of ours just returned at the weekend from Majesty and the premium supplements are the same as when we were on in October.

Also, the excellent videos produced by meezermum "Thomson Majesty review & video tour" part 2 actually proves no change.

Is the change only on Dream and Celebration?

We've found that info waiting in the cabin for us on our last few cruises.

Friends of ours just returned at the weekend from Majesty and the premium supplements are the same as when we were on in October.

Also, the excellent videos produced by meezermum "Thomson Majesty review & video tour" part 2 actually proves no change.

Is the change only on Dream and Celebration?

The Dream and Celebrations AI now the Platinum cruise ships were brought into line with the non Platinum ships like the Majesty

The Dream and Celebrations AI now the Platinum cruise ships were brought into line with the non Platinum ships like the Majesty

Hi Jim

Not according to the drinks menus geomagot (think?) put on a couple of weeks ago (can't find them now). There were lots of drinks carrying supplements which had not been before, e.g. soft drinks.

Definitely glad we go payg then know where we are. Only had AI twice by default.:) Just feel sorry for parents who may have AI paying 95p for cans of pop for their kids. Wait for the fall out when the schools are out.:eek: :)

Although the video put up of the Majesty, which shows a bar list, and is dated only a few weeks ago, showed cans of drink available on AI, so don't think it is as clear cut as they make out.

Goto 11 minutes 50 seconds

Looks different to this one - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1748329&highlight=menu

Hi Jim

Not according to the drinks menus geomagot (think?) put on a couple of weeks ago (can't find them now). There were lots of drinks carrying supplements which had not been before, e.g. soft drinks.

Definitely glad we go payg then know where we are. Only had AI twice by default.:) Just feel sorry for parents who may have AI paying 95p for cans of pop for their kids. Wait for the fall out when the schools are out.:eek: :)

We shall just insist on glasses with fizzy in; twice as much work for the bar staff as they will have to serve double the drinks - I drink a lot of soft drinks in the day too as I'm sure many adults do. I refuse to pay 95p for a can when it sounds like the drinks come out of cans anyway?????

Although the video put up of the Majesty, which shows a bar list, and is dated only a few weeks ago, showed cans of drink available on AI, so don't think it is as clear cut as they make out.

Goto 11 minutes 50 seconds

Looks different to this one - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1748329&highlight=menu

Hi sodafountain

That's the point I was making. youtube video was filmed in January and our friends who returned at the weekend confirmed the Bar List for the Majesty does not have the supplements.

The thread put up in December by geomagot (which I could not find) was for Dream/Celebration and has the supplements.

That's why I ask the question - are the supplements, especially on soft drinks, only on Dream & Celebration?

Julessmiles - As you stated earlier, you will have to watch your children don't get conned into cans and ensure they ask for a glass. Don't know how old they are but you will have to impress on them to be precise when ordering.

:):) (one for each of you)

Hi sodafountain

That's the point I was making. youtube video was filmed in January and our friends who returned at the weekend confirmed the Bar List for the Majesty does not have the supplements.

The thread put up in December by geomagot (which I could not find) was for Dream/Celebration and has the supplements.

That's why I ask the question - are the supplements, especially on soft drinks, only on Dream & Celebration?

Julessmiles - As you stated earlier, you will have to watch your children don't get conned into cans and ensure they ask for a glass. Don't know how old they are but you will have to impress on them to be precise when ordering.

:):) (one for each of you)

Took me a while to find relevant links, so yes, your post appeared after I started mine, think we are saying the same thing.

During the Q&A, FE said that Dream & Celebration were having their AI brought into line with Majesty & Spirit, and the only difference was cider was available on Dream (cider must be a platinum thing), but looking at the 2, Dream has gone further that Majesty, with even less, and this is supposed to be a platinum product, who knows, maybe Thomson don't think customers use different ships and talk through forums so we wouldn't notice, that, or Majesty will get a new bar list once it finished the Canaries.

Took me a while to find relevant links, so yes, your post appeared after I started mine, think we are saying the same thing.

During the Q&A, FE said that Dream & Celebration were having their AI brought into line with Majesty & Spirit, and the only difference was cider was available on Dream (cider must be a platinum thing), but looking at the 2, Dream has gone further that Majesty, with even less, and this is supposed to be a platinum product, who knows, maybe Thomson don't think customers use different ships and talk through forums so we wouldn't notice, that, or Majesty will get a new bar list once it finished the Canaries.

I have kept asking the question but have never got the true answer. I asked if the only difference was that cider was on the Dream but not on Majesty but got no reply.

The bar list on Donna's Majesty video is the same as in September. Linda and Dave (now in Funchal on Majesty) are reporting back, on their return if the bar list is still the same. I go in March and hope the Majesty bar list does not change as I have paid £199 each for it. It is however, suspicious that they will no longer e-mail bar lists out on request on the Thomson Blog, which they did until the beginning of January.

There is a big difference between the bar lists but not sure which one is better than the other as it all depends on what you like to drink. :rolleyes:

And, yes, there will be hundreds of people on the ships who are not aware of the differences, because they do not know about this forum. I know of 2 families who have been on the Dream a number of times and did not know about CC.

Archived